AOR Received.
02/03/2011
File Transfer...
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
06/12/2010
Interview........
04/04/2011
and plzzzz, y is everyone landing in Toronto?? there are other good cities you know..

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
ify said:
and plzzzz, y is everyone landing in Toronto?? there are other good cities you know..
Good! Please throw more light.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
(INDIAN) said:
This month many people got good news .plz share in new topic "Medicial Request Or In Process" .if ur status change to inprocess or medicial request
Hello Sir,

Kindly make this a general post if you have not done so. This is a forum for already Landed Nigerians. If you are one, Sir, Kindly post your experience, opportunities and challenges.

Am sure you have been warned from other threads to stop clogging posts everytime.

My dear good pple of naija, pls ignore him completely. This is the reason: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/indian-please-dont-post-same-query-on-every-thread-t71923.0.html

Eyin eyan mi, se mo wire abi mii o wire? Sure mowiireee.

Shallom.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyn2011 said:
Eyin eyan mi, se mo wire abi mii o wire? Sure mowiireee.

Please could you translate this in English. Not every Naija person here is yoruba u know

This is a question sentence, asking if information/message is safely delivered without any error.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
@ Onyx!

How are you my dear?
I understand you are somewhere between the geographical co-ordinates of Yukon territory and British Columbia; 8) or is it New Foundland and Ontario ;D ;D 8) 8) :eek: :eek:
Tell us of your landing, okay? :p :p
God bless and all the best :-*

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
People I just want to say this, in Canada, nothing moves unless you move it. They need to see a positive effort from you in the right direction.
PLEASE I take God beg una, no settle for less o!
I will tell you this when I got here, Iw as offered an $8/hr job, but I was told I was too qualified and went to where I believed I belonged to and got a job three times more!
Don"t let internet info scare you, just identify what you want and go for it.
And please let's try and be our brother's keepers here.
I will tell you a story of a City called Abbottsford BC, the no of Indians that first came to that city aren't upto the number of Nigerians in Surrey(about 30 mins away), but today every old man taking a walk is Punjabi, every young guy or babe is same and almost all small businesses are owned by them.
Please lets aim high and stay up there, we're tough people from home,but let's add courage to it and step out.

pyramid777

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx dreamteam... That's very inspirational !

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
dreamteam said:
People I just want to say this, in Canada, nothing moves unless you move it. They need to see a positive effort from you in the right direction.
I will tell you this when I got here, Iw as offered an $8/hr job, but I was told I was too qualified and went to where I believed I belonged to and got a job three times more!
I will tell you a story of a City called Abbottsford BC, the no of Indians that first came to that city aren't upto the number of Nigerians in Surrey(about 30 mins away), but today every old man taking a walk is Punjabi, every young guy or babe is same and almost all small businesses are owned by them.
Please lets aim high and stay up there, we're tough people from home,but let's add courage to it and step out.
Hi dreamteam,
So glad to hear from you i was becoming worried about your long silence. Guess what even at the meeting on Saturday i still asked everyone in attendance if they heard from you and even asked Seglad on phone about you and nobody seems to have heard from you not even knowing you have commented on this thread.

How has it been with you? from you post i can see you have gotten a job congrats on that. we all wish you all the best in Canada.

Cheers
Tinu

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo where are all the landed men and women please share your experince

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamteam said:
Good talk Dreamteam. I so much agree with you that we must not settle for less. At same time, one should not be too choosy at the initial stage as money runs fast in this country and the bills continue to run whether you are home or not. The more of your savings (POF)you can hold onto by getting something doing that will pay the bills or part of it, the better. My advise is that whatever your hands can find to do, that is suitable at the initial stage, DO IT. From there you can begin to move up the steps. After all God does not despise the day of little beginning.

God-Help-Us

Oloye

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Bros Oloye, great to read from you again how is madam boljet and the kids doing? my warm regards to them all. Please can you throw light on cost of child care? we hear that minders are cheaper than live in care giver but i would love to have an idea of what either of them cost for a month. I have three kids and the oldest is 9 but would be about ten when we land hopefully summer next year (if Accra answers us b4 then) while the youngest would be 6 but an idea of the child care cost would help even in planning.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinuadeadebola said:
Bros Oloye, great to read from you again how is madam boljet and the kids doing? my warm regards to them all. Please can you throw light on cost of child care? we hear that minders are cheaper than live in care giver but i would love to have an idea of what either of them cost for a month. I have three kids and the oldest is 9 but would be about ten when we land hopefully summer next year (if Accra answers us b4 then) while the youngest would be 6 but an idea of the child care cost would help even in planning.

Madam Tinu, We are all doing good and God has always being so merciful onto us. As per the issue of child care, Child minders take less and you can even negotiate the minimum you can pay so far you both agree on time and nature of her job. Some may be just to take the kids to board the school bus and take them from the bus at a designated area after closing , which really is very close to your house and some may be that your kids will be with them after school till you close from work, probably for just 2 to 3 hrs (My friend does this and pays $30 per day for his 2 kids)

In the area of live in care giver, they are divided into 2, one that will come in the morning by 8am or as agreed by you and close by 4pm or the one that will live permanently in your house. The normal working hours is 8 hours and the minimum pay is $10.25/hr. If she works extra hour, you will have to pay. She will not take care of the house by washing you clothes, cleaning the house or cooking for you and your husband, (Unlike our Nigerian house girls)her job is basically minding the children. Cleaning and providing hygienic environment for them and if educated, help them with their home work from school. Basically focusing on the kids. You can also sponsor somebody from Nigeria probably that your house girl as live in care giver but the procedure involves govt of Canada (you can check this on the web) My friend that is using live in care giver had a very good arrangement as he feeds and provides accommodation for the lady but had an arrangement in which cost of feeding and accommodation are deducted from payment. How they both arrived on this arrangement, i still do not know.

Now to the ages of your children, the one that will be 10 years old can take care of the little ones with minimal supervision. There are always ways around this situation. All these I cannot open-up on the forum. But you will not have much problem in the area of children minding as your children are grown up though not to the age of staying at home alone. But there are ways and so many arrangements that make child care easy here. Networking also helps and work arrangement in between husband and wife is also good, community help and involvement is another good thing. Honestly, you will not have any problem.

Also there are schools that will take care of your children after school till 6pm but you will have to pay between $27 to $33/day. My children school is offering that but it is too expensive.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks my brother for the quick and insightful response, i really do appreciate your taking time out to explain this things to me in great depth. It sure calmed some of my fray nerves at least i now know that these things are not at cut throat prices.