Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi all, been a while I was here. I believe the last time I recall being on this thread, I was preparing to land. Now enjoying the last of the Mississauga summer days. Just wanted to encourage those coming behind, don't be anxious. Rather be focused and courageous. Canada is a place where the sky is your limit as long as you play your part to face the odds with God on your side.

No doubt, God's favor has brought you this far and He is more than able to keep you when you get here. Just remain prayerful, keep asking questions and bring good money. You'll need it to settle in especially as the cold weather sets in.

Please take advantage of the agencies offering free immigrant settlement services. I don't mean free things o, not all provinces give out free stuff but you can register with an agency for help with job search, resume writing and interview skills training. Don't be deceived by those who say not to bother with it, it helps and will keep you moving about and mingling with people so you get quicker adjusted to the pace and style of life in your new community.

Looking forward to reading more landing stories and wish us all the best. :)

McSailor

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
16-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-12-2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, been a while I was here. I believe the last time I recall being on this thread, I was preparing to land. Now enjoying the last of the Mississauga summer days. Just wanted to encourage those coming behind, don't be anxious. Rather be focused and courageous. Canada is a place where the sky is your limit as long as you play your part to face the odds with God on your side.

No doubt, God's favor has brought you this far and He is more than able to keep you when you get here. Just remain prayerful, keep asking questions and bring good money. You'll need it to settle in especially as the cold weather sets in.

Please take advantage of the agencies offering free immigrant settlement services. I don't mean free things o, not all provinces give out free stuff but you can register with an agency for help with job search, resume writing and interview skills training. Don't be deceived by those who say not to bother with it, it helps and will keep you moving about and mingling with people so you get quicker adjusted to the pace and style of life in your new community.

Looking forward to reading more landing stories and wish us all the best. :)
Well said PH. You are always on point. Looking forward to sharing a cup of tea with you. God jeep you and yours and continue to grant you wisdom to direct your affairs.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mynalawal said:
- JOBS and the likes.
I am not an advocate for going back to school to do a progam as soon as you land. a certification maybe but not another degree programme.
be cautious cos depending on the type and length of the programme you will not be eligible for Govt sponsored placement programs.
Please can u explain MORE on this govt sponsored placement program as relating to programmes

Now the best advice I got was to get my resume professionally written, and i tell you that opened doors for me. Check kijiji you will find some cheap ones the guy that did mine charged me $30 for resume and cover letter. Once i started applying with those i got a number of interviews. there are Govt sponsored programs that help with interviews. Enrol in those to get you familiar with the process.
As advised look for an office based transition job, that way you are already networking with professionals. It could be to apply for a lower position in your field. this way you are already in the system and it will give you time to observe and see how thing flow here. because truly , our culture and work ethics are very different.
there are a number of placement programs for new immigrants were they place you in an entry level in your field of study. Explore this option, as it will give you a canadian reference and the infamous canadian working experience most employers are looking for.

RELIGION:
Seek out a Nigerian place of worship. That will be your main source of information and networking opportunities.

I think that is about it, Canada is truly a wonderful place to raise a family and live.......(don't worry with enough padding you will survive the cold). It may take a while for you to get established but persevere, be patient, see every opportunity as a lesson and in due time all will work out, but you need to plan and be prudent.
Thanks for the info

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !

LA89

Dec 19, 2013
Hello everyone,

Hope this meets you all well. Please is there anyone that applied for FSW via EE? If so, at the PPR stage how long did the VO in Accra take to issue? Thank you very much. I appreciate your responses.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
LA89 said:
Hello everyone,

Hope this meets you all well. Please is there anyone that applied for FSW via EE? If so, at the PPR stage how long did the VO in Accra take to issue? Thank you very much. I appreciate your responses.
It usually takes 7 to 14 days.

RanjitNagi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Hello everyone,

Do we need a transit Visa for UK if our layover time at heathrow airport is 4-5 hours?

Regards

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
RanjitNagi said:
Hello everyone,

Do we need a transit Visa for UK if our layover time at heathrow airport is 4-5 hours?

Regards
No you don't.
You only need one, if you decide to go out of the airport for sightseeing etc.

Missque

Oct 9, 2014
Dear Pipis husband,

I would have sent you a direct message but I don't know how to operate this site. Pls can you send me your email address I would like to ask you some questions.

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
This thread is the bomb....just passing through.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Missque said:
Dear Pipis husband,

I would have sent you a direct message but I don't know how to operate this site. Pls can you send me your email address I would like to ask you some questions.
Hi, sent you a PM. Look forward to your landing story soon, cheers.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
Guys,

Assuming i have the POF in cash, which is 10,000 dollars and above, and i am travelling from Lagos Murtala Muhammed Airport in Nigeria, would i encounter any problem? Would i be accused of money laundering even after i declare it and let them know that i am an immigrant?

Any response or suggestion would be welcomed, most especially from those who immigrated of recent during the Buhari period.

Thanks.

GOOM

Nov 6, 2015
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello Folks
It's been a long while and I thought I should say hello. Best wishes to those still on the que and for the landed ones may Canada cooperate with our destiny by God's grace amen
Please can I have an email address to reach you on. I will be landing in about 10 days and would appreciate your advice ma'am.

Thank you

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
ETE said:
Guys,

Assuming i have the POF in cash, which is 10,000 dollars and above, and i am travelling from Lagos Murtala Muhammed Airport in Nigeria, would i encounter any problem? Would i be accused of money laundering even after i declare it and let them know that i am an immigrant?

Any response or suggestion would be welcomed, most especially from those who immigrated of recent during the Buhari period.

Thanks.
Hi, I replied your PM and gave you links to the landing stories of those who just got here. Read the PM for more details, cheers.