Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-12-2015
Re: Passport related query.. Expiring in less than 6 months .. Single entry visa

sanjaysharma said:
Need your view.

We got our Passport stamped with Single entry visa last month (i.e in May 2015) with validity until first week of Dec 2015 for my family.

I have query here
1) Is it require whole family to travel together? Or Main applicant can go first and then rest of the family can join before first week of Dec.
2) My son passport is valid until 5th Dec 2015. it has one Singly entry Canada visa which was stamped last month. will there be any issue in travelling or ticket booking because his passport would be valid for a period of less than 6 months.
3) Can I renew my son passport now? Would there be any issue in flying then with new passport.

Sanjay
The main applicant can go and the rest join before the expiration of the visa.
There will be no issue of booking a ticket if he books now and try to fly into Canada before December to be on the safe side. After pr card collected, he can renew his passport over there.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello Folks
It's been a long while and I thought I should say hello. Best wishes to those still on the que and for the landed ones may Canada cooperate with our destiny by God's grace amen

Senior Tinu ;), Thanks for checking in. Amen to your prayers. Warm Regards to your family

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello Folks
It's been a long while and I thought I should say hello. Best wishes to those still on the que and for the landed ones may Canada cooperate with our destiny by God's grace amen
Madam Tinu,

Thanks for dropping in. It has been a long while. Hope you are well and life in Canada is great.

We appreciate the pages of guidance you left for us.

TKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello Folks

AM VERY HAPPY TO READ FROM YOU, IN FACT I HAVE LOOKED FORWARD TO READING FROM YOU. I NOTICED YOU STARTED THIS THREAD WHEN YOU WERE STILL IN NIGERIA WITH FEARS ABOUT WHAT CANADA MAY HOLD FOR US, ESPECIALLY THOSE YOU CAN BE CONSIDERED COMFORTABLE HERE. I GUESS AM IN THOSE SHOES YOU WERE IN THEN AND WILL VERY MUCH LIKE YOUR GUIDANCE FROM YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES SINCE I GUESS YOU'VE BEEN IN CANADA FOR A WHILE NOW. IS THE WHOLE IMMIGRATION THING WORTH IT?

THANKS, I AWAIT YOUR COMPREHENSIVE RESPONSE.

REGARDS

TKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello Folks

AM VERY HAPPY TO READ FROM YOU, IN FACT I HAVE LOOKED FORWARD TO READING FROM YOU. I NOTICED YOU STARTED THIS THREAD WHEN YOU WERE STILL IN NIGERIA WITH FEARS ABOUT WHAT CANADA MAY HOLD FOR US, ESPECIALLY THOSE YOU CAN BE CONSIDERED COMFORTABLE HERE. I GUESS AM IN THOSE SHOES YOU WERE IN THEN AND WILL VERY MUCH LIKE YOUR GUIDANCE FROM YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES SINCE I GUESS YOU'VE BEEN IN CANADA FOR A WHILE NOW. IS THE WHOLE IMMIGRATION THING WORTH IT?

THANKS, I AWAIT YOUR COMPREHENSIVE RESPONSE.

REGARDS

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
From a Landed Naija Senior

In case you are landing in Evanston Calgary NW and needs a short-stay accommodation for 2weeks or more, there is a fully Furnished One (1) Bedroom +Living Room Basement suite available from July. It comes with full utilities such as Heat, Water, electricity, Internet, Cable+TV but excluding Phone. You have a separate entrance with new carpeted stairs and landing space, 9 inches deep ceiling, full washroom and closet for cloths, regulate heat, smoke detector and fire alarm. The suite has a Fridge and Microwave, (No kitchen Please). This offer is open to Nigerians only for now in order to help them settle in quickly. There is a free airport pickup if you are landing on weekends or evening. No references nor Credit check for Nigerians. Security deposit are refunded once you are moving out and no damage to the apartment. For more information please send a mail to elle4space@gmail.com (Serious inquiries and only and only non-smokers are considered).
Thanks

mynalawal

May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2010
Hello Guys.

I am typing in a hurry so if there are any typo's, pls ignore.

This forum helped alot on my journey to Canada, so this is me giving back. I will try to break it down into different topics.

- HOUSING for those planning to buy here.
When you get here, look for an accommodation that you can pay for monthly or for 6 months at a max.
Instead of buying a car take out a loan on the car to build credit history.
do not ....... DO NOT resign from your job in Nigeria . I say this because if you have 20% down payment for your house, banks will accept out of the country income for your house purchase.
After the 6 months and you are ready to buy a house you already have a good relationship with the bank based on your car loan and they will most likely be willing to give you a mortgage.
I know we all like our privacy, but for your first home here look for one with a walk out basement. renting that portion out will give you between 75-80% if not more of your mortgage, that way you are not under so much pressure as there is some income coming in.

- DAYCARE for young kids.
here in Alberta, the government subsidizes day care as long s it is licensed. you are eligible for four months a year (batches of 2 months) if you are looking for a job.
This can help and give you and your spouse the time to enter road...... When you get a job (it can be low income or part time) the subsidy can be extended for up to a year. Note - your income is what guarantees your eligibility, so you will need to file your tax. panic not your income in your tax for the precious year can be 0 since you have not earned in Canada.

mynalawal

May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2010
- JOBS and the likes.
I am not an advocate for going back to school to do a progam as soon as you land. a certification maybe but not another degree programme.
be cautious cos depending on the type and length of the programme you will not be eligible for Govt sponsored placement programs.
Now the best advice I got was to get my resume professionally written, and i tell you that opened doors for me. Check kijiji you will find some cheap ones the guy that did mine charged me $30 for resume and cover letter. Once i started applying with those i got a number of interviews. there are Govt sponsored programs that help with interviews. Enrol in those to get you familiar with the process.
As advised look for an office based transition job, that way you are already networking with professionals. It could be to apply for a lower position in your field. this way you are already in the system and it will give you time to observe and see how thing flow here. because truly , our culture and work ethics are very different.
there are a number of placement programs for new immigrants were they place you in an entry level in your field of study. Explore this option, as it will give you a canadian reference and the infamous canadian working experience most employers are looking for.

RELIGION:
Seek out a Nigerian place of worship. That will be your main source of information and networking opportunities.

I think that is about it, Canada is truly a wonderful place to raise a family and live.......(don't worry with enough padding you will survive the cold). It may take a while for you to get established but persevere, be patient, see every opportunity as a lesson and in due time all will work out, but you need to plan and be prudent.

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
mynalawal said:
- JOBS and the likes.
I am not an advocate for going back to school to do a progam as soon as you land. a certification maybe but not another degree programme.
be cautious cos depending on the type and length of the programme you will not be eligible for Govt sponsored placement programs.
Now the best advice I got was to get my resume professionally written, and i tell you that opened doors for me. Check kijiji you will find some cheap ones the guy that did mine charged me $30 for resume and cover letter. Once i started applying with those i got a number of interviews. there are Govt sponsored programs that help with interviews. Enrol in those to get you familiar with the process.
As advised look for an office based transition job, that way you are already networking with professionals. It could be to apply for a lower position in your field. this way you are already in the system and it will give you time to observe and see how thing flow here. because truly , our culture and work ethics are very different.
there are a number of placement programs for new immigrants were they place you in an entry level in your field of study. Explore this option, as it will give you a canadian reference and the infamous canadian working experience most employers are looking for.

RELIGION:
Seek out a Nigerian place of worship. That will be your main source of information and networking opportunities.

I think that is about it, Canada is truly a wonderful place to raise a family and live.......(don't worry with enough padding you will survive the cold). It may take a while for you to get established but persevere, be patient, see every opportunity as a lesson and in due time all will work out, but you need to plan and be prudent.
Thanks for the valuable information. This is a very useful information.

mynalawal

May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2010
iamjasonjleblanchqforallmail@gmail.com
That is the email address for the professional resume writing.

Graced

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Passport Req..
23-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Hello mynalawal..... I sent you a pm.......awaiting your kind response, thank you!!

mynalawal said:
Hello Guys.

This forum helped alot on my journey to Canada, so this is me giving back. I will try to break it down into different topics.

When you get here, look for an accommodation that you can pay for monthly or for 6 months at a max.
do not ....... DO NOT resign from your job in Nigeria . I say this because if you have 20% down payment for your house, banks will accept out of the country income for your house purchase.
After the 6 months and you are ready to buy a house you already have a good relationship with the bank based on your car loan and they will most likely be willing to give you a mortgage.
I know we all like our privacy, but for your first home here look for one with a walk out basement. renting that portion out will give you between 75-80% if not more of your mortgage, that way you are not under so much pressure as there is some income coming in.

here in Alberta, the government subsidizes day care as long s it is licensed. you are eligible for four months a year (batches of 2 months) if you are looking for a job.
This can help and give you and your spouse the time to enter road...... When you get a job (it can be low income or part time) the subsidy can be extended for up to a year. Note - your income is what guarantees your eligibility, so you will need to file your tax. panic not your income in your tax for the precious year can be 0 since you have not earned in Canada.

TKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
mynalawal said:
Hello Guys.

Thanks, Man for this post

mynalawal

May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2010
jjl@jjlenterprisewritingcompany.com
the details for the guy that writes the resume and cover letter.
His name is Jason.

lizzypoko

Jul 17, 2014
Jibaba said:
My People of Life ....

How una dey ... We dey here dey wait una oh !! Just say make i hail una .

Cheers

Jibaba
Oga Jibaba.

We will get to c u soon as I will be landing in 3 weeks time to Calgary

Can u pm Mr ur fine number?

Thanks