Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
bensonams said:
I believe these are mobile phone networks?
Please does this mean I cant use my normal GSM phones in Alberta?

meemee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
22-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
Hi Jibaba,

I am still awaiting my MR from AVO but i hope to immigrate to Alberta once all paperwork is sorted.

I applied under NOC 0112 (HR manager) and really looking forward to HR opportunities in Alberta.

I have an MSc in HR from the UK and a professional certification in HR from America.

How do you view the job market in alberta? How does a foreigner break in? I have already started forming connections via LinkedIn with recruiters in Canada.

Please assist with pointers, advice, etc.

Jibaba said:
@ lilbro ...

why not , you can join the force and do well. there is always recruitment going on . Quote me " if everything is money ($$)in Canada , opportunity is the cheapest !"

@ Liss..
it is a pity , my co fellow niaja Landers here are not talking , i havent receive a pm on this matter, but am working on it individually and also helping others ..so am collecting lots of good and useful info ,

And for those coming in , please you can always note events as they happen , just the willingness and determination to help others will help you as you note things that could be helpful to others .

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
@op

Check if your professional certification is recognized by Canada and if your career choice is licensed.
To view the job market in Alberta no hard na! use google, send emails to people that you have contacted through Linkdin or check testimonials of students that graduated from university in Canada,look them up on any of the social media and reach out to them.....yes they include where they currently work in the reviews, or you may contact a recruiter or you pay me as an agent ;D ;D ;D and i most likely do all i have listed.

Good to know that you have started connecting with people on linkdin, its a good step in the right direction but most importantly, i dont know if you are a man of FAITH but PRAYERS WORKS.

All best.

Loolo

meemee said:
Hi Jibaba,

I am still awaiting my MR from AVO but i hope to immigrate to Alberta once all paperwork is sorted.

I applied under NOC 0112 (HR manager) and really looking forward to HR opportunities in Alberta.

I have an MSc in HR from the UK and a professional certification in HR from America.

How do you view the job market in alberta? How does a foreigner break in? I have already started forming connections via LinkedIn with recruiters in Canada.

Please assist with pointers, advice, etc.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Landed Naija, i can see that you guys are really busy in your land. Abeg, make una share some updates/experiences make we learn small. God bless you all.

bjenike

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
1-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
babakura said:
My advice is that we shouldn't be in a hurry to make money immmediately we get off the plane .

I tell people to suffer for a year (attend school or courses in your field that will make you fit into the system, it helps when you have foreign qualifications) and enjoy for ever OR the other way around (people get stuck in dead end jobs and cant get out of it due to bills and pressure to send money back home)..... If you have the required experience, qualifications and certifications you might not need to attend school or courses right away to find a job ...

Alot of nigerians complain they are struggling or working 18 hrs daily its because they have not taken time to study the system and likewise upgrade themselves hence the reason you are told to have unencumbered funds for your first 6 months to 12 months stay in canada incase you cant find a job.

An example ... Instead of becoming ICAN chartered accountant why not ACCA the UK counterpart which you can convert to CGA when you arrive in Canada no questions asked .. ICAN is worthless abroad...

Lastly, Improve on your computer skills (Word excel), improve on your driving, brush up your english before you arrive ... They will help you a great deal.

The Indians will say "You will come to know". Babakura,I absolutely agree with you.THis is what I know it's reasonable to do.I am already applying to schools. Just a thought.Can any landed senior talk about change of profession .What to expect and the likely challenges that may be encountered.Does any one have experience to share relating to this?

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bensonams said:
Landed Naija, i can see that you guys are really busy in your land. Abeg, make una share some updates/experiences make we learn small. God bless you all.
Honestly, I believe a lot of people want to share, including myself, however, as no 2 cases are similar and we all come from different backgrounds, experiences and opportunities, it is hard to give a one size fits all answer.

Some experiences are location specific, others are profession specific whilst some are general.

Peace!!!

Jibaba

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
30-3-2010
IELTS Request
05-05-2011 - Scored 8.0
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012
i guesss we need someone to sit down with these forum and the other naija forum and sift out lots of what people have shared, there are wealth of information here .. it just takes time to search through. you could use the search very well and you will need patience as well to sit down and digest them . after that it is easy to ask pointed question . it really helps to ask the right questions too. then PM works works a lot since situations are different. .

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Hello all my landed Naija brothers and sisters. Please I just wanted to find out if anyone has landed in manitoba, pls share ur experience with me cos that's my destination. I would like to know the cost of living, home expenses for family of 4 also rent cost per month, safe neighborhood to reside and raise kids also home internet broad band cost, land line telephone cost, above all what kind of job sells in their labor market. These and more I would like to know. Best regards as I wait in anticipation.

Boluwatife

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Med's Request
Eagerly waiting
Interview........
Not for me
Passport Req..
Soon and very soon
Omo Naija said:
Greetings Babakura and other landed & "unlanded" applicants...

With all sense of humility, i do not agree with some of babakura's comments below especially the part of "Suffering for a year" :eek:

I often tell Nigerians in the application process and those about to land to ensure they plan, plan and plan and you will not end up being among the grumbling few who land and expect a land flowing with Milk and honey.
There are so many things we can do from Nigeria while our applications are still in progress... research on relevant certifications and skill sets you can start and complete while still in Nigeria (cos education is reaaaaaally expensive in Canada). Please also consider learning some other skills like barbing, Hair dressing, Plumbing and Mechanics (especially how to change your car engine oil yourself) cos these skill sets can save your entire family lots of dollars.

If you aren't already on linkedin, please do so immediately and start by maintaining an active profile by connecting with Nigerians already in Canada (they will accept your invite request if you can take time to personalize it and tell them you are in the process of coming to Canada). Especially those in your expected line of work... chat with them and get them to share their stories with you... you will definitely learn a thing or two.
Also, Be sincere with yourself with your skills and strengths and check out Canadian job descriptions of jobs you intend to do in Canada and take special note of the skills and requirements desired in Canada to aid your preparations.

When you get the Visa, create a transition plan and don't be in a hurry to resign your current jobs with your spouse... I recommend the party with a higher income should consider coming back after landing (depending on your financial and family size situations).
Avoid landing and staying in "Gbo gbo ero" areas like Toronto (except you have close family there) cos you will see more envious Nigerians that will only drain your positive spirits.

Network, Network and Network....Ensure you visit the "Newcomers Centre" in your locality immediately you land as you will get lots of valuable information and free trainings with Job alerts.

Most importantly, run away from Negative people who ever they may be...as you might end up being like them and believing the system is working against you...

Finally, believe and talk to the unseen being that you know... Things will definitely work out...

For those coming to Saskatchewan region please PM me if you need more specific assistance (Calgarians if you haven't Buzzed "Jibaba" you are missing something !)

All the best guys.
Omo Naija, Thank you for lifting my Spirit. I sure will take your advice. God bless you and make your way more prosperous. Amen

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
dreamteam said:
i am in Bc,been to many employment resource centres,but i think ur manners,the way u approach these guys matter a lot,i find in them,nice warm people.for me canada is a welfarist state of our time,they care so much about you and of course almost every one i have met here have an immigration story,either they or generations b4 them,so its just going to be another generation starting by the time you come.all da best
Oga dreamteam, Good day to you, please see the stage i am meant to pass as highlighted below do you know how i can scale it?

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled working category.

I have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of 4(CAD$ 21,971) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:
The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer

Momobee

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Nomination.....
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
Oga Phorpry, hasn't this question been answered on the 2013 thread? Print out your current statement from ur savings account u say has the funds and send it
Chikena.

bjenike

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
1-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
bjenike said:
babakura said:
My advice is that we shouldn't be in a hurry to make money immmediately we get off the plane .

I tell people to suffer for a year (attend school or courses in your field that will make you fit into the system, it helps when you have foreign qualifications) and enjoy for ever OR the other way around (people get stuck in dead end jobs and cant get out of it due to bills and pressure to send money back home)..... If you have the required experience, qualifications and certifications you might not need to attend school or courses right away to find a job ...

Alot of nigerians complain they are struggling or working 18 hrs daily its because they have not taken time to study the system and likewise upgrade themselves hence the reason you are told to have unencumbered funds for your first 6 months to 12 months stay in canada incase you cant find a job.

An example ... Instead of becoming ICAN chartered accountant why not ACCA the UK counterpart which you can convert to CGA when you arrive in Canada no questions asked .. ICAN is worthless abroad...

Lastly, Improve on your computer skills (Word excel), improve on your driving, brush up your english before you arrive ... They will help you a great deal.

Babakura,I absolutely agree with you.THis is what I know it's reasonable to do.I am already applying to schools. Just a thought.Can any landed senior talk about change of profession .What to expect and the likely challenges that may be encountered.Does any one have experience to share relating to this? Can any landed senior answer this ?

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
lilbro said:
Hello all my landed Naija brothers and sisters. Please I just wanted to find out if anyone has landed in manitoba, pls share ur experience with me cos that's my destination. I would like to know the cost of living, home expenses for family of 4 also rent cost per month, safe neighborhood to reside and raise kids also home internet broad band cost, land line telephone cost, above all what kind of job sells in their labor market. These and more I would like to know. Best regards as I wait in anticipation.
Contact Gracetrust through PM. He just landed. Better still Babakura who is a veteran in Winterpeg, I mean Winnipeg.

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
jodav3 said:
Contact Gracetrust through PM. He just landed. Better still Babakura who is a veteran in Winterpeg, I mean Winnipeg.
Tanx I appreciate.

bjenike

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
1-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
Babakura,I absolutely agree with you.THis is what I know it's reasonable to do.I am already applying to schools. Just a thought.Can any landed senior talk about change of profession .What to expect and the likely challenges that may be encountered.Does any one have experience to share relating to this? Can any landed senior answer this ?