05-05-2011 - Scored 8.0
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012
@lilbro ...

why not , you can join the force and do well. there is always recruitment going on . Quote me " if everything is money ($$)in Canada , opportunity is the cheapest !"

@ Liss..
it is a pity , my co fellow niaja Landers here are not talking , i havent receive a pm on this matter, but am working on it individually and also helping others ..so am collecting lots of good and useful info ,

And for those coming in , please you can always note events as they happen , just the willingness and determination to help others will help you as you note things that could be helpful to others .

CanadianLov3

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
11-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with File/Application.
File Transfer...
SLU: 24-08-2015
Med's Request
InshAllah Soon
Interview........
InshAllah Waived
A very intriguing and informative thread

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Jibaba said:
@ lilbro ...

why not , you can join the force and do well. there is always recruitment going on . Quote me " if everything is money ($$)in Canada , opportunity is the cheapest !"

@ Liss..
it is a pity , my co fellow niaja Landers here are not talking , i havent receive a pm on this matter, but am working on it individually and also helping others ..so am collecting lots of good and useful info ,

And for those coming in , please you can always note events as they happen , just the willingness and determination to help others will help you as you note things that could be helpful to others .
Wow thanks Jibaba, Now I know my dreams are coming true! Stay blessed.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
My dear Landeds,

Can anyone please inform on the process and the time taken (weeks? months?) to convert Nigeria's Driver's license to Alberta's?

Also, please advise on the best mobile service provider to go for prompt landing. I mean best in terms of little or no charges for incoming calls, unlimited data with reasonable subscription fee and preferably with flexible prepaid sim that I can use with my phone right away.

Ur advice will be highly appreciated.

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
@ Jibaba,

please im stiling waiting for your response.

Cheers

teejeez

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPT 2011
AOR Received.
28 DEC 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
31st Jan 2014
Med's Done....
12 Feb 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
2nd SEPTEMBER 2014
VISA ISSUED...
6th OCTOBER 2014
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2014
hello house. you seniors are really doing a good job on the information you are giving. pls i am planning to land with my family in december and and i know winter is intense at this time. what advice does the house have for me as per what to bring along and the immediate things i need to do when i land.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
Anvaller said:
My dear Landeds,

Can anyone please inform on the process and the time taken (weeks? months?) to convert Nigeria's Driver's license to Alberta's?

Also, please advise on the best mobile service provider to go for prompt landing. I mean best in terms of little or no charges for incoming calls, unlimited data with reasonable subscription fee and preferably with flexible prepaid sim that I can use with my phone right away.

DL
You would sit for a class 7 computer based test. If you pass, you would be given a class 7, card usually comes in about 2-3 weeks.
If you have your naija license, You can submit that to the registry. They would send it to Alberta government to check for authenticity. if it passes, you would be eligible to go for an advanced road test as long as you have been driving for over 3 years. Once you pass the advanced road test, you would get your card in about 2-3 weeks.
The naija license needs to be Original, make sure you were captured at an FRSC processing centre. Anything else is a fake+ fine+possible extension on the GDL process. GDL process usually takes 3 years i.e Class 7 for 1 year (can't drive with this)
Class 5 basic for 2 years (restricted driving)
Then advance (unrestricted driving).

For the mobile network, the cheapest so far is wind network. If you are coming from the EU, your phone would most likely not work with Canadian network. They do not use GSM technology here.

Babakura and Omo naija are both correct. Different things works for different people. It actually depends on ones profession. If you are in a regulated profession e.g Nursing or medicine. There is no way you can ever get a job in your field straight away. Most of these regulated professon qualifying exams can also only be written in Canada.

So it's either you take some months off to write all your qualifying exams or go to college for a lower course of study in your line of profession. Some doctors from overseas work as medical lab assistant while writing their qualifying exams. You would meet registered nurse working as health care aid while they write their qualifying exams too. But again, MLA and health care aid requires going back to school to study for at least some months. This is what babakura was trying to pass across. Most foreign qualifications are heavily discounted in Canada. Canadians believe any qualifications from outside their country cannot be trusted. or in their own words, not as valuable as the paper it was written on. I have heard Canadians say this about foreign qualifications many times.

So it's either one works in transition jobs for a very long time, or in babakuras word, suffer for sometime by going to upgrade. ;D

If you are in a field that is not regulated e.g IT and some business profession, one could be lucky depending on how desperate the employer is. You would find settling in Canada a lot easier. You can even get a job off the plane when you have the expertise/certificates in an unregulated profession and are focused.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
teejeez said:
hello house. you seniors are really doing a good job on the information you are giving. pls i am planning to land with my family in december and and i know winter is intense at this time. what advice does the house have for me as per what to bring along and the immediate things i need to do when i land.
To be honest, i don't even know what to say,,,,as winter is very tough and brutal here. Maybe other landed guys can offer advice. I was lucky that when i landed, i had a family member driving us around to get our SIN, bank account, winter clothes and other stuffs. All i know is that the SIN and bank account are the most important though.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
omoba7 said:
DL
You would sit for a class 7 computer based test. If you pass, you would be given a class 7, card usually comes in about 2-3 weeks.
If you have your naija license, You can submit that to the registry. They would send it to Alberta government to check for authenticity. if it passes, you would be eligible to go for an advanced road test as long as you have been driving for over 3 years. Once you pass the advanced road test, you would get your card in about 2-3 weeks.
The naija license needs to be Original, make sure you were captured at an FRSC processing centre. Anything else is a fake+ fine+possible extension on the GDL process. GDL process usually takes 3 years i.e Class 7 for 1 year (can't drive with this)

For the mobile network, the cheapest so far is wind network. If you are coming from the EU, your phone would most likely not work with Canadian network. They do not use GSM technology here.

Babakura and Omo naija are both correct. Different things works for different people. It actually depends on ones profession. If you are in a regulated profession e.g Nursing or medicine. There is no way you can ever get a job in your field straight away. Most of these regulated professon qualifying exams can also only be written in Canada.

So it's either you take some months off to write all your qualifying exams or go to college for a lower course of study in your line of profession. Some doctors from overseas work as medical lab assistant while writing their qualifying exams. You would meet registered nurse working as health care aid while they write their qualifying exams too. But again, MLA and health care aid requires going back to school to study for at least some months. This is what babakura was trying to pass across. Most foreign qualifications are heavily discounted in Canada. Canadians believe any qualifications from outside their country cannot be trusted. or in their own words, not as valuable as the paper it was written on. I have heard Canadians say this about foreign qualifications many times.

So it's either one works in transition jobs for a very long time, or in babakuras word, suffer for sometime by going to upgrade. ;D

If you are in a field that is not regulated e.g IT and some business profession, one could be lucky depending on how desperate the employer is. You would find settling in Canada a lot easier. You can even get a job off the plane when you have the expertise/certificates in an unregulated profession and are focused.

Great!

wums

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Nomination.....
March 27 2014
AOR Received.
September 16 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 22 2015
Med's Done....
June 30 2015
Passport Req..
July 15 2015
omoba7 said:
DL

Very informative

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
omoba7 said:
DL

Thanks for the info

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Anvaller said:
My dear Landeds,

Hi!
I am not Najia but can help based on my experience try Kodoo is the best for the price is good and fido is super good.

Hope it helps.

Canadaforall.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
canadaforall said:
Hi!
I am not Najia but can help based on my experience try Kodoo is the best for the price is good and fido is super good.

Hope it helps.

Canadaforall.

I believe these are mobile phone networks?

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014