Med's Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Passport Req..
19-07-2014
LANDED..........
19 N0v 2014
landed forumites,pls do not be quiet cos we need yr guidance-madam Tinu,switchblade,Jodav,Akerekoro,Emperor,Gel003-too many names t remember
Kindly advice on the possibilities there for a nurse.I already kno a bit abt licensing but will like t hear on jobs I can quikly get into and if it will pay my bills wt out breaking my fragile back.I will like t kno viabl provinces,pls
many tnks

GisG

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Doc's Request.
15-07-2014
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014 3rd Line update..:14-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
(Fourth line) 05-10-2014
LANDED..........
14-01-2015
Dear preffered, check out the highlighted part of ur question and my suggestions in green. Pretty simple-complete and acceptable POF required and dont panic even if u believe u met the POF before.

Thank you.

Preferred said:

Dear house, please help a friend, he is not on the forum. He got MR yesterday plus d mail below. He currently has over half of the POF in his account

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled working category.

I have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of 4 (CAD$$21,971) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:

(Based on highlighted statements, your friend did not meet the present POF requirement for his family size. This may be due to exchange rate, recent POF increment or using property valuation etc)

The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Tell your friend to get a complete POF using very generous exchange rate or preferably extra funds over his family size requirement within the given 30 days. This is the additional information or document required in addition to Medicals/RPRF. Note that he can not use things like poperty evaluation certificate or any other form of unacceptable POF.

Thank you

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hello everyone... please let us try to keep this page alive so that others can benefit from it.

Landed seniors, thanks for your contributions. Please continue to chip in some facts of "life in Canada" once in a while

This is my contribution to assuring that this page doesn't go into permanent hiding.

ciao

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
GisG said:
Dear preffered, check out the highlighted part of ur question and my suggestions in green. Pretty simple-complete and acceptable POF required and dont panic even if u believe u met the POF before.

Thank you.

Tell your friend to get a complete POF using very generous exchange rate or preferably extra funds over his family size requirement within the given 30 days. This is the additional information or document required in addition to Medicals/RPRF. Note that he can not use things like poperty evaluation certificate or any other form of unacceptable POF.

Thank you

Once again, thank you

joolagabriel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
13-10-2015
Glad to find this thread filled with inspiring posts from our landed seniors. Good job madam Tinu & Ors.

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
9ja4dLord said:
Hello everyone... please let us try to keep this page alive so that others can benefit from it.

Landed seniors, thanks for your contributions. Please continue to chip in some facts of "life in Canada" once in a while

This is my contribution to assuring that this page doesn't go into permanent hiding.

ciao
I hope more landed seniors can share and give us recent updates.

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
My advice is that we shouldn't be in a hurry to make money immmediately we get off the plane .

I tell people to suffer for a year (attend school or courses in your field that will make you fit into the system, it helps when you have foreign qualifications) and enjoy for ever OR the other way around (people get stuck in dead end jobs and cant get out of it due to bills and pressure to send money back home)..... If you have the required experience, qualifications and certifications you might not need to attend school or courses right away to find a job ...

Alot of nigerians complain they are struggling or working 18 hrs daily its because they have not taken time to study the system and likewise upgrade themselves hence the reason you are told to have unencumbered funds for your first 6 months to 12 months stay in canada incase you cant find a job.

An example ... Instead of becoming ICAN chartered accountant why not ACCA the UK counterpart which you can convert to CGA when you arrive in Canada no questions asked .. ICAN is worthless abroad...

Lastly, Improve on your computer skills (Word excel), improve on your driving, brush up your english before you arrive ... They will help you a great deal.

The Indians will say "You will come to know".

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Greetings Babakura and other landed & "unlanded" applicants...

With all sense of humility, i do not agree with some of babakura's comments below especially the part of "Suffering for a year" :eek:

I often tell Nigerians in the application process and those about to land to ensure they plan, plan and plan and you will not end up being among the grumbling few who land and expect a land flowing with Milk and honey.
There are so many things we can do from Nigeria while our applications are still in progress... research on relevant certifications and skill sets you can start and complete while still in Nigeria (cos education is reaaaaaally expensive in Canada). Please also consider learning some other skills like barbing, Hair dressing, Plumbing and Mechanics (especially how to change your car engine oil yourself) cos these skill sets can save your entire family lots of dollars.

If you aren't already on linkedin, please do so immediately and start by maintaining an active profile by connecting with Nigerians already in Canada (they will accept your invite request if you can take time to personalize it and tell them you are in the process of coming to Canada). Especially those in your expected line of work... chat with them and get them to share their stories with you... you will definitely learn a thing or two.
Also, Be sincere with yourself with your skills and strengths and check out Canadian job descriptions of jobs you intend to do in Canada and take special note of the skills and requirements desired in Canada to aid your preparations.

When you get the Visa, create a transition plan and don't be in a hurry to resign your current jobs with your spouse... I recommend the party with a higher income should consider coming back after landing (depending on your financial and family size situations).
Avoid landing and staying in "Gbo gbo ero" areas like Toronto (except you have close family there) cos you will see more envious Nigerians that will only drain your positive spirits.

Network, Network and Network....Ensure you visit the "Newcomers Centre" in your locality immediately you land as you will get lots of valuable information and free trainings with Job alerts.

Most importantly, run away from Negative people who ever they may be...as you might end up being like them and believing the system is working against you...

Finally, believe and talk to the unseen being that you know... Things will definitely work out...

For those coming to Saskatchewan region please PM me if you need more specific assistance (Calgarians if you haven't Buzzed "Jibaba" you are missing something !)

All the best guys.

babakura said:
My advice is that we shouldn't be in a hurry to make money immmediately we get off the plane .

I tell people to suffer for a year (attend school or courses in your field that will make you fit into the system, it helps when you have foreign qualifications) and enjoy for ever OR the other way around (people get stuck in dead end jobs and cant get out of it due to bills and pressure to send money back home)..... If you have the required experience, qualifications and certifications you might not need to attend school or courses right away to find a job ...

Alot of nigerians complain they are struggling or working 18 hrs daily its because they have not taken time to study the system and likewise upgrade themselves hence the reason you are told to have unencumbered funds for your first 6 months to 12 months stay in canada incase you cant find a job.

An example ... Instead of becoming ICAN chartered accountant why not ACCA the UK counterpart which you can convert to CGA when you arrive in Canada no questions asked .. ICAN is worthless abroad...

Lastly, Improve on your computer skills (Word excel), improve on your driving, brush up your english before you arrive ... They will help you a great deal.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Omo Naija said:

With all sense of humility, i do not agree with some of babakura's comments below especially the part of "Suffering for a year" :eek:

I often tell Nigerians in the application process and those about to land to ensure they plan, plan and plan and you will not end up being among the grumbling few who land and expect a land flowing with Milk and honey.
There are so many things we can do from Nigeria while our applications are still in progress... research on relevant certifications and skill sets you can start and complete while still in Nigeria (cos education is reaaaaaally expensive in Canada). Please also consider learning some other skills like barbing, Hair dressing, Plumbing and Mechanics (especially how to change your car engine oil yourself) cos these skill sets can save your entire family lots of dollars.

If you aren't already on linkedin, please do so immediately and start by maintaining an active profile by connecting with Nigerians already in Canada (they will accept your invite request if you can take time to personalize it and tell them you are in the process of coming to Canada). Especially those in your expected line of work... chat with them and get them to share their stories with you... you will definitely learn a thing or two.
Also, Be sincere with yourself with your skills and strengths and check out Canadian job descriptions of jobs you intend to do in Canada and take special note of the skills and requirements desired in Canada to aid your preparations.

When you get the Visa, create a transition plan and don't be in a hurry to resign your current jobs with your spouse... I recommend the party with a higher income should consider coming back after landing (depending on your financial and family size situations).
Avoid landing and staying in "Gbo gbo ero" areas like Toronto (except you have close family there) cos you will see more envious Nigerians that will only drain your positive spirits.

Network, Network and Network....Ensure you visit the "Newcomers Centre" in your locality immediately you land as you will get lots of valuable information and free trainings with Job alerts.

Most importantly, run away from Negative people who ever they may be...as you might end up being like them and believing the system is working against you...

Finally, believe and talk to the unseen being that you know... Things will definitely work out...

For those coming to Saskatchewan region please PM me if you need more specific assistance (Calgarians if you haven't Buzzed "Jibaba" you are missing something !)

All the best guys.
Great!

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Lest i forget, Please ensure you have a picture on your linkedin profile cos most people don't accept invites from people without a picture (including me).

cheers !

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
babakura said:

God bless you bro! your word came at the nick of time... :)

irele

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th May, 2014
Omo Naija said:

Network, Network and Network....Ensure you visit the "Newcomers Centre" in your locality immediately you

fantastic piece

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
Omo Naija said:

All the best guys.
Thank you omo naija for this piece. We would adhere to them, any other landed naija should also share to help and encourage someone. Also to make sure this thread doesn't die

Regards

yomifowe

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Omo Naija said:

All the best guys.
Thank you baba. very well delivered. Ill do as you have said.