+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

Aikoliko

Apr 7, 2014
switchlanes said:
sure , am also flying with lufthansa...... safe landing
Again before I forget, pls tell others to be very careful at MMA, Lagos while leaving Naija, they wanted to hide my last daughter`s Int`l passport (bcos of the Canadian visa in it). The latest now is that the Immigration people and other officials at the airport are stealing people`s passport. When they collect from you for a check, stay there and ensure that you collect it immediately and open it to confirm that it`s yours they give to you. They might give you a virgin passport belonging to someone . Don`t be in hurry.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi all, this is a fantastic thread. I had to dig 6 pages deep before I found it! All this horoscope and Indian voodoo threads have pushed a lot of helpful threads of the first page. Good luck to those who have landed and the hopeful applicants, God bless :)

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Aikoliko said:
@ Tinu. Greetings. Pls advice me on IMM5444 and its Supplementary form IMM5455 . Shld I fill both?.
Also,they ask of history of where one have lived/worked. Are they referring to already PR holders who lost/stolen PRC applicants?. Or shld I fill my Nigerian addresses there. I am a new PRC applicant. You know that same form is for Lost, Stolen and New PRC applicants.
Hi Aikoliko,
I believe that form is referring to those who had landed and have reason to apply for PR Card. If you are a new applicant awaiting decision on your application, all you need to land is your CORP papers.
I hope your question is answered...

I greet all in the house o o o oo o o ooo

It is well...

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
HNM Peeps ;D

Loolo

imani007

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
01-02-2016
Ofis said:
Hello everyone,

It's with great joy, humility and admiration that I announce my entrance to this thread. I got to know about the thread accidentally 2 weeks ago and I've taken time to religiously read through every page, word by word. There is no way to describe the wealth of knowledge and information contained on this thread. Thanks to the landed seniors for sharing your experiences as well as those who are yet to land; one is more informed than ever before.

A little background: I applied to Manitoba PNP in April 2013, LOA October 2013 (revised to March 2014) and I'm currently putting together documents for CIO.

Cheers,

Ofis

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
Hello pple,

I'm glad i found this page.

cheers

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
HI, GUY SPEAK UP SO THAT THIS THREAD WILL NOT DISAPPEAR.

OK.

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Peter you don jump to Landed forum well is good to research and you wont believe what you learn from here wish you all the best.

Gracetrust

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Good to know this trend.

I am landing in September with my family. But I want to return back to Nigeria while my family remain in canada. We are family of 5, can my foamy also benefit from iom, because the arrangement will be 4 one way ticket and one return ticket.

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Wow! God bless u all. so happy to find this topic. I greet all my Naija bros and sists in the house.

masterpiece

Jun 17, 2014
Aikoliko said:
Gina.
My airline is Lufthansa wit Air canada to take over at Frankfutt.
See. IOM issue only one-way ticket and you MUST be a holder of either US,Australian or Canadian Perm.Res.Visa. That is why it is cheap. Going sttaigjt to airline operators will be higher even if you ask for one way. IOM is used by UN to migrate victims of war-torn,economic melt-down,crisis and families elocating to somewhere permanently.
Good day Aikoliko. Please can you advice people like us how to go about booking with IOM in Lagos? Their contact or office address. Are they in Ikoyi or VI also? Thanks in advance.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
masterpiece said:
Good day Aikoliko. Please can you advice people like us how to go about booking with IOM in Lagos? Their contact or office address. Are they in Ikoyi or VI also? Thanks in advance.
Check here, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-naija-applicant-please-share-your-experince-t56065.0.html;msg2756980#msg2756980

masterpiece

Jun 17, 2014
Pipis Husband said:
Check here, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-naija-applicant-please-share-your-experince-t56065.0.html;msg2756980#msg2756980
Thanks Pipis Husband. I will follow up and revert.

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Wow.... one hundred and twelve pages. I saw this thread and it aligns closely with my philosophy of getting prepared before making the move. Although I have my hands filled with my 9 -5 job, I believe I still have enough time since I'm still expecting MR (FSW 2013) so I decided to read a couple of pages each day or as often as I have the time. It took me almost a month but I'm glad I read every page. Madam Tinuade, thanks for starting this thread.... I love your spirit and doggedness. I also thank all the contributors - you guys are fantabulous (fanta wetin?).

To my landed seniors daalu, imela, e seun pupo, san san, nagode

To my mates and juniors (if I hear say I no get juniors) - hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

To everyone- Please this thread must not die.Write or say something at least once in a week lest this thread continues to drown in the sea of threads on the forum.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013

Dear house, please help a friend, he is not on the forum. He got MR yesterday plus d mail below. He currently has over half of the POF in his account

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled working category.

I have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of 4 (CAD$$21,971) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:

The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.