26-11-2013(M Received on 9-12-2013)
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
omoba7 said:
B-jay. Nice to know we have engineers in the house. i intend to take an ndt program in sait or nait. I have considered power engineering too considering that their wage is very lucrative but i am not sure it's a job i would enjoy. I am still in researching all available option though.

Yea fellow Engr.to start with it all depends on your inclination and drives. The Future is Energy.However I bet u gonna enjoy it with the FAT pay and job enrichment unlike here that we hardly put to use all the Maths and complex applications in Class from COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING,MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS,METHEMATICAL METHOD AND COMPLEX ANALYSIS TO LAPLACE, You name it.
Also you could chose to go Northern Alberta i.e Edmonton where NAIT is situated and SAIT in the Southern part of Alberta i.e Calgary. Job opportunities are great in both Cities as touching POWER ENGINEERING. Edmonton is a little colder and living expenses appear lesser too.

In my Opinion, CCIS is better for a start for a number of counts:
1. Is the only FAST TRACK engineering up-gradation in Alberta if not in Canada at large.
2. collaborative networking. They link you up with industries directly.
3. Successful Graduates have ample opportunities of having more than a job to chose from. Giant companies like HUSKY Energy, ConocoPhillips, Esso, Pure Energy, Halliburton, Suncor Energy,Baker Hughes etc do hire the graduates. so no long internship like a traditional College program. that is one of the reasons is called a FAST TRACK I suppose.
4. They are in Collabo with SAIT and ENFORM.
5. The program gets you ABSA CERFICATION Straight away.

I hv pm you.

B-Jay

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
at B-jay. i haven't seen the pm ooo. If not for the very expensive rent in fort mc. i would have moved up there. lol.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
at B-jay. i haven't seen the pm ooo. If not for the very expensive rent in fort mc. i would have moved up there. lol.

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
PER: 02-03-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
omoba7 said:
pm have been re-sent,

Bros na so you like cold. that end is Icy and Freezingly cold with heavy snow almost all year round. like you rightly said, rent is just on the high side but then lot of jobs and enviably heavy pays.

well, you may chose to work there and live in Edmonton while commuting. I believe traffic will be better since is a saner and more organized world.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
omoba7 said:
Omoba7, Sorry for the interruption but I think u do not necessarily need to move up to fort mc. U can hunt for jobs that may take u to fort mc especially in Red Deer and a little bit of Calgary and Edmonton. Most Companies in Fort Mc do their hiring also out of Fort Mc. All u need to show is readiness to move wherever ASAP. I think it is only important for engineers to be ABSA certified otherwise, u might wanna just look for jobs outside engineering but still related to Engineering for the main time till u are certified.

All I know is there is always a way, way up north of Alberta.

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
PER: 02-03-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
Anvaller said:
Omoba7, Sorry for the interruption but I think u do not necessarily need to move up to fort mc. U can hunt for jobs that may take u to fort mc especially in Red Deer and a little bit of Calgary and Edmonton. Most Companies in Fort Mc do their hiring also out of Fort Mc. All u need to show is readiness to move wherever ASAP. I think it is only important for engineers to be ABSA certified otherwise, u might wanna just look for jobs outside engineering but still related to Engineering for the main time till u are certified.

You are right. +1 there.

Thanks for the input.

B-Jay

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
Anvaller said:

hmmmm.red deer is actually my 2nd choice city after calgary. Thanks for the insight.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
tinuadeadebola said:
Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha envy ke!!! When you would soon be preparing too!!! Amen to the prayers and God's favour and speed on your application
Madam Tinu, I just remember what you said about a year ago.
I can see it happening.
We give thanks to God Almighty.
Special regards to all landed Seniors.

Amir_Ali

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Asia
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Doc's Request.
NA
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
for sure
LANDED..........
sooonnnnnnnnnnn
Niaja Nija hello Naija :mad:

Amir

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Akerekoro said:
Madam Tinu, I just remember what you said about a year ago.
I can see it happening.
We give thanks to God Almighty.
Special regards to all landed Seniors.
Yes ooooo my brother how time flies!!!!!!!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Bukonla80 said:
Hello House,

I need your advice on a particular topic. Please kindly advice on the implication of defaulting on the residency obligation for the MPNP. If I get a job outside Manitoba, say Calgary and I decide to relocate immediately I land; do you think that will affect my PR Status?

Secondly, what if I get a rotation job in Alberta. In this case, I can work in Alberta and live in Manitoba. Will I still fulfill both residential and employment goals.

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Regards

Not very sure of how this works but I wil advise you send pm to landed seniors in Manitoba to hear their opinion, but what I hear most people say is that you have to complete at least 3years before they leave Manitoba.
Cheers

Jibaba

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
30-3-2010
IELTS Request
05-05-2011 - Scored 8.0
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012
Hello Pipos

...it has been a long while. How una dey ... I was just mulling over an idea and i really need help, partners and encouragement

i have been here in Canada for almost a year and despite all the advices , reading over 1000 pages of the naija lets network forum and several interactions with landed seniors, juniors ,"where to starter" a.k.a learner , clueless, cluefull...old and young .. i still dont think i have enough clue as to a lot of things. i see people making mistakes, i hear inspirational stories, people making good strides,.. i see people at the point of despair , frustration .....but i really see opportunities , freedom to be who you want to be ....love , sharing.... i see both sides and i start to wonder ... can we get some kind of best practices together here ....I then notice we may have a common goal of making it in Canada , but our context are always different. e.g where we were coming from , our belief system , things we have learned over the years that we may have to unlearn .

So i am thinking of collecting
very good stories,
ideas ,
success stories,
goof stories
homilies, advices - good or bad,
one liners ( like my little son calling Canada a sleepcountry ..where things moves serenrenwerenren ...that is everything is in order and according to plan) ...,
one pagers,
80- pages ...bring it on ! .

The subject can range from
entering Canada to packing your load and leaving,
workplace experience , to settling kids in school,
churching or mosqueing with nigerians,
buying houses or cars , doing business or dealing with the RCMP ......
living through Winter to going to school .....managing 2 homes - nigeria and canada or long distance familying
and dealing with people back home.
Dont be shy from giving advise on marriage , divorce , raising family and maximizing potential benefits for immigrants - government grants etc.
and finally beating the system ..legally or ....somehow :p ...e.g paying lower rent , Cable subscription , vehicle insurances etc ... i think we all have stories

I will prefer you dont brag , i will prefer you write as much as you can write , i will prefer you dont worry about the grammar , i will prefer yuo can quote from your personal diary . i promise you to anonymize the stories and .. .
please you can also point me to website or url within this forum i can get the info.

why collection : i will like to get all these together , summarize where needed , do some analysis and come up with a read that is targeted for Nigerians.. on how to make the best of Canada ...
i realize cultures differs from Toronto to Vancouver via Cowtown and up north and round about .....i will take that into consideration

if you are interested , PM and tell me what you plan to do and i will follow up with you individually , electronically over the next few months.

Since this is a sleepCOuntry ..this will take a year to finish up and i will have the next 4 months collecting your input ...
feel free to forward this to your friends who arent member of this forum.

Common ..lets do it !

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Wow.... I can't wait to see the words of wisdom that will come out from this..... especially from a Nigerian perspective...

Besides, Jibaba...You really have a large heart... thanks for the help that you''ve rendered to me so far.

Let's keep it coming.

Jibaba said:
Hello Pipos

...it has been a long while. How una dey ... I was just mulling over an idea and i really need help, partners and encouragement

i have been here in Canada for almost a year and despite all the advices , reading over 1000 pages of the naija lets network forum and several interactions with landed seniors, juniors ,"where to starter" a.k.a learner , clueless, cluefull...old and young .. i still dont think i have enough clue as to a lot of things. i see people making mistakes, i hear inspirational stories, people making good strides,.. i see people at the point of despair , frustration .....but i really see opportunities , freedom to be who you want to be ....love , sharing.... i see both sides and i start to wonder ... can we get some kind of best practices together here ....I then notice we may have a common goal of making it in Canada , but our context are always different. e.g where we were coming from , our belief system , things we have learned over the years that we may have to unlearn .

So i am thinking of collecting
very good stories,
ideas ,
success stories,
goof stories
homilies, advices - good or bad,
one liners ( like my little son calling Canada a sleepcountry ..where things moves serenrenwerenren ...that is everything is in order and according to plan) ...,
one pagers,
80- pages ...bring it on ! .

The subject can range from
entering Canada to packing your load and leaving,
workplace experience , to settling kids in school,
churching or mosqueing with nigerians,
buying houses or cars , doing business or dealing with the RCMP ......
living through Winter to going to school .....managing 2 homes - nigeria and canada or long distance familying
and dealing with people back home.
Dont be shy from giving advise on marriage , divorce , raising family and maximizing potential benefits for immigrants - government grants etc.
and finally beating the system ..legally or ....somehow :p ...e.g paying lower rent , Cable subscription , vehicle insurances etc ... i think we all have stories

I will prefer you dont brag , i will prefer you write as much as you can write , i will prefer you dont worry about the grammar , i will prefer yuo can quote from your personal diary . i promise you to anonymize the stories and .. .
please you can also point me to website or url within this forum i can get the info.

why collection : i will like to get all these together , summarize where needed , do some analysis and come up with a read that is targeted for Nigerians.. on how to make the best of Canada ...
i realize cultures differs from Toronto to Vancouver via Cowtown and up north and round about .....i will take that into consideration

if you are interested , PM and tell me what you plan to do and i will follow up with you individually , electronically over the next few months.

Since this is a sleepCOuntry ..this will take a year to finish up and i will have the next 4 months collecting your input ...
feel free to forward this to your friends who arent member of this forum.

Common ..lets do it !

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
@Jibaba this is a great initiative.

@all let's see how we can all contribute to make it a success

Ican!

Nov 17, 2013
Good day everyone! It's such a pleasure to be here. I cam across the 'Nigerian Applicants let us network' forum while searching the internet for some help. Since then I have been reading that thread voraciously and digesting all the information put out there. Simply put that forum is wonderful and full of a new breed of Nigerians. I haven't finished reading all the posts but I have already seen that people there and here are a different breed of Nigerians with a new mindset and care for one another. All I can say is God bless all of you and for whoever started it all, you will never run out of ideas in life. I wish I had seen this forum while processing our immigration file.
I would be needing some help from here. I landed in Canada in April this year with my family and then returned to Nigeria. We are looking for accommodation in Hamilton or Mississuaga Ontario close to any good rated elementary school for the sake of our kids. Our budget is $1200 for a 3 bedroom apartment (inclusive of utilities). Please if any landed senior can help, I would love to establish contact with the person.

Feels so good to be in the midst of lovely people like this. I posted this request in the other forum and was directed to this forum as a better front to seek for help. Please do oblige me if you are in any way able to help.

Thank you all.