Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Happy thanksgiving to us all. Faithful is he who have promised, we give him thanks for life, for safe landing and also thank him in advance for the glorious future ahead of us all in Canada.we shall not beg in this land and Canada will favour us all In Jesus name amen.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
tinuadeadebola said:
Happy thanksgiving to us all. Faithful is he who have promised, we give him thanks for life, for safe landing and also thank him in advance for the glorious future ahead of us all in Canada.we shall not beg in this land and Canada will favour us all In Jesus name amen.
Happy thanksgiving to you all and may the beauty of Canada never fade away from your sight. We are rejoicing with you.

Ikemba

edos4all

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Please can some one Guild me on what need be to submitted to the Immigration at port of Entry in Winnipeg, MB and as a principal applicant what will be proof of fund? The Custom Form where will i get it and also do you fill all the garri, vegetable etc in the sult cases? Please i need response Bros and madams

nolzi

Jul 21, 2012
Hello tinu and fellow Nigerians on this thread, I greet you all. I first want to thank tinu for this thread. Knowledge is power and the other thread was immensely useful while i was planning my immigration.
First I am a Pharmacist, so I can only speak with respect to pharmacy and probably give a few insight for doctors as well. Secondly, I am in Ontario and I can only speak about Ontario for now.

INITIAL EXPERIENCE
I landed in Canada in sept 2012 with my family and all i can say is 'thank you' to my Lord and savior who has sustained us and made this journey a pleasurable one for us.
I learnt a lot from the different threads and I would encourage anyone planning to immigrate to read through the different threads on the forum, not just the naija forum alone. there is a world of information out there that can make your integration and settlement a lot easier. For instance
I learnt about the difficulties of settling down from the forums and before leaving naija, my spouse and I agreed that he would keep his job in Nigeria. we reckoned that we would need the income to fund our resettlement and i can say that is one of the best decisions we have ever made. The POF we came with for a family of 5 ($29,000) finished within a 2 months. Canada is expensive i tell u. its been difficult living apart but it might have been even more difficult with little money and the kids being already used to a certain lifestyle. even then, the kids have had to make their own adjustments too. I have also heard of a family that saved enough to live comfortable for 1 year in canada and focused on their certification during that time. it all depends on your individual circumstance and what you wish to do

I would advice that you come with your Nigerian clothes. In our case we made the mistake of giving out all our clothing before coming (even new ones) and I had to go shopping for clothing for my kids here. That was an expensive venture. The clothes you wear in summer is same as what you wear in naija, no difference. the only clothes that are different are winter clothes. So pls keep your clothes. it would save you a lot of money. I would also advice bringing your pots from naija. I wish I had. I had to buy 1 pot here for $60 and tower is better (if you know what i mean, and it was even on sale :eek:). the pots are not designed for our naija type of cooking ;D
When you 1st land, be friends with dollarama ;D, for petty things. I learnt this too late after wasting a lot of money at walmart. little drops of water make an ocean.

SETTLING DOWN
You must have a plan. in our case, I took a good look at the process of becoming a pharmacist in canada and the job prospects, the cost and work involved and decided that this is the path to follow. We decided that i would not work but would focus on passing the exams. that was another good decision. I was able to clear all the exams at the first sitting within 8 months of landing canada (it was HARD WORK). the pass rate for international pharmacists for these exams is 35%. I have now started my internships and I can clearly see why its difficult to pass the exams. you really work here, no monkeying around and when you finish an 8 hour shift in a pharmacy, you are completely fagged out, studying is the last thing on your mind. If your spouse earns enough to support you, i would highly recommend this route.

I have met and spoken with all manner and kinds of people from all races since landing in canada. From my experience I can tell you that there is a lot of thrash out there that people peddle as the truth. People tell you their experiences as the truth , and they try to convince you that yours has to be that way. this is a big lie but unfortunately many are falling for the lie and stunting their own progress here. What I would say is choose your friends in canada very wisely. Sift what you hear. Throw away every negative thrash you hear and focus on the good. Believe in yourself and in the goodness of the system and take time to read. Do your own research, Information is out there. If you cannot find it, call the agency involved and ask them directly. It would save you a ton of heartache and stress. In my own case, I was blessed to be surrounded by some good people who encouraged and gave their time for my sake. I am eternally grateful to them. I chose to associate with those who are standing and kept well away from those who have made it their duty to feed off the system. such mentality only keeps u at the bottom. The hand of the giver is always on top.
The govt of canada has also provided a lot of immigrant resources for free to help immigrants settle down faster. they are located in every locale. find one and use those resources as a spring board.

As per children (if you have) all canadian schools are good (canada's educational system is among top rated top in the world) but I have also come to learn here that some schools are more equal than others. Generally schools in more affluent neighborhoods are better equipped, with the support of the school council and I am seeing it play out with my kids. after their first school session and with better understanding of the school rating system, we moved to a more affluent neighborhood where the school with one of the highest rating is located. Comparing the schools, I see a lot of difference in the schools and in my kids. the new school has more equipments, IT facilities and the teaching style is more modern and IT based (futuristic). of course we also pay more (school council levies etc) but we console ourselves that this is the reason we came to canada. It all depends on what you want. Like I said at the begining, this is my experience.

From my doctor friends what i have learnt is that its difficult settling in ontario so most of them move to other provinces like saskachawan where its easier for them. i don't really understand these differences and a doctor may better shed light on this.

I hope this helps someone out there
I wish you all the best

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
nolzi said:
Hello tinu and fellow Nigerians on this thread, I greet you all. I first want to thank tinu for this thread. Knowledge is power and the other thread was immensely useful while i was planning my immigration.
First I am a Pharmacist, so I can only speak with respect to pharmacy and probably give a few insight for doctors as well. Secondly, I am in Ontario and I can only speak about Ontario for now.

INITIAL EXPERIENCE
I landed in Canada in sept 2012 with my family and all i can say is 'thank you' to my Lord and savior who has sustained us and made this journey a pleasurable one for us.
I learnt a lot from the different threads and I would encourage anyone planning to immigrate to read through the different threads on the forum, not just the naija forum alone. there is a world of information out there that can make your integration and settlement a lot easier. For instance
I learnt about the difficulties of settling down from the forums and before leaving naija, my spouse and I agreed that he would keep his job in Nigeria. we reckoned that we would need the income to fund our resettlement and i can say that is one of the best decisions we have ever made. The POF we came with for a family of 5 ($29,000) finished within a 2 months. Canada is expensive i tell u. its been difficult living apart but it might have been even more difficult with little money and the kids being already used to a certain lifestyle. even then, the kids have had to make their own adjustments too. I have also heard of a family that saved enough to live comfortable for 1 year in canada and focused on their certification during that time. it all depends on your individual circumstance and what you wish to do

I would advice that you come with your Nigerian clothes. In our case we made the mistake of giving out all our clothing before coming (even new ones) and I had to go shopping for clothing for my kids here. That was an expensive venture. The clothes you wear in summer is same as what you wear in naija, no difference. the only clothes that are different are winter clothes. So pls keep your clothes. it would save you a lot of money. I would also advice bringing your pots from naija. I wish I had. I had to buy 1 pot here for $60 and tower is better (if you know what i mean, and it was even on sale :eek:). the pots are not designed for our naija type of cooking ;D
When you 1st land, be friends with dollarama ;D, for petty things. I learnt this too late after wasting a lot of money at walmart. little drops of water make an ocean.

SETTLING DOWN
You must have a plan. in our case, I took a good look at the process of becoming a pharmacist in canada and the job prospects, the cost and work involved and decided that this is the path to follow. We decided that i would not work but would focus on passing the exams. that was another good decision. I was able to clear all the exams at the first sitting within 8 months of landing canada (it was HARD WORK). the pass rate for international pharmacists for these exams is 35%. I have now started my internships and I can clearly see why its difficult to pass the exams. you really work here, no monkeying around and when you finish an 8 hour shift in a pharmacy, you are completely fagged out, studying is the last thing on your mind. If your spouse earns enough to support you, i would highly recommend this route.

I have met and spoken with all manner and kinds of people from all races since landing in canada. From my experience I can tell you that there is a lot of thrash out there that people peddle as the truth. People tell you their experiences as the truth , and they try to convince you that yours has to be that way. this is a big lie but unfortunately many are falling for the lie and stunting their own progress here. What I would say is choose your friends in canada very wisely. Sift what you hear. Throw away every negative thrash you hear and focus on the good. Believe in yourself and in the goodness of the system and take time to read. Do your own research, Information is out there. If you cannot find it, call the agency involved and ask them directly. It would save you a ton of heartache and stress. In my own case, I was blessed to be surrounded by some good people who encouraged and gave their time for my sake. I am eternally grateful to them. I chose to associate with those who are standing and kept well away from those who have made it their duty to feed off the system. such mentality only keeps u at the bottom. The hand of the giver is always on top.
The govt of canada has also provided a lot of immigrant resources for free to help immigrants settle down faster. they are located in every locale. find one and use those resources as a spring board.

As per children (if you have) all canadian schools are good (canada's educational system is among top rated top in the world) but I have also come to learn here that some schools are more equal than others. Generally schools in more affluent neighborhoods are better equipped, with the support of the school council and I am seeing it play out with my kids. after their first school session and with better understanding of the school rating system, we moved to a more affluent neighborhood where the school with one of the highest rating is located. Comparing the schools, I see a lot of difference in the schools and in my kids. the new school has more equipments, IT facilities and the teaching style is more modern and IT based (futuristic). of course we also pay more (school council levies etc) but we console ourselves that this is the reason we came to canada. It all depends on what you want. Like I said at the begining, this is my experience.

From my doctor friends what i have learnt is that its difficult settling in ontario so most of them move to other provinces like saskachawan where its easier for them. i don't really understand these differences and a doctor may better shed light on this.

I wish you all the best
Hi Nolzi, Thanks a million for this piece. The tips will be kept in the proverbial left hand, so I do not forget ;). God bless you and your household

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
nolzi said:

INITIAL EXPERIENCE

SETTLING DOWN

I wish you all the best
nolzi, + 1 for you and thanks for this wonderful information, it really helps. May canada favour you in Jesus name. Amen

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Nolzi, I just gave you your first +1 now. I perceived the spirit has moved you to write this although you kept it simple.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day respected person,

Sure you are having it nice there in Canada?I have a friend who recently got his PR.He chose Ontario initially but now wants to land directly in Alberta.Is this achievable?

Regards

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Yes it is.... except the person got his PR as a provincial Nominee of Ontario

GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day respected person,

Sure you are having it nice there in Canada?I have a friend who recently got his PR.He chose Ontario initially but now wants to land directly in Alberta.Is this achievable?

Regards

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.That means he can land directly in Alberta without no issues at the port of entry and later when he decides to become a citizen.?
Regards]

Pilele01

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2011 FOR QCS
Doc's Request.
7 march 2013 for court disposition letter, RPRF
Nomination.....
QCS Received 9 Nov 12
AOR Received.
Medical result received on ecas march 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
3 Dec 2012 rec in Novo Scotia
Med's Request
Feb 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2013
Interview........
9 Nov 2012 for QCS
Passport Req..
7/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2013
LANDED..........
Landed in montrel 2/11/2013.
@ Landed immigrant and seniors, I got my PR through QSW, I sign a document during my application for QSC that I intend to reside in the province of Quebec. Now that I have gotten my PR, I have been told that as a chemist I have more chances of getting a job in Calgary and I am making plans to land in Montreal and leave for Calgary after two days in Montreal. I want an urgent advice if I will not get into any problem leaving Montreal for Calgary few days after landed. Could this be that I have lied to obtain my PR with the intention of not staying in the province of Quebec in the first place? Or is it advisable I stay in Montreal get my SIN, convert my UK driver license to Canada Driver licence, open bank account, receive my PR card before leaving for Calgary? I need advice please.

ladodo

Jul 25, 2012
Hello senior landed immigrants,

I am new here,although i have been a silent follower of Nigeria please let us network.Well i am happy with the discussions on this thread which is quite informative.God bless you madam Tinu and everybody who has put up a post or more to enlighten people like us,on the journey ahead.

Received PR for me and my 3 months old baby this month,so planning to get to canada sometimes next year january, i am planning to register now for an examination which is to hold next year Feburary 1 in ontario,however i nurse a litttle fear of where to put my baby on that day of examination,i really do not know anybody in canada,

Please i want to ask,is it possible for one to get the services of a day care that can be engaged just for this day alone,or please seniors what do you advice.I would be expecting responses,thank you.

nolzi

Jul 21, 2012
yes it is possible, but this would be most likely with a home daycare. Home daycares are run by people in their own homes. some are registered with the govt and some are not. Since what u need is a one day care for ur baby, i wld advice that once u land, u scout around for the nearest home day care to where u are staying and make enquiries. You can also check online or check on kijiji.ca.

ladodo

Jul 25, 2012
Thank you so much nolzi for this reply,i would definately visit the site,and also search for a registered home care online around where i intend to stay.