Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Agent of Change said:
Hi All,

Landed in Calgary yesterday and the whole landing process took 10 mins in total for a family of 4.

The proof of landing fund was not even mentioned, all they asked was to know how much we had. they didn't bother to even see the amount.

At immigration, we were asked if we have been to Canada before after which they signed the COPR form and welcomed us to Canada.

At the customs, we showed them a copy of the form for goods accompanying and goods to follow. The custom officers mentioned to us that the form for goods accompanying was not needed, only the goods to follow list was stamped.

The custom officer was so friendly and all the food stuffs we carried were not even checked. for anyone who is planning to land in Calgary, you can carry any food stuff but please avoid yam and any meat produce in any form.

To all who intend to land in Calgary or anywhere in Canada, do not worry yourself about anything including POF. Just always remember that the God that will make you trek on a rocky road, will give you a solid shoe to trek over it.

Sincerely yours
Agent of Change
@Agent of Change

Congrats for smooth landing. Well, the POF is not needed for 'moinmoin' but a must have based on what we have heard on this thread that 'Canada City' is not cheap. Indeed I can imagine it is not cheap if my findings are anything to go by. It may also be that you were lucky that they didn't ask you, what if.......

I pray that God will establish you quickly in the land and perfect that which concerneth you.

Once again, accept my congratulations.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Congrats change agent may Canada favour you and yours.
Cheers

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
Hello House.

Congrat to everyone with update,MR and PPR.

To God be the glory, me and my family landed in Calgary on the 23rd july 2013. Some minute after 12 pm. Feeling so tired , we proceeded to the immigration office and within 15 minutes we were through with PR application procedures.we were told to expect our PR card in 6weeks to 8weeks time. Suddenly all our tiredness disappear when the immigration officer welcome us to calgary.we later proceeded to custom where we were asked for the declaration card that was giving to us on the plane and I also gave him a Good to follow and accompany form. All went well, our luggages were not checked so my knorr chicken escaped.

We waiited a little bit at d airport taking pictures , looking around while waiting for our host family to come pick us. A short drive from the airport to our host house was wonderful . Calgary is a beautiful and calm place. We have registered for our SIN card,Alberta health ,bank account opening etc.I am really thankful for the support of our host family and from evryone in this great forum.Having a host family to assist and show you around on how to do the neccessary things is indeed the best way. Thanks all

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Zajeb,

Congrats for safe landing. God will prosper you in the land.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
zajeb said:
Hello House.

To God be the glory, me and my family landed in Calgary on the 23rd july 2013. Some minute after 12 pm. Feeling so tired , we proceeded to the immigration office and within 15 minutes we were through with PR application procedures.we were told to expect our PR card in 6weeks to 8weeks time. Suddenly all our tiredness disappear when the immigration officer welcome us to calgary.we later proceeded to custom where we were asked for the declaration card that was giving to us on the plane and I also gave him a Good to follow and accompany form. All went well, our luggages were not checked so my knorr chicken escaped.

We waiited a little bit at d airport taking pictures , looking around while waiting for our host family to come pick us. A short drive from the airport to our host house was wonderful . Calgary is a beautiful and calm place. We have registered for our SIN card,Alberta health ,bank account opening etc.I am really thankful for the support of our host family and from evryone in this great forum.Having a host family to assist and show you around on how to do the neccessary things is indeed the best way. Thanks all

Congrats Zajeb. May you find it easy to settle down. May good jobs n accommodation come ur way in no time. All d best

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello my peeps

Can I request help from my landed peeps in Winnipeg, MB!

A friend of mine is arriving in Winnipeg soon, and needs help with finding a 2 bed apartment for their arrival. I am not able to help from here in Ontario, and would appreciate any help from landed colleagues in that part.

Thanks

tok

Nov 16, 2011
My Nija pple in canada, I salute all you for great support in all forms with honesty and sincerity.
pls i got my prvisa just last month and i have these issues to be sorted out before I really the province and city to settle .
May be my backgroud will help you in advising me , i hold M.sc in statistics and have 6 years lecturing expericenes my wife also have B.sc in statistics about to complete her masters . I wish to come on or b4 feb2014.
Now which province can we easily get job that is paramont. somebody told me i shd 1st selttle in ontario.
tok

ladapo4luv

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2011
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06 - 03 -2012
Congrats all....for anyone landing in Winnipeg,I will suggest that you land first and settle in a "not to expensive hotel" for like a week (you can find one on pembina - Capri motel for instance) while you you look on kinking for a suitable house for you and your family. It is usually advisable you land and physically see the houses available. However, I must warn that most agents/landlord will ask that you get someone to co-sign for you and this is where you usually will need the help of family members and friends on ground - some agents ask that your co- signor must have lived here for five years while some are lenient to ask that your co-signor has lived I. Town for less number of years! Check winnipeg.kijiji.ca.

mic_silas

Mar 18, 2012
Congrats to all new entrants. Please if there is anyone landing soon to Calgary. Please contact me.
I need help as regards getting some items from Lagos particularly my drugs. Pleasee. My contact details is +1587 700 5096..tks

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
zajeb said:
Hello House.

Zajeb,
Welcome home.

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
Double portion said:
Hello everyone,
I just decided to read through his thread today and really want to commend ma tinuadebola for a good job. I also appreciate the support of everyone and those members from ma Ig's thread. As you have made yourselves the light of those planning to come, you will never be in want of direction IJN.
Please I want those in calgary to enlighten me on how to get accommodation once we land. I have not been given my PRV but I am just looking ahead. I saw some holiday rentals for a 3 bedroom apartment in NW for $2950. Does this price make sense? I will not like to move from place to,place with a family of six in the cold. I will like to get an accommodation we can stay in for a month at least before moving. What do you advice? Secondly, how soon do you advice for someone to buy a house, because, the mortgage price is a little bit less than the rental rates so I think it is better to buy a house as soon as possible and put the money into your house than to give landlords, but I don't know what is obtainable over there.
Thirdly, I have children of age range 7 - 13. I have gone through the Fraser institute link and a school called westmount charter in NW looks good to me, I also went to their website and liked what I saw, but I still don't know what is really obtainable. I learnt about bullying in high schools. Please anyone with any helpful experience should please advice.
Thanks for your assistance.
2950 is way over the top ... There is difference between a vacation house and normal rental houses ...

Vacation houses are most times luxury apartments ......a 3 bed should be btw 1500 and 2k depending on area cos if u go way into the NW like kincora evanston areas u might get but they are far from downtown

If u can buy awesome .... can you afford right now ???? You need to build ur credit or if you have more than 50% of the house price in cash they can work a way out for you but most times they want you to buy your credit and have some form of employment cos thats how the system works

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Hello house,
Please can anyone direct me on how to get the Canadian Cognitive Assessment Test preparation material for grades 1 to 9. I was told my children will have to do the assessment before they can be admitted in the school of my choice. Please can anybody advice?

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
babakura said:
2950 is way over the top ... There is difference between a vacation house and normal rental houses ...

Vacation houses are most times luxury apartments ......a 3 bed should be btw 1500 and 2k depending on area cos if u go way into the NW like kincora evanston areas u might get but they are far from downtown

If u can buy awesome .... can you afford right now ???? You need to build ur credit or if you have more than 50% of the house price in cash they can work a way out for you but most times they want you to buy your credit and have some form of employment cos thats how the system works
Thanks Babakura
I am just looking at getting a furnished apartment for the first month (or second month depending on how things work out) before I rent so that I will have ample time to furnish the apartment I eventually rent or buy.

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
Double portion said:
Hello house,
Please can anyone direct me on how to get the Canadian Cognitive Assessment Test preparation material for grades 1 to 9. I was told my children will have to do the assessment before they can be admitted in the school of my choice. Please can anybody advice?

Sounds strange :'( , children are admitted into school depending on where u stay, and classes are based on year of birth, the cut off is march, e.g you must be 5 yrs on or before march ( cant remeber if it 18 or 31) to be in kindergarten , if u are April baby u will wait till next school yr this is for either public or catholic sch, don't know about private sch. ( most children goes to either)

so if you have a preferred choice then u must live within a radius or go private

Don't sweat out the kids for nothing, because their integration is always seamless, just come with few of their report to show sch board, ( didn't show any of my daughter and she got into sch, now she is in grade 1)

The assessment bn carried out is not to weed out, but to determine if more support should be given especially if English is not 1st language which am sure it's not an issue if you r from my side of the world

That's it for now

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
@ Omoelle, Shaddy & EMO,

It's nice to hear from you all. Things are getting better. We are happy at what God is doing in your lives and pray for more resounding testimonies for you and others in Jesus name. Trust we will hear from Right, MUFU, Awoderu and others very soon. It is well with you.