June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
@Nolzi

Thanks for sharing you could not have been more correct!!!!!!!! I agree with everything you have said, and I urge all to read between the lines and assimilate very line. Also I have aligned myself with the progressives and have always believed I would succeed in this land so I don't share racial sentiments and definitely do not begrudge the system. I am very optimistic and always believe it's just a matter of time and everything will fall into place.

I have stayed here for 8months and definitely do not regret coming and I bless God for the opportunity. If you can!!!!!! I use the word Can because not everybody can afford to but if you can don't rush to look for work, pause and check your skills sets with what is in demand, do you need any upgrading? Are there gaps to be filled? My friend (also a member of the thread) and I have agreed long ago that there are jobs in Canada at least in Ontario where I reside and in my field Accountant/Financial Analyst what is lacking is the relevant skill and experience. We understood this and we spent our time and energy to bridge the gap and I tell you it's paying off.

Some people do not believe in the new comer program for new immigrants but as someone who has benefited from it I strongly recommend it, I spend 5 months doing the program, 2.5 in the class and the other 2.5 on placement and I can't quantify the value of experience I acquired during the placement. Is that how it is for everyone? no, cause I also knew people who did the placement and acquired little or no experience but did it help me yes it did. It also helps when you apply for job and your resume shows you are working somewhere at least it helped in my case and no one knew whether my current work was volunteer or not .

How you package yourself during the interview matters too you don't go sound as if you just came to Canada yesterday meaning you have to acquire info and be able to speak concerning any topic as it relates to Canada at least to an extent that will make an impression. I tell you I was not even asked when I arrived Canada and yet I was offer the job, it takes the grace of God but even the bible said faith without work is death so it also takes preparation.

I wish you all best of luck as you prepare and please when you land surround yourselfs with progressives and the sky will not be your limit.

Cheers
Tinu

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
tinuadeadebola said:
@ Nolzi

Thanks for sharing you could not have been more correct!!!!!!!! I agree with everything you have said, and I urge all to read between the lines and assimilate very line. Also I have aligned myself with the progressives and have always believed I would succeed in this land so I don't share racial sentiments and definitely do not begrudge the system. I am very optimistic and always believe it's just a matter of time and everything will fall into place.

I have stayed here for 8months and definitely do not regret coming and I bless God for the opportunity. If you can!!!!!! I use the word Can because not everybody can afford to but if you can don't rush to look for work, pause and check your skills sets with what is in demand, do you need any upgrading? Are there gaps to be filled? My friend (also a member of the thread) and I have agreed long ago that there are jobs in Canada at least in Ontario where I reside and in my field Accountant/Financial Analyst what is lacking is the relevant skill and experience. We understood this and we spent our time and energy to bridge the gap and I tell you it's paying off.

Some people do not believe in the new comer program for new immigrants but as someone who has benefited from it I strongly recommend it, I spend 5 months doing the program, 2.5 in the class and the other 2.5 on placement and I can't quantify the value of experience I acquired during the placement. Is that how it is for everyone? no, cause I also knew people who did the placement and acquired little or no experience but did it help me yes it did. It also helps when you apply for job and your resume shows you are working somewhere at least it helped in my case and no one knew whether my current work was volunteer or not .

How you package yourself during the interview matters too you don't go sound as if you just came to Canada yesterday meaning you have to acquire info and be able to speak concerning any topic as it relates to Canada at least to an extent that will make an impression. I tell you I was not even asked when I arrived Canada and yet I was offer the job, it takes the grace of God but even the bible said faith without work is death so it also takes preparation.

I wish you all best of luck as you prepare and please when you land surround yourselfs with progressives and the sky will not be your limit.

Cheers
Tinu
Spot on as ever. many thanks.

Phine_ay

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-09-2013
Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
08-09-2014
Passport Req..
02-10-2014; Decision Made: 17-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2014
Well, well, well. I'm now on the 100th page of the most interesting write-up I've gone through in a long while. A book, I'd say, of many authors or contributors known and unknown to each other, either by code names or facially, written systematically over a three-year period. Book with no editor, but forward carefully crafted by Sis. Tinu and still monitored by her great self. I've gone through captivating stories and passages reeling out very informative experiences, counsels etc by people with divers background but same root - Naija and same goal - landed Canadians. It's indeed a 'dreamteam'.

My family applied for FSW in 2011, but our application was returned, might be because we did not know of any forums at all or such great one as this. By God's favour, I qualified again this year and by God's grace waiting for Accra. I'm quite sure my journey could still be ahead, but I'm quite happy, actually delighted, that a group of selfless Naijas exists somewhere here to make things very easy.

If RN could come back with her interested colleagues and pay for the copyrights of this rich info for her proposed book. Her posts those days were well structured and very enlightening. I wonder what she will be telling us two years since then. Where is Babaiyabor? Another insightful writer. Going thru Sis. Tinu's initally skeptism, flurry of questions, doubts, anxieties and anticipation and comparing with her confidence today, expert advice, assurance and skillful renditions, makes for an interesting read.

I'd be content to say, this is a researchable material, the links inside these 100pages don't grow old, the people there are Wonderful, the stories are instructive, the experiences may each be peculiar but present learning curves. It is worth reading over again.

I will take my bow now but can't do that without acknowledging people whose several posts I have read who are just like my brothers and sisters jisting on the dinner table - permit me to reference Madam Ig, Pa Oloye, Pa Mufu, toto, Right, barsindo, ANigerian, Toluwanile, Awoderu, Kcsider, spokes, Ind_dan, jodav3, zajeb, thejackson, EMO, Jada, Shaddy, TJ2010, babymart, priceless, ayd and Sleek Ricky to mention a few.

I already feel welcome... This is not the end of the book o, more stories still needed, advise still sought, many questions still to be answered. Keep it coming, tell new stories, re-tell old ones, don't leave anything out, we are all Naijas from the same mother.

Wishing all - landed and about to be - all the best. Don't forget, 'if opportunity don't knock, build a door'

Phine_ay

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
PER: 02-03-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013(M Received on 9-12-2013)
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
Phine_ay said:
Well, well, well. I'm now on the 100th page of the most interesting write-up I've gone through in a long while. A book, I'd say, of many authors or contributors known and unknown to each other, either by code names or facially, written systematically over a three-year period. Book with no editor, but forward carefully crafted by Sis. Tinu and still monitored by her great self. I've gone through captivating stories and passages reeling out very informative experiences, counsels etc by people with divers background but same root - Naija and same goal - landed Canadians. It's indeed a 'dreamteam'.

My family applied for FSW in 2011, but our application was returned, might be because we did not know of any forums at all or such great one as this. By God's favour, I qualified again this year and by God's grace waiting for Accra. I'm quite sure my journey could still be ahead, but I'm quite happy, actually delighted, that a group of selfless Naijas exist somewhere here to make things very easy.

If RN could come back with her interested colleagues and pay for the copyrights of this rich info for her proposed book. Her posts those days were well structured and very enlightening. I wonder what she will be telling us two years since then. Where is Babaiyabor? Another insightful writer. Going thru Sis. Tinu's initally skeptism, flurry of questions, doubts, anxieties and anticipation and comparing with her confidence today, expert advice, assurance, skillful renditions, makes for an interesting read.

I'd be content to say, this is a researchable material, the links inside these 100pages don't grow old, the people there are Wonderful, the stories are instructive, the experiences may each be peculiar but present learning curves. It is worth reading over again.

I will take my bow now but can't do that without acknowledging people whose several posts I have read who are just like my brothers and sisters jisting on the dinner table - permit me to reference Madam Ig, Pa Oloye, Pa Mufu, toto, Right, barsindo, ANigerian, Toluwanile, Awoderu, Kcsider, spokes, Ind_dan, jodav3, zajeb, thejackson, EMO, Jada, Shaddy, TJ2010, babymart, priceless, ayd and Sleek Ricky to mention a few.

I already feel welcome... This is not the end of the book o, more stories still needed, advise still sought, many questions still to be answered. Keep it coming, tell new stories, re-tell old ones, don't leave anything out, we are all Naijas from the same mother.

Wishing all - landed and about to be - all the best. Don't forget, 'if opportunity don't knock, build a door'

Phine_ay

woah Phine_ay,

.....captivating writing and lovely selection of words that jolt my psyche. u could pass for an Essayist! keep it coming. I love it

B-Jay

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
@ Mama T(tinuadeadebola),

I hail ooooh.

.....just checking on you and yours.

Hope u are good. u are doing great from your post above. really happy for you. please keep praying for us all. the waiting has not be easy oooh. to worsen matters, na so Accra just dey jump queue oh. leaving many of us from August 2011 and Jan 2012 to Feb 2012 and lately to April 2012 oooh; and if we send them mail, they will say na FIFO they dey use but we nor come understand again oooh. it appears to be LIFO now oh.lolz.
we are still hanging on.one day na one day it will get to us all and we shall join you our landed seniors.

....wishing well you and more & more blessed heights!

B-Jay

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
wELCOME Phine-ay,

This is definetely the best place to learn how to write a book.Wishing you the best.

@Tinu the professor,thanks for your advice and insight into life in Canada.You are spot on

@All landed seniors and juniors,take care and keep our flag flying.

Ig

Phine_ay said:

My family applied for FSW in 2011, but our application was returned, might be because we did not know of any forums at all or such great one as this. By God's favour, I qualified again this year and by God's grace waiting for Accra. I'm quite sure my journey could still be ahead, but I'm quite happy, actually delighted, that a group of selfless Naijas exist somewhere here to make things very easy.

If RN could come back with her interested colleagues and pay for the copyrights of this rich info for her proposed book. Her posts those days were well structured and very enlightening. I wonder what she will be telling us two years since then. Where is Babaiyabor? Another insightful writer. Going thru Sis. Tinu's initally skeptism, flurry of questions, doubts, anxieties and anticipation and comparing with her confidence today, expert advice, assurance, skillful renditions, makes for an interesting read.

Phine_ay

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
@ Phine-ay,

Yous is a professor to have goes through 100 pages just like moinmoin (apology to Pa MUFU). I am happy for you that at last you made it. Your expectation shall not be cut short. Welcome brother/sister. I see you crossing over much faster than our batch under the new rule.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Hi Nolzi,

You brought me out of my hiding :p

Couldn't agree more with you on this highlighted statement.There are people that would use their experience to judge yours not realising that we have different heads and that because you struggled does not mean the other person would.There are people that would want you to take up a walmart job as soon as you land without allowing you to explore your options yourself ........you need to run from those kind of people.Also it is to be noted that most of the people that offer this kind of non progressive advice do not have the same status as yours.Most are either individuals that came to study in Canada or have their spouses studying so they tend to use their experience to qualify yours.
Also network with Canadians as they are the people that have the necessary networks.I have met Nigerians that would say negative things about Canadians and these set of people tend to associate only with Africans .Pls don't tow that route as you won't progress much.You need to integrate properly and understand the culture of the place you migrated to.

nolzi said:
I have met and spoken with all manner and kinds of people from all races since landing in canada. From my experience I can tell you that there is a lot of thrash out there that people peddle as the truth. People tell you their experiences as the truth , and they try to convince you that yours has to be that way. this is a big lie but unfortunately many are falling for the lie and stunting their own progress here. What I would say is choose your friends in canada very wisely. Sift what you hear. Throw away every negative thrash you hear and focus on the good. Believe in yourself and in the goodness of the system and take time to read. Do your own research, Information is out there. If you cannot find it, call the agency involved and ask them directly. It would save you a ton of heartache and stress. In my own case, I was blessed to be surrounded by some good people who encouraged and gave their time for my sake. I am eternally grateful to them. I chose to associate with those who are standing and kept well away from those who have made it their duty to feed off the system. such mentality only keeps u at the bottom. The hand of the giver is always on top.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
priceless said:
Hi Nolzi,

You brought me out of my hiding :p

Couldn't agree more with you on this highlighted statement.There are people that would use their experience to judge yours not realising that we have different heads and that because you struggled does not mean the other person would.There are people that would want you to take up a walmart job as soon as you land without allowing you to explore your options yourself ........you need to run from those kind of people.Also it is to be noted that most of the people that offer this kind of non progressive advice do not have the same status as yours.Most are either individuals that came to study in Canada or have their spouses studying so they tend to use their experience to qualify yours.

Also network with Canadians as they are the people that have the necessary networks.I have met Nigerians that would say negative things about Canadians and these set of people tend to associate only with Africans .Pls don't tow that route as you won't progress much.You need to integrate properly and understand the culture of the place you migrated to.
Hello Priceless good to hear from you again and thanks for coming out of the hiding!!!!!!! Would pm you so we can chat more. Cheers

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Ma Ig
Trust you and yours are doing great? Would get across over the weekend. My regards
Tinu

@Phine bros I hail ooooooo your use of words no get part two!!!! You are welcome and please the Nigeria Applicant thread is the mother thread and you will more info concerning the application process there. All the best in the current application.

@Bjay
I feel your pain lol I sent you a pm sometimes ago but got no response!!! I know the waiting can be frustrating but it's also giving you plenty time to prepare to be relevant here when you land. Trust me there is no rush it's not a 100meter dash we are going for the long haul hence it's worth waiting for. Your consolation is that some people are even getting updates there were times we waited for like 10months straight with little or no MR or PPR on the thread so the fact that it's raining in your neighbours compound is an indication that it will soon rain in yours.

Cheers all

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Ma Ig
Trust you and yours are doing great? Would get across over the weekend. My regards
Tinu

@ Phine bros I hail ooooooo your use of words no get part two!!!! You are welcome and please the Nigeria Applicant thread is the mother thread and you will more info concerning the application process there. All the best in the current application.

@ Bjay
I feel your pain lol I sent you a pm sometimes ago but got no response!!! I know the waiting can be frustrating but it's also giving you plenty time to prepare to be relevant here when you land. Trust me there is no rush it's not a 100meter dash we are going for the long haul hence it's worth waiting for. Your consolation is that some people are even getting updates there were times we waited for like 10months straight with little or no MR or PPR on the thread so the fact that it's raining in your neighbours compound is an indication that it will soon rain in yours.

Cheers all

Mama T,

Thanks a lot for your kind words. they are truly encouraging. they did not leave me where they found me this morning.
Yea,I am seizing the delay opportunity to prepare for a particular retraining entrance exam with CCIS on landing. I am toeing the line of retraining progam. is better in the long run even though it may seems long and challenging to get through. is a 37 weeks program.is the best and enriching path to follow instead of the rush for Surviving jobs. I pray for God's abundant provision to facilitate the plan. because that will require coming with enough money well above the POF. Hustling for more money: another good side of the delay.

Many thanks.

As per the PM, I did not get it. identity crisis. lolz. maybe is gone to another person with almost the same user name.

Please you may re-check your sent items.

Once again,thank you.

Wishing you well!

B-Jay

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
B-jay said:
Mama T,

Thanks a lot for your kind words. they are truly encouraging. they did not leave me where they found me this morning.
Yea,I am seizing the delay opportunity to prepare for a particular retraining entrance exam with CCIS on landing. I am toeing the line of retraining progam. is better in the long run even though it may seems long and challenging to get through. is a 37 weeks program.is the best and enriching path to follow instead of the rush for Surviving jobs. I pray for God's abundant provision to facilitate the plan. because that will require coming with enough money well above the POF. Hustling for more money: another good side of the delay.

Many thanks.

As per the PM, I did not get it. identity crisis. lolz. maybe is gone to another person with almost the same user name.

Please you may re-check your sent items.

Once again,thank you.

Wishing you well!

B-Jay
Lol would resend cheers. Great plan you have there provided you have done your research and it's a field in demand. As per survival jobs it has it's good and bad sides, if one can it's better to avoid it but I tell you Canada is expensive that's why some people take to it to preserve some of their fund it can however be done on weekend or part time basis but if you are liquid enough you can avoid it totally. The problem is some persons start it and get stuck so we must be careful!!!

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Lol would resend cheers. Great plan you have there provided you have done your research and it's a field in demand. As per survival jobs it has it's good and bad sides, if one can it's better to avoid it but I tell you Canada is expensive that's why some people take to it to preserve some of their fund it can however be done on weekend or part time basis but if you are liquid enough you can avoid it totally. The problem is some persons start it and get stuck so we must be careful!!!

Yea I did. Is one of the HOT CAKES in Alberta across many sector from O & G to manufacturing. The progrm is POWER ENGINEERING an aspect of Electrical Engineering.from there I can become a registered member or Engineer in training with APEGA while working my way to P. Engr.
Yea is a good idea to take any part-time or week-end jobs on the grounds that d programme will not be demanding.any ways I believe it won't for a topical 9ja grad having passed thru d four walls of 9ja schls with all the study syles and rigors from Lecturers to facilities.is my prayers that God will see all of us through in our various landing plans to facilitate our possible early and rewarding integration in our new Home.
Many thanks Sis.

B-Jay

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
B-jay said:
Yea I did. Is one of the HOT CAKES in Alberta across many sector from O & G to manufacturing. The progrm is POWER ENGINEERING an aspect of Electrical Engineering.from there I can become a registered member or Engineer in training with APEGA while working my way to P. Engr.
Yea is a good idea to take any part-time or week-end jobs on the grounds that d programme will not be demanding.any ways I believe it won't for a topical 9ja grad having passed thru d four walls of 9ja schls with all the study syles and rigors from Lecturers to facilities.is my prayers that God will see all of us through in our various landing plans to facilitate our possible early and rewarding integration in our new Home.
Many thanks Sis.

B-Jay
B-jay. Nice to know we have engineers in the house. i intend to take an ndt program in sait or nait. I have considered power engineering too considering that their wage is very lucrative but i am not sure it's a job i would enjoy. I am still in researching all available option though.

Bukonla80

Oct 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
Doc's Request.
05-03-2012
Nomination.....
30-06-2012
AOR Received.
Application received at CIO 29-08-2012, CC charged on 22/10/2012, AOR received on 27/10/2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Medical Request received on 26-11-2012 from Accra VO
Med's Done....
7-12-2012; 25/2/2013 furtherance medical test requested - Medicals Received 12-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Received Passport Request on 19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-2014
Hello House,

I need your advice on a particular topic. Please kindly advice on the implication of defaulting on the residency obligation for the MPNP. If I get a job outside Manitoba, say Calgary and I decide to relocate immediately I land; do you think that will affect my PR Status?

Secondly, what if I get a rotation job in Alberta. In this case, I can work in Alberta and live in Manitoba. Will I still fulfill both residential and employment goals.

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Regards