Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Preferred said:
Hi Omo Naija,

Thanks so much. Will check the link and contact Alliance.

Cheers
Hello preferred
Please follow Omo Naija advise above and start the French classes ASAP. If you can afford it I would also suggest you hire someone who can come to the house peharps twice a week to teach the kids in addition to the Alliance Saturday option. Mind you the process might be long can even be unto two years in some cases but I tell you the time to start learning the language is now. As advised please ask questions on the general thread as most landed seniors don't know much about the application process anymore.

You could send Biolah and Rasaq pm I guess they are also on the QSW stream.cheers

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello preferred
Please follow Omo Naija advise above and start the French classes ASAP. If you can afford it I would also suggest you hire someone who can come to the house peharps twice a week to teach the kids in addition to the Alliance Saturday option. Mind you the process might be long can even be unto two years in some cases but I tell you the time to start learning the language is now. As advised please ask questions on the general thread as most landed seniors don't know much about the application process anymore.

You could send Biolah and Rasaq pm I guess they are also on the QSW stream.cheers

Hi Madam Tinu,

Thanks a million. I will try get a french teacher. Will check out Alliance later today too.

I will also get in touch with Biolah and Rasaq.

Tnx for the info.

warm regards

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Hello everyone,
I just decided to read through his thread today and really want to commend ma tinuadebola for a good job. I also appreciate the support of everyone and those members from ma Ig's thread. As you have made yourselves the light of those planning to come, you will never be in want of direction IJN.
Please I want those in calgary to enlighten me on how to get accommodation once we land. I have not been given my PRV but I am just looking ahead. I saw some holiday rentals for a 3 bedroom apartment in NW for $2950. Does this price make sense? I will not like to move from place to,place with a family of six in the cold. I will like to get an accommodation we can stay in for a month at least before moving. What do you advice? Secondly, how soon do you advice for someone to buy a house, because, the mortgage price is a little bit less than the rental rates so I think it is better to buy a house as soon as possible and put the money into your house than to give landlords, but I don't know what is obtainable over there.
Thirdly, I have children of age range 7 - 13. I have gone through the Fraser institute link and a school called westmount charter in NW looks good to me, I also went to their website and liked what I saw, but I still don't know what is really obtainable. I learnt about bullying in high schools. Please anyone with any helpful experience should please advice.
Thanks for your assistance.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Double Portion,

I like your post, this is 'Canada 401' as against 'Canada 101' where some of us are still operating. I trust landed seniors to answer you shortly. Though I never reach 'Canada City' but e be like say that price is high small. Please work with landed seniors on this.

Double portion said:
Hello everyone,
I just decided to read through his thread today and really want to commend ma tinuadebola for a good job. I also appreciate the support of everyone and those members from ma Ig's thread. As you have made yourselves the light of those planning to come, you will never be in want of direction IJN.
Please I want those in calgary to enlighten me on how to get accommodation once we land. I have not been given my PRV but I am just looking ahead. I saw some holiday rentals for a 3 bedroom apartment in NW for $2950. Does this price make sense? I will not like to move from place to,place with a family of six in the cold. I will like to get an accommodation we can stay in for a month at least before moving. What do you advice? Secondly, how soon do you advice for someone to buy a house, because, the mortgage price is a little bit less than the rental rates so I think it is better to buy a house as soon as possible and put the money into your house than to give landlords, but I don't know what is obtainable over there.
Thirdly, I have children of age range 7 - 13. I have gone through the Fraser institute link and a school called westmount charter in NW looks good to me, I also went to their website and liked what I saw, but I still don't know what is really obtainable. I learnt about bullying in high schools. Please anyone with any helpful experience should please advice.

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
jodav3 said:
Double Portion,

I like your post, this is 'Canada 401' as against 'Canada 101' where some of us are still operating. I trust landed seniors to answer you shortly. Though I never reach 'Canada City' but e be like say that price is high small. Please work with landed seniors on this.
ThAnks a lot jodav3. E be like say this thread is another AVO. Anyway, no choice but to wait for reply. That price is for a vacation rental. It was the cheapest I saw online for 3 bedroom furnished and paid utilities, but let me wait for our seniors to she'd light on this for me. My best bet might be for me to land first and then have my family come join me Later for me to put things in shape before they come. I don't want the children to have a hard time settling in.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Double portion said:
ThAnks a lot jodav3. E be like say this thread is another AVO. Anyway, no choice but to wait for reply. That price is for a vacation rental. It was the cheapest I saw online for 3 bedroom furnished and paid utilities, but let me wait for our seniors to she'd light on this for me. My best bet might be for me to land first and then have my family come join me Later for me to put things in shape before they come. I don't want the children to have a hard time settling in.
Well that won't be a bad idea, land first, see things for yourself and let the family join you later. Am not in Calgary but I know getting a house it's not easy and it can be expensive depending on the area and facilities in the house. The downside is madam might not like the house you chose except you belong to the few class of men that know what a woman want in a house cause many of the things we value men don't value it lol

As per school it depends on your location as you attend a school within your boundary hence you first get a house then follow by a school. Most schools are against bullying and particularly the Catholic school hence bullying should not be a problem and we would also talk to our kids to learn to build self confidence so they don't cry at every provocation!

I advise you send lukeke a pm she is in Calgary and did some research on short stay but that price of yours looks expensive but I must say that many things in Canada are expensive so we just have to learn to deal with it.

We have many landed seniors in Calgary you could send them pm as it works faster that way.
Cheers

mic_silas

Mar 18, 2012
@madam tinu, i trust all is well at your end. How has it been in Ontario. Please o, am returning to calgary
next month, any gist about work search and opportunities will be appreciated o.
thanks.

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Well that won't be a bad idea, land first, see things for yourself and let the family join you later. Am not in Calgary but I know getting a house it's not easy and it can be expensive depending on the area and facilities in the house. The downside is madam might not like the house you chose except you belong to the few class of men that know what a woman want in a house cause many of the things we value men don't value it lol

As per school it depends on your location as you attend a school within your boundary hence you first get a house then follow by a school. Most schools are against bullying and particularly the Catholic school hence bullying should not be a problem and we would also talk to our kids to learn to build self confidence so they don't cry at every provocation!

I advise you send lukeke a pm she is in Calgary and did some research on short stay but that price of yours looks expensive but I must say that many things in Canada are expensive so we just have to learn to deal with it.

We have many landed seniors in Calgary you could send them pm as it works faster that way.
Cheers
Thanks Sister Tinu,
I am actually the madam and am just forging ahead. To be frank the house was the cheapest I saw for. Three bedroom vacation rental that we can stay alone. Some cheaper ones are shared with the owners but I will PM madam lukeke as advised. Thanks a lot.

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
Double portion said:
Hello everyone,
1.I will give you my landlord number and e-mail address to help you with accommodation.
PM me with your family size.
2. You will need to bring the full money for the house btw 250-450k or Land and built a credit history with a minimum of three month full time job to get a bank loan with 10% down payment to buy a house.
3.School is based on the location of the house. The school you are talking about might be far from where you will find accommodation.
4.Good luck
4.All Canada school are good and free.

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
sogood said:
1.I will give you my landlord number and e-mail address to help you with accommodation.
PM me with your family size.
2. You will need to bring the full money for the house btw 250-450k or Land and built a credit history with a minimum of three month full time job to get a bank loan with 10% down payment to buy a house.
3.School is based on the location of the house. The school you are talking about might be far from where you will find accommodation.
4.Good luck
4.All Canada school are good and free.
Thanks Sogood.
I will PM you right away

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
Double portion said:
Thanks Sogood.
I will PM you right away
Reply Send

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
mic_silas said:
@ madam tinu, i trust all is well at your end. How has it been in Ontario. Please o, am returning to calgary
next month, any gist about work search and opportunities will be appreciated o.
thanks.
Hi dear
I replied your pm please check it and get across. Cheers

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Double portion said:
Thanks Sister Tinu,
I am actually the madam and am just forging ahead. To be frank the house was the cheapest I saw for. Three bedroom vacation rental that we can stay alone. Some cheaper ones are shared with the owners but I will PM madam lukeke as advised. Thanks a lot.
I see that's fine all the best.

Jun 12, 2013
My people,

Greetings to all.

Please are we able to use a bank draft issued in Nigeria currency as a proof of landing fund or a cheque issued in Nigeria currency?

Thanks for your answers.

Jun 12, 2013
Hi All,

Landed in Calgary yesterday and the whole landing process took 10 mins in total for a family of 4.

The proof of landing fund was not even mentioned, all they asked was to know how much we had. they didn't bother to even see the amount.

At immigration, we were asked if we have been to Canada before after which they signed the COPR form and welcomed us to Canada.

At the customs, we showed them a copy of the form for goods accompanying and goods to follow. The custom officers mentioned to us that the form for goods accompanying was not needed, only the goods to follow list was stamped.

The custom officer was so friendly and all the food stuffs we carried were not even checked. for anyone who is planning to land in Calgary, you can carry any food stuff but please avoid yam and any meat produce in any form.

To all who intend to land in Calgary or anywhere in Canada, do not worry yourself about anything including POF. Just always remember that the God that will make you trek on a rocky road, will give you a solid shoe to trek over it.

Sincerely yours
Agent of Change