12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
Hello Good people

Can anyone direct to where I can buy a mobile phone (compatible with WIND) in Calgary, A friend mistakenly smashed the screen of his mobile phone and needs a replacement ASAP, he has called wind and they claimed they cant sell a cell phone alone.

Very urgent

Guvcode

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
guvcode said:
Hello Good people

Can anyone direct to where I can buy a mobile phone (compatible with WIND) in Calgary, A friend mistakenly smashed the screen of his mobile phone and needs a replacement ASAP, he has called wind and they claimed they cant sell a cell phone alone.

Very urgent

Guvcode
I hope the response it's not too late you might have to check kijiji I guess you get anything to buy there

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
I hope the response it's not too late you might have to check kijiji I guess you get anything to buy there
Thanks Tinu

I wanted a shop kind of thing, Kijiji arrangement usually require you locating the person and you may not be 100% sure of quality, the person requiring this is a lady and may not be willing to go thru all that

thanks

Olugbenga

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
guvcode said:
Thanks Tinu

I wanted a shop kind of thing, Kijiji arrangement usually require you locating the person and you may not be 100% sure of quality, the person requiring this is a lady and may not be willing to go thru all that

thanks

Olugbenga
@ Guvcode,

Try Future Shop or Best Buy outlets. In Calgary I know both of these shops are in Northland Mall in NW but I am sure they will have other outlets in other quadrants of the city. You can also call them to confirm the need will be met.

You may also wish to do a search for same phone online via Amazon. If you go the online way ensure you confirm that the frequency of the phone you are buying tallies with that of the carrier, which is Wind in this case.

Jovic

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Doc's Request.
12-05-2010
Med's Request
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
27-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
@Babymart,
You are welcome to Calgary. Regards to your family.
Jovic

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
lukeke said:
@ Guvcode,

Try Future Shop or Best Buy outlets. In Calgary I know both of these shops are in Northland Mall in NW but I am sure they will have other outlets in other quadrants of the city. You can also call them to confirm the need will be met.

You may also wish to do a search for same phone online via Amazon. If you go the online way ensure you confirm that the frequency of the phone you are buying tallies with that of the carrier, which is Wind in this case.
Thanks Lukeke

Its been sorted, got the Wind shop to sell without purchasing a new contract

Guvcode

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
guvcode said:
Thanks Lukeke

Its been sorted, got the Wind shop to sell without purchasing a new contract

Guvcode
You are welcome and it's good to know it has been resolved.

Mercy4life

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2012
Nomination.....
September 6, 2012
AOR Received.
April 11, 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
April 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 20th, 2013
Med's Done....
May, 24th, 2013
Passport Req..
October 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 15th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2014
Hi Seniors!
I greet you all. How are your families, respective places of residences and your jobs? I pray God almighty continues to bless you all. I am new in this Forum, though not landed yet but just about to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fees for my wife, myself and my Kid. I know very soon, We shall join you over there (in Jesus name). You can call me Mercy4life.

I had taken my time to run through a lot of comments by veterans of this immigration process on this forum and i can confidently say without an ounce of doubt that, all comments submitted are very constructive and geometrically helpful. I have actually been always puzzled by what life over there would look like in terms of Landing, Settling down, Renting apartment, getting a job and school(s) for the kid and most especially, keeping up with family daily living. I have a family already in Winnipeg Manitoba and I am quite certain that is a Plus(+) but it does not hurt knowing more as information is powerful and ground breaking.

I work as an Architect with a reputable firm here in Lagos and I also build homes too. I hope to continue when i get over there though i read that Canada does not guarantee you'll get a job in your line of work. My spouse works as an Urban and Regional Planner here in Lagos too. As veterans that have landed and are in the system already, what advice(s) would you give me about:

(1) Landing (Please refer to proof of funds and documents to be made available Apart from our Passports)?

(2) Getting an apartment ahead before landing( please refer to apartment types and how much they cost for 6 months)

(3) Looking for jobs (please refer to seeking the jobs of our field of study or other related jobs. People in our profession over there can also help out with this question)Should one not get a job of your choice, What other jobs are available and how does one get them

These question will suffice for now. We eagerly await your constructive responses to all these questions. May you all be prosperous abroad, Amen.

Thank you all.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Hello Mercy
I suggest you read thru previous pages of this thread and get a feel as almost all you mentioned have be spoken about in this thread. as per accommodation it depends on province, city and even type of house so you need to be more specific, where do you want to land is it Manitoba if yes what city in Manitoba? If you are going to Manitoba then I advise you get a place near your relatives I tell you helps when you have someone nearby.

As per school for the kids it's free and pretty easy if you want Catholic schools then just bring you or spouse baptismal card or that of the kids, if you want public school then you are good to go no serious document required but it makes sense to come with immunisation record some schools ask for it.

As per landing again it depends on point of entry but there are several landing stories on this thread you just have to flip thru to have an idea but again it differs by person and by point of entry.

Cheers you could ask more specific questions then it would be easier or better still send any of us a pm and we would get it faster.

Cheers

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
Hello our landed seniors,

I will be landing very soon, praying to share my landing experience in calgary too.i Know it is difficult to get an accommodation before landing but pls if any landed seniors anywhere or in calgary knows anyone or agent who can help with renting One or Two bedroom apartment(I don't mind basement) . You can sent me a PM.thanks

mayocksala

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
21-03-2013
Interview........
11-10-2012
Passport Req..
21-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
LANDED..........
24- 09- 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello Mercy
I suggest you read thru previous pages of this thread and get a feel as almost all you mentioned have be spoken about in this thread. as per accommodation it depends on province, city and even type of house so you need to be more specific, where do you want to land is it Manitoba if yes what city in Manitoba? If you are going to Manitoba then I advise you get a place near your relatives I tell you helps when you have someone nearby.

As per school for the kids it's free and pretty easy if you want Catholic schools then just bring you or spouse baptismal card or that of the kids, if you want public school then you are good to go no serious document required but it makes sense to come with immunisation record some schools ask for it.

As per landing again it depends on point of entry but there are several landing stories on this thread you just have to flip thru to have an idea but again it differs by person and by point of entry.

Cheers you could ask more specific questions then it would be easier or better still send any of us a pm and we would get it faster.

Cheers

Are you in Manitoba? sorry about my question just that i want to know much about the place. Thanks as i wait to hear from you.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Good day everyone, I spent the better part of today going through the 95 pages of this thread. It is quite enriching, informative and inspiring. I was worried Madam Tinu would stop posting when I saw that she has landed. I am impressed she still has time for 'her baby project'.

Well, I wish for a number of things... but since the past is gone, I had better concentrate on the future. After waiting for the reopening of the FSW scheme, we (my husband n I) discovered our occupations are not in immediate demand. So off to Quebec we go! Tefaq done and passed by both of us, amongst others.

So Seniors, what do you suggest?

1. How do I get registered with the HR body in Quebec (the website is in french, just a lil English)?
2. What do you suggest we do in Nigeria before we proceed?
3. How do we get our children (ages 4 & 2) to effectively learn French in Nigeria (Alliance Francaise has no option for this age group)?

Other suggestions are welcome.

I know it seems a long while before we land...we haven't even gotten the CSQ...I just want to get productively busy ahead of time

Merci

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Hi Preferred,

You are welcome to the thread.... although, i am not landed yet i feel i can give a few pieces of advice and expect seniors to respond too...

To start with, Madam Tinu is still One of the very few landed people that still keeps in touch with this forum and most of all despite her very tight schedule so dont get worried.

with respect to what you can do for now, i suggest you (and your husband) perfect your french language skills as this will be the major determinant of your success in Quebec...
As for your children, Alliance francais has a new programe for kids called "French for Kids" that hold every saturday in Lagos centres, you can call any of the numbers below to get more details;
01 8911338 - Yaba Centre
01 8911340 - Ikeja Centre
01 8911341 - VI centre (National open university building)

You are on the right track by taking the Tefaq exams and i sincerely wish you well in this endeavour.

finally, i suggest you post your subsequent immigration questions on the main Naija thread (URL Below) as you will be able to interact with other people that are in your shoes because this thread is mostly for issues related to "Post PR approval"

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nigeria-applicant-please-let-us-network-t30420.0.html

Preferred said:
Good day everyone, I spent the better part of today going through the 95 pages of this thread. It is quite enriching, informative and inspiring. I was worried Madam Tinu would stop posting when I saw that she has landed. I am impressed she still has time for 'her baby project'.

Well, I wish for a number of things... but since the past is gone, I had better concentrate on the future. After waiting for the reopening of the FSW scheme, we (my husband n I) discovered our occupations are not in immediate demand. So off to Quebec we go! Tefaq done and passed by both of us, amongst others.

So Seniors, what do you suggest?

1. How do I get registered with the HR body in Quebec (the website is in french, just a lil English)?
2. What do you suggest we do in Nigeria before we proceed?
3. How do we get our children (ages 4 & 2) to effectively learn French in Nigeria (Alliance Francaise has no option for this age group)?

Other suggestions are welcome.

I know it seems a long while before we land...we haven't even gotten the CSQ...I just want to get productively busy ahead of time

Merci

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Hi dear, trust you saw my pm? Am in Ontario not Manitoba but we have lots of landed persons in Manitoba too.