+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

NAIJA1

Dec 15, 2011
My great landed Naija,
I hail o o . Please from your experience where will you advice my family and I to land. Calgary or Edmonton. I know no one in canada as I guess many of us where when we are about to land. but the forum has a lot to say about these two areas. Are there any benifits of landing in Calgary over Edmonton. Pls any replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks all.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Could someone please help me with the immunization form that one needs to fill and sign here before relocating to Canada? The one for kids. Thanks.

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Full Documents
Med's Request
12-08-2011, then 16-09-2011 (after adding our new baby)
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
By God's Grace on Sunday 29th April 2012
Don't we have newly landed Naija immigrant again that will share the landing experience to us? Please, let's keep this thread alive. Both old landed and newly landed, keep updating us on the testimonies and events over there. Cheers!

NAIJA1

Dec 15, 2011
OOW4CHRIST said:
Don't we have newly landed Naija immigrant again that will share the landing experience to us? Please, let's keep this thread alive. Both old landed and newly landed, keep updating us on the testimonies and events over there. Cheers!
You just read my thoughts for weeks now OOW4CHRIST. Am really TRUELY disappointed, I thought the purpose of this thread was to share experiences whether good or bad, insignificant or not. You guys were once on this side and needed as much details as poosible to make certain decisions. The thread has suddenly gone cold and one has to actually beg for a seniors opinion on an inquiry. So sad dat when u were all waiting for PR's it was one team spirit. NOw u have all landed we all on our own. :'( :'( :'( i have lived in England for over 15years now and even as a Nigerian but a British citizen I know that there are tremendous challenges one faces when moving to a foreign land especially as a PR status. I wish some1 could revive this thread again :'( :'( :'(

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
NAIJA1 said:
You just read my thoughts for weeks now OOW4CHRIST. Am really TRUELY disappointed, I thought the purpose of this thread was to share experiences whether good or bad, insignificant or not. You guys were once on this side and needed as much details as poosible to make certain decisions. The thread has suddenly gone cold and one has to actually beg for a seniors opinion on an inquiry. So sad dat when u were all waiting for PR's it was one team spirit. NOw u have all landed we all on our own. :'( :'( :'( i have lived in England for over 15years now and even as a Nigerian but a British citizen I know that there are tremendous challenges one faces when moving to a foreign land especially as a PR status. I wish some1 could revive this thread again :'( :'( :'(
NAIJA1, you can try posting your question on another thread, or better still do a google search on the two cities.
I am not a landed Naija, I still dey for one Naija creek :D, but I learn't that both cities are good places to raise kids, however, Edmonton has a slightly colder winter. I also read that Edmonton could be slightly cheaper in terms of living cost, but Calgary is busier, and offers a bigger job basket. You need to compare crime rates in both cities, cos I understand Edmonton has a larger gang problem. Just a few tips I culled from what I read about both cities. Best of luck on your final decision.

NAIJA1

Dec 15, 2011
Naija Pikin said:
NAIJA1, you can try posting your question on another thread, or better still do a google search on the two cities.
I am not a landed Naija, I still dey for one Naija creek :D, but I learn't that both cities are good places to raise kids, however, Edmonton has a slightly colder winter. I also read that Edmonton could be slightly cheaper in terms of living cost, but Calgary is busier, and offers a bigger job basket. You need to compare crime rates in both cities, cos I understand Edmonton has a larger gang problem. Just a few tips I culled from what I read about both cities. Best of luck on your final decision.
God bless you Bro. A response like urs makes the difference. Thanks Man and I pray you land pretty soon. Cheers.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Jada said:
Could someone please help me with the immunization form that one needs to fill and sign here before relocating to Canada? The one for kids. Thanks.
Jada, I found this pdf link while doing a google search on children immunization records, should be useful.

http://www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/immunization.pdf

http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p2022.pdf

The first link is more appropriate. Best of luck, sis :)

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
NAIJA1 said:
God bless you Bro. A response like urs makes the difference. Thanks Man and I pray you land pretty soon. Cheers.
Yea Man, I gotta leave the creeks pretty soon :D. Thanks and all the best in Calgary ;)

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Naija pikin and Seglad thank you so so so much! :) :) :-* :)

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Landed Seniors, Pa Oloye, Pa Seglad, Idiana, eggrace, Barsindo, Mogbenga, Shalom, Ify, and all too numerous to mention please save this thread it must not die.

Truth of the matter is that life in Canada is more important than the application process so please dont starve this thread of info. Am not being unmindful of your busy schedule but please paste any relevant document here for us to read.

Many thanks in advance
Tinu

I wrote this in February since the situation has largely remain the same i decided to post it again landed seniors please take note

Babaiyabor

Mar 15, 2012
Calgary SW
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2000
Doc's Request.
04-2002
AOR Received.
03-2002
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
05-2002
Med's Done....
05-2002
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-2002
VISA ISSUED...
06-2002
LANDED..........
06-2002
As a quiet reader of unna message here, I salute unna all!

A bit about myself; Born in Nigeria to both Nigerians, lived in Nigeria till I was 18, moved to England and currently living in Alberta for 10 years. So I have both Canadian and British Citizenship.

If you have any questions blast it right away I will try my optimal best to answer everything as best as I can.

I greet all of unna once again!

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
This is highly resouceful.thanks for starting n sharing

NAIJA1

Dec 15, 2011
Babaiyabor said:
As a quiet reader of unna message here, I salute unna all!

A bit about myself; Born in Nigeria to both Nigerians, lived in Nigeria till I was 18, moved to England and currently living in Alberta for 10 years. So I have both Canadian and British Citizenship.

If you have any questions blast it right away I will try my optimal best to answer everything as best as I can.

I greet all of unna once again!
Hi Babaiyabor a billion thanks for your post . You came at the right time Bro.
Am also part British and part Nigerian. Its great to know dat u are in Alberta. Am a practicing Surgeon based in England. Am hoping to Land later in June @ canada. Where will u advice I land,, Edmonton or Calgary. I learnt that the crime rate in Edmonton is a bit on the rise but I have gotten a place @ downtown Edmonton but have been adviced to look for somewhere else. Will u be kind to advice me on preferable areas to stay in Edmonton? I know little about Edmonton but nothing about Calgary. Your experience of Alberta will be much appreciated.

omi

Nov 1, 2011
Hi Naija1, I am a doctor and plan landing in Calgary in May. What info have you as per medical practice over there?
I look forward to reading from you.

Babaiyabor

Mar 15, 2012
Calgary SW
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2000
Doc's Request.
04-2002
AOR Received.
03-2002
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
05-2002
Med's Done....
05-2002
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-2002
VISA ISSUED...
06-2002
LANDED..........
06-2002
NAIJA1 said:
Hi Babaiyabor a billion thanks for your post . You came at the right time Bro.
Am also part British and part Nigerian. Its great to know dat u are in Alberta. Am a practicing Surgeon based in England. Am hoping to Land later in June @ canada. Where will u advice I land,, Edmonton or Calgary. I learnt that the crime rate in Edmonton is a bit on the rise but I have gotten a place @ downtown Edmonton but have been adviced to look for somewhere else. Will u be kind to advice me on preferable areas to stay in Edmonton? I know little about Edmonton but nothing about Calgary. Your experience of Alberta will be much appreciated.
Calgary will be your best choice, You can do all your exams and registrations smoothly in U of C. Plus, Calgary is a very rich city, neater, quieter and it's got a better weather compared to Edmonton. I don stay for both Edmonton and Calgary before, na small thing the place take better pass Woolwich..lol..(Joking).
But seriously, if you're a registered surgeon with The Royal College of Surgeons of England in the UK, the transition will be better in Calgary. And I trust Naija guys no dey slak! My job currently as an Audit Manager allow me travel everywhere in Canada/US, even some times Ghana...so trust me, Calgary is where it is.