Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Oloye said:
At the airport. This will be asked by the officer that will complete your landing formalities and the amount will be recorded by him. In most cases he won't even count it but it must be declared. By law, you are also supposed to declare to the Nigerian immigration at the checking point at Murtalar Int A/port. In some situations they wont ask (In my case they did not while they asked from my cousin that landed after me and there was no problem as he has over $10k)

Thank you.

Oloye
Is it to only a Nigerian custom officer that funds should be declared to if asked? I ask this because when I went to Accra to pick up the 'ugwu' leaf, a woman behind a desk dressed in casual clothes(but seated beyond the boarding gates) was calling for people to declare funds. I don't know if this will happen when I plan to take off proper but I remember that I was very skeptical of declaring any funds to her. What is the purpose of declaring funds to Nigerian customs,if I may ask?

Kai this child care thing is a money sapper :eek: :eek:

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jada said:
Is it to only a Nigerian custom officer that funds should be declared to if asked? I ask this because when I went to Accra to pick up the 'ugwu' leaf, a woman behind a desk dressed in casual clothes(but seated beyond the boarding gates) was calling for people to declare funds. I don't know if this will happen when I plan to take off proper but I remember that I was very skeptical of declaring any funds to her. What is the purpose of declaring funds to Nigerian customs,if I may ask?

Kai this child care thing is a money sapper :eek: :eek:
Funds are declared to immigration/custom officer (s) and this is at the final checking gate and not at the point of baggage check-in or plane boarding but at the point where you will be told to remove and drop your shoes, belt, wallets and other things that you are holding in a bucket for screening (Note: There are so many officers from different outfits at this point including custom, immigration, SSS, police, NDLEA and others. Some of them are in casual/mufti ), thereafter you will be asked to declare fund. You may just walk on to the boarding gate if you don't have up to $10k, but it is an offense not to declare what you have if above $10k. Generally there is no harm in declaring.

The purpose of declaring fund is for Govt to be able to monitor money in circulation for fiscal and monetary policies and to control/monitor fund movement in order to reduce money laundry menace and terrorism financing

In Canada, fund declaration is to the officer that will complete your landing formalities/registration. Like i said before, in most cases, they do not count the money, he or she will just ask, record it and welcome you to Canada after the formalities.

Other landed Naijas can add to this pls.

Oloye

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Full Documents
Med's Request
12-08-2011, then 16-09-2011 (after adding our new baby)
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
By God's Grace on Sunday 29th April 2012
My Naija People, please, which airline is the cheapest from Lagos to Toronto (one way)? Also, what's the appropriate time to book for a trip that is to take place in May 2012? I have a family of 5. You may equally share your journey experience with the airline that u used. Which one can u recommend?

Thank you for your candid advice.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OOW4CHRIST said:
My Naija People, please, which airline is the cheapest from Lagos to Toronto (one way)? Also, what's the appropriate time to book for a trip that is to take place in May 2012? I have a family of 5. You may equally share your journey experience with the airline that u used. Which one can u recommend?

I have heard people say Alitalia is cheap you can try them. I have always been a KLM customer. The best time to book for flight is now as the more you get closer to May the more the fee.

One way ticket is almost same price as return ticket. I will suggest that you buy a return ticket for your family and open it for a year. Who knows you may have something urgent that may require your attention in Naija-Like chieftancy title lol! ;D

Other landed can add to this pls.

Oloye

aijay

Jan 18, 2012
hey guys,

my name is aijay. U guys are doing a great job on this thread and the other one.

I've been following the thread for a while and its been very useful, thanks guys.

I picked up my visa last month from London and intend landing next month (Feb).

I'm flying in from North Carolina in united states, my husband is coming in from England.

Quick question - how much do I need to have on me on arrival or do I need to carry all the required amount?

Is there any minimum amount? and can anybody please help with how to get a temp. accommodation?

I've been checking kijiji and speaking wt some property owners on the phone but they're all saying I have
to come view it first, which makes sense, but I need a place to put up for a few days then I can sort it out.

The hotels are quite expensive and I don't really know what is where. I need something in the centre of town
wt easy access to transportation and other things.

By the way, I'm landing in Edmonton. Is there anybody on this thread that is over there?
Please help me wt how to get around the city.

thanx a lot everyone, u guys rock.

aijay

Jan 18, 2012
hey,

just thought I'd add this, if you've got a place or know someone who has a place for rent for a few days to a week,

preferably somewhere central, then pls let me know.

my number is +1 919 723 3316. or u can give me urs and I'll call u.

thx guys, u're d best ;)

tito

Feb 10, 2007
OOW4CHRIST said:

Hi..Air France/KLM would be your best bet except if you want to do some merry go round before arriving in Toronto via greyhound or viarail.

There is a promo ongoing right now with KLM (maybe Air France too), you have to book a retun ticket before February 7, 2012 and travel is till June 14, 2012. It cost roughly about $1,000 for the return ticket..you have 5 days to go, better hurry!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Landed Seniors, Pa Oloye, Pa Seglad, Idiana, eggrace, Barsindo, Mogbenga, Shalom, Ify, and all too numerous to mention please save this thread it must not die.

Truth of the matter is that life in Canada is more important than the application process so please dont starve this thread of info. Am not being unmindful of your busy schedule but please paste any relevant document here for us to read.

Many thanks in advance
Tinu

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Supported Gbam.

Ig
tinuadeadebola said:
Landed Seniors, Pa Oloye, Pa Seglad, Idiana, eggrace, Barsindo, Mogbenga, Shalom, Ify, and all too numerous to mention please save this thread it must not die.

Truth of the matter is that life in Canada is more important than the application process so please dont starve this thread of info. Am not being unmindful of your busy schedule but please paste any relevant document here for us to read.

Many thanks in advance
Tinu

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
tinuadeadebola said:

Many thanks in advance
Tinu
I agree with Tinu.

Landed seniors - abeg make una helep keep this thread alive. Biko nu!

Kcsider

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
if you have plans to come to BC, please i hope you like te skilled trades, cos with the $6B contract signed to build ships, pls get into the mix for at least 8years of jobs, like welding,elctrician,plumbers etc. you would be shocked to find out refrigeration techs make so much money here,pls if you can still get some Technical training before landing,do it cos it helps here.

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Full Documents
Med's Request
12-08-2011, then 16-09-2011 (after adding our new baby)
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
By God's Grace on Sunday 29th April 2012
Hi..Air France/KLM would be your best bet except if you want to do some merry go round before arriving in Toronto via greyhound or viarail.

There is a promo ongoing right now with KLM (maybe Air France too), you have to book a retun ticket before February 7, 2012 and travel is till June 14, 2012. It cost roughly about $1,000 for the return ticket..you have 5 days to go, better hurry!
Tito, thank you for your advice. I finally booked for KLM ticket during the promo window.

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
Do one get medical coverage immediately in manitoba

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
dreamteam said:
if you have plans to come to BC, please i hope you like te skilled trades, cos with the $6B contract signed to build ships, pls get into the mix for at least 8years of jobs, like welding,elctrician,plumbers etc. you would be shocked to find out refrigeration techs make so much money here,pls if you can still get some Technical training before landing,do it cos it helps here.
Thanks Dreamteam,

I understand professionals need to sit for and pass professional exams b/4 landing good jobs. Is it really difficult to get an office job like accounts officer, Accountant, etc.? i am not talking of a top notch position but at a starter level.

Kcsider