12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Full Documents
Med's Request
12-08-2011, then 16-09-2011 (after adding our new baby)
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
By God's Grace on Sunday 29th April 2012
Please, if u applied under NOC 3152 and have migrated, were u allowed to register as RN or RPN (or) LPN? I learnt, you need a degree in Nursing before u can be registered as RN. So, in my case, I have diploma in RM & RN in Naija, do I apply for RPN (in Ontario)? Pls, assist me with correct information. Regards.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OOWA4CHRIST
You need a degree to register as an RN in Ontario. If you have 3 year RN diploma from Nigeria. You will register as a RPN. Then, if you like, you can go to York University for 2 years to get your RN degree

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oluism
Most area of weston road is not the best area in Toronto. However, it has a high concentration of Nigerians. I dont think there is anything wrong staying there for just a month. And people stay in this areas and survive too. It all depends on your level. As a general rule, the better the area, the more the price, unless you are staying outside of T.O. 800-900 is reasonable for a one bedroom, 900 - 1050 is reasonable for a two bedroom. Considering the apartment is already furnished and it is short term, if it is a one bedroom or above, I think it may be reasonable.

Owa4christ
I think they allow foods except if it is animal product. For example, I remember coming once from Nigeria and they said they would allow my magi cubes but they wont allow the ones with chicken flavour. Going by this rule, I suggest you confirm with someone about dried fish and cray fish, but the others are fine.

Naija1,
I really dont know the absolute answer to your question, but you may also want to post it on a new discussion forum and title it "xray for a pregnant woman" or something like that. Im sure that someone on canadavisa will be able to answer your question. Another detail, you mention that you are a cardiothoracic surgeon, you should be aware that you will not be able to practice when you get to Canada and the road will be difficult (but some few physicians do make it).

Be blessed everyone.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Femonlyn
You can apply for jobs while you are still in Nigeria. But wait till 2 weeks before you arrive. Most jobs takes around 2 weeks after you apply for them to give you a call. You will need in person interview too. However, the problem lies in you having a Nigeria phone number and Nigerian address on your resume. I think the chances that they will call you with Nigerian address is slim. If you are a Physician, you know the chances of you getting a job a job as a physician within 1 year of being in Canada is 0 or extremely close, unless you have already finished all the exams. You will need to work unskilled labour. But, if you are physically fit and can lift well, you may be able to work as a non emergency ambulance attendant. Some companies hire international medical graduates to transport stable patients from one location to the other. Of course, you need a G drivers license and you also need to complete first aide/cpr training in Canada.

Be blessed

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
OOWA4CHRIST
You need a degree to register as an RN in Ontario. If you have 3 year RN diploma from Nigeria. You will register as a RPN. Then, if you like, you can go to York University for 2 years to get your RN degree
RN,

Thank you for your response. On CNO website, it was said that for RN you need a Degree or equivalent. I have 3years Education in Midwifery and 2 years in Nursing. Does it mean I can still not be able to apply as RN?

Regards,

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

In Canada, midwifery profession is different from the nursing profession. You do not have a bachelors degree. Hence, I am pretty sure they will not register you as a registered nurse. You will be registered as a practical nurse and if you want to become a RN, you can join the program at York University to get your degree. You can still apply for the RN if you like (although its more expensive), but CNO will reply you with an offer for RPN and most likely refer you to the York University Program. Unless your 3 year and 2 year education, you got a degree, which included education in nursing research, nursing leadership and theoretical perspective in nursing.

As I previously said, midwifery is a different profession in Canada. You may want to contact the college of midwives to know what they say about your preparation too. I dont know much about internationally educated midwives

Either way, contact the college of nurses of ontario to verify what I have said as things change often and they have the final say.

Hope this helps.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I have been off for sometime and it is good to be back.

RN has really done justice to all the questions. She Clinically dealt with them lol! To add, CNO will reply you and even give you a letter which you will use to apply in York for a 2 years program. With the RPN offer, you can work and earn pay and the cost of your study in York University can be on OSAP (Govt Loan) though repayable with interest.

At least two of the people in my office went through this process and they are doing great now.

Oloye

opensin

Sep 13, 2011
I appreciate the efforts of all those who have been contributing on this forum for their selflessness and for the great way they have been helping each other.I 've been silently monitoring the contributions.May I respectfully seek clarifications on the issue of my registration with CNO. I am about sending my application now however i just read RN contributions I ve 3year Diploma in Basic Nursing and 1yr post basic in Psychiatric if i pay for RN and later advised that i should go for RPN would they pay me back the excess on the money? Thank you .

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Oloye said:
Hi all,
I have been off for sometime and it is good to be back.

RN has really done justice to all the questions. She Clinically dealt with them lol! To add, CNO will reply you and even give you a letter which you will use to apply in York for a 2 years program. With the RPN offer, you can work and earn pay and the cost of your study in York University can be on OSAP (Govt Loan) though repayable with interest.

At least two of the people in my office went through this process and they are doing great now.

Oloye

Pa Oloye good to hear from you. We do understand your long absence but will appreciate if you can look at the thread more often cause elders advise are not cheap. How are the kids doing? and how is madam and the latest additions? warm regards to them all.

Accra has asked for document updates and we have obliged lets see what they will ask for next.

Cheers
Tinu

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
RN said:
Oluism
Most area of weston road is not the best area in Toronto. However, it has a high concentration of Nigerians. I dont think there is anything wrong staying there for just a month. And people stay in this areas and survive too. It all depends on your level. As a general rule, the better the area, the more the price, unless you are staying outside of T.O. 800-900 is reasonable for a one bedroom, 900 - 1050 is reasonable for a two bedroom. Considering the apartment is already furnished and it is short term, if it is a one bedroom or above, I think it may be reasonable.

Owa4christ
I think they allow foods except if it is animal product. For example, I remember coming once from Nigeria and they said they would allow my magi cubes but they wont allow the ones with chicken flavour. Going by this rule, I suggest you confirm with someone about dried fish and cray fish, but the others are fine.

RN
Many thanks for your wonderful contributions we really do appreciate your effort on this thread. Keep it up and do have a Merry Christmas and Wonderful new year ahead.

Naija1,
I really dont know the absolute answer to your question, but you may also want to post it on a new discussion forum and title it "xray for a pregnant woman" or something like that. Im sure that someone on canadavisa will be able to answer your question. Another detail, you mention that you are a cardiothoracic surgeon, you should be aware that you will not be able to practice when you get to Canada and the road will be difficult (but some few physicians do make it).

Be blessed everyone.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Madam Tinu, we shall always do the little we can to help our fellow Naijas and consult those that know more than we do here in order to provide information for our people.

I pray that Accra speeds up your process on time.

Oloye

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Opensin,
No, they will not pay you back the money. Like Oloye said, they will give you a "letter of direction" which will most likely say you should apply for RPN and go to york university for 2 years to get your degree. My friend who teaches in the program said there are many Nigerians in that program. A lot of people do it. RPNs earn around 22-30 dollars per hour, so its not a bad pay and in most places you can still do all the nursing skills the RN can do including giving injections..

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
Opensin,
No, they will not pay you back the money. Like Oloye said, they will give you a "letter of direction" which will most likely say you should apply for RPN and go to york university for 2 years to get your degree. My friend who teaches in the program said there are many Nigerians in that program. A lot of people do it. RPNs earn around 22-30 dollars per hour, so its not a bad pay and in most places you can still do all the nursing skills the RN can do including giving injections..
RN, Oloye, et al.

I'm more than satisfied with your contributions on this forum. Definitely, I'll start from RPN. I will commence the process before landing. But, who knows how long it takes to complete the process? What are the stages involved in the RPN registration? Thanks and God bless.

opensin

Sep 13, 2011
RN said:
Opensin,

opensin

Sep 13, 2011
RN,sincerely am very grateful for your concern and prompt answer however, my husband has scanned my application to CNO before your reply gets to me. We shall abide their decisions whichever way it goes but I do hope they will not ask me to pay for RPN assesment again.Indeed am very grateful.