+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Thanks Maddam Tinu,
To be honest to you and everybody. I was not the one that paid for the 4300 accommodation, infact the friend/boss who is a canadian is the person paid for the accommodation. I was just thinking since I have two month accomodation being paid for, there is no reasons overstretching myself to get the 4000 that is short on my money. Since I am suppose to use part of the money I am carrying to pay for accommodation and I have evidence of payment for apartment for two month, there shouldnt be any issue. I am actually planning to return after landing. I have discussed it here before.

I have 17,000 now. I dont think I want to distrupt my plan to overstretch myself to get to 20,000 since I have a 2 bedroom apartment which is fully furnished almost like an hotel. This is more conjusive than an accomodation the extra 3000 will get for me. It has everything one needs. All one needs is to bring foodstuffs and cloths. I think a reasonable person should not frown at this arrangement. Except they don't belief the evidence of accomodation payment I have.

Somebody may claim that they did not put accomodation payment as part of the POF. But they also did not specify that POF is part of what is used to admit us. They just said that we should have enough for the number of family members we have. If we dont get accomodation before landing which address are we expected to give for PR card postage at the port of entry. I beleive this should not be an issue for them. I dont think somebody like me who is still returning back should sell car and properties to make up for 3000. Thank you

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
TJ2010 said:
Thanks Maddam Tinu,
To be honest to you and everybody. I was not the one that paid for the 4300 accommodation, infact the friend/boss who is a canadian is the person paying for the accommodation. I was just thinking since I have two month accomodation being paid for, there is no reasons over stretching myself to get the 4000 that is shot on my money. Since I will use the money I am carrying to pay for accommodation. Since I have evidence of payment for apartment for two month, there shouldnt be any issue. I am actually planning to return briefly after landing. I have discussed it here before.

I have 17,000 now. I dont think I want to distrupt my plan to over stretch myself to get to 20,000 since I have a 2 bedroom apartment which is fully furnished as an hotel, which is more conjusive than an accomodation the extra 3000 will get for me. It has everything one needs. All one needs is to bring foodstuff and cloths. I think a reasonable person should not frown at this arrangement. Except they dont beleif the evidence of payment I have.

Somebody may claim that they did not put it as part of the POF. But they also did not specify that POF is part of what is used to admit us. They just said that we should have enough for the number of family member we have. If we dont get accomodation which address are we suppose to give for PR card. I beleive this should not be an issue for them. I dont thing somebody like me who is still coming back briefly should sell car and properties for 3000. Thank you
I think @ TJ2010 may have been completely misunderstood up till now. The issues I believe are as follows:

1. He has a short fall in his POF and is wondering the best way to offer a believable explanation to an immigration official at a POE if confronted with the issue.

2. By way of a plausible explanation, he is wondering whether to use a 2 month fully furnished accommodation gifted by a friend/boss to him as reason for the short fall.

@ TJ 2010, did I do a good job of articulating your thoughts?

If so, I think you may sail through by mentioning the amount you are supposed to be carrying (as advised by CIC) as what you are carrying. From various posts of landed Naijas on this thread and elsewhere, I believe the recurrent thing is that the money is never counted? Please, dear ones correct me if I'm wrong in this.

Moreover, since you will be going with a return ticket, you can always claim you are transferring the rest - in the event of an unlikely prolonged questioning at POE.
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong; as I never land o.

@ Tinu, congrats on the PR card. Yours was probably the fastest I've heard about!!!! Citizenship na next o ;)

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
TJ2010 said:
Thanks Maddam Tinu,
To be honest to you and everybody. I was not the one that paid for the 4300 accommodation, infact the friend/boss who is a canadian is the person paid for the accommodation. I was just thinking since I have two month accomodation being paid for, there is no reasons overstretching myself to get the 4000 that is short on my money. Since I am suppose to use part of the money I am carrying to pay for accommodation and I have evidence of payment for apartment for two month, there shouldnt be any issue. I am actually planning to return after landing. I have discussed it here before.

I have 17,000 now. I dont think I want to distrupt my plan to overstretch myself to get to 20,000 since I have a 2 bedroom apartment which is fully furnished almost like an hotel. This is more conjusive than an accomodation the extra 3000 will get for me. It has everything one needs. All one needs is to bring foodstuffs and cloths. I think a reasonable person should not frown at this arrangement. Except they don't belief the evidence of accomodation payment I have.

Somebody may claim that they did not put accomodation payment as part of the POF. But they also did not specify that POF is part of what is used to admit us. They just said that we should have enough for the number of family members we have. If we dont get accomodation before landing which address are we expected to give for PR card postage at the port of entry. I beleive this should not be an issue for them. I dont think somebody like me who is still returning back should sell car and properties to make up for 3000. Thank you

I have tried to reorganize my thought.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks spokes, baby mart and shaddy, yes spokes i was pleasantly surprised too to see the PR card so early

@ TJ now I get it you also don't blame us you know our brain convert fast so when we hear 600k for one month we can't but react like that!! Back to your situation, since you are coming back after two months please relax and don't other sell anything 17k is good to go worse case Scnerio you tell them you are returning after two months!!!

Cheers man!

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
tinuadeadebola said:
Thanks spokes, baby mart and shaddy, yes spokes i was pleasantly surprised too to see the PR card so early

@ TJ now I get it you also don't blame us you know our brain convert fast so when we hear 600k for one month we can't but react like that!! Back to your situation, since you are coming back after two months please relax and don't other sell anything 17k is good to go worse case Scnerio you tell them you are returning after two months!!!

Cheers man!
Thanks Ma'am
I was really happy when I read that your PR came on 30th day. Congrats. It shows some of us who needs it early should expect it that early.

I am thinking about buying a bankdraft worth of 14,000USD from GTB and hold 3000USD as cash. Will it be easy for me to pay in the bankdraft into an account over there. Please advice me since you guys have landed and have opened accounts over there. How early can one have access to the money after paying the bank draft into a newly opened account.

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
TJ2010 said:
Thanks Ma'am
I was really happy when I read that your PR came on 30th day. Congrats. It shows some of us who needs it early should expect it that early.

I am thinking about buying a bankdraft worth of 14,000USD from GTB and hold 3000USD as cash. Will it be easy for me to pay in the bankdraft into an account over there. Please advice me since you guys have landed and have opened accounts over there. How early can one have access to the money after paying the bank draft into a newly opened account.
@TJ

I will suggest you take more than 3000 in cash, experience with drafts differ, I paid a USD draft in to scotia ba k from my bank (Diamond) to be cleared through Citi Bank NY and it took over 25 days for it to clear, wether the bank just choose to keep it on hold or it actually took that long to clear I cannot say, but other people say they have had a clearing time of about 5 days using a draft from Diamondbank also.

So carry as mush cash as u estimate you will require for one month and take the rest as draft.

Guvcode

Flaky

Apr 11, 2012
My advice to you is to take everything as cash, why?
1. You will pay diamond bank charges for cutting a draft.
2. You will lose a bit of your usd as cad is lower than usd according to the bank's cross rate.
3. It takes days to clear a foreign chq as guvcode rightly started.
There are no 'thieves' in canada unless you are careless with your personal effect, so the earlier one drops the nigerian mentality the better.

People have travelled with tens of thousands of dollars and not a dollar got lost
That's my own take, follow ur heart.

TJ2010 said:

Thanks Ma'am

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
hello where is orire and emo....

jadwig

Star Member
Mar 12, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary is a great place to land and settle especially if you have young kids. It's be easier to advise you if you state what help you need exactly? Cheers.

topeboy said:
Hello people,

We will be landing in Calgary soon. Please we will need all the help and assistance from the landed seniors.

Thanks.

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
@ A Nigerian how are you and the family doing! Are you still coming this March? Please check your pm

@ TJ2010 hmmm mm mm what can I say? It would have been different if you were asking for our view but as it is you have paid already so there is little we can do. Please the friend that helped you paid for this rent is he aware that after payment your POF might not be complete? If yes why did he not help you get a chePer apartment?

As per whether the rent would count as part of proof of fund is at the discretion of the immigration officer, many times they don't even ask to see so you might just walk free but if they do then you might just have to tell them you came with 16,000 and the balance is in account in Nigeria with the hope they won't ask further questions.

Please don't tell them you have spent 8600 on two months rent alone oooooooo remember the POF is suppose to carry you for 6 months meaning the 20k is to be spent on an average of 3200k a month accommodation and other expenses inclusive so you can't defend 8600 for 2 months accomodtion, however if you have enough POF then you can go ahead and pay any amount for rent.

@ all please let's utilise this forum to the maximum and get as much information as we can get so we can make informed decisions at all times. Canada is expensive at least when you have not started earning hence every dime has to be judiciously utilised.

I would not advise a fully or partly furnished apartment for two months for anyone except if the person plans to land, document, collect PR card and then return back to Naija that way a furnished apartment might be okay but even at that please go for cheaper ones!!!

On a lighter note we got our PR Card yesterday it came exactly one month after landing we bless God.

Cheers all
Wow that was fast!!!!I pray ours come earlier too oh cos we plan travelling for a function like 40days after landing....I pray this speed continues oh.Congrats.

MUFU

Mar 6, 2012
Mississauga,ON
Flaky said:
My advice to you is to take everything as cash, why?
1. You will pay diamond bank charges for cutting a draft.
2. You will lose a bit of your usd as cad is lower than usd according to the bank's cross rate.
3. It takes days to clear a foreign chq as guvcode rightly started.
There are no 'thieves' in canada unless you are careless with your personal effect, so the earlier one drops the nigerian mentality the better.

People have travelled with tens of thousands of dollars and not a dollar got lost
That's my own take, follow ur heart.
hmmmm, there is thiefers in canada city o. there is thiefers every wheres. but TJ2010 can carry all the moneys for hand, after all self how many pieces is 17,000 dollar. he can folded it an take cellotape to gum it for him waist if fear is catch him. :p

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
tinuadeadebola said:
@ A Nigerian how are you and the family doing! Are you still coming this March? Please check your pm

@ TJ2010 hmmm mm mm what can I say? It would have been different if you were asking for our view but as it is you have paid already so there is little we can do. Please the friend that helped you paid for this rent is he aware that after payment your POF might not be complete? If yes why did he not help you get a chePer apartment?

As per whether the rent would count as part of proof of fund is at the discretion of the immigration officer, many times they don't even ask to see so you might just walk free but if they do then you might just have to tell them you came with 16,000 and the balance is in account in Nigeria with the hope they won't ask further questions.

Please don't tell them you have spent 8600 on two months rent alone oooooooo remember the POF is suppose to carry you for 6 months meaning the 20k is to be spent on an average of 3200k a month accommodation and other expenses inclusive so you can't defend 8600 for 2 months accomodtion, however if you have enough POF then you can go ahead and pay any amount for rent.

@ all please let's utilise this forum to the maximum and get as much information as we can get so we can make informed decisions at all times. Canada is expensive at least when you have not started earning hence every dime has to be judiciously utilised.

I would not advise a fully or partly furnished apartment for two months for anyone except if the person plans to land, document, collect PR card and then return back to Naija that way a furnished apartment might be okay but even at that please go for cheaper ones!!!

On a lighter note we got our PR Card yesterday it came exactly one month after landing we bless God.

Cheers all
Congratulations once more on your PR card, how time flys, you have already spent one month in canada, before you know it you will be crowned with chieftaincy title ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
MUFU said:
hmmmm, there is thiefers in canada city o. there is thiefers every wheres. but TJ2010 can carry all the moneys for hand, after all self how many pieces is 17,000 dollar. he can folded it an take cellotape to gum it for him waist if fear is catch him. :p
Pa Mufu, your counsel is not wise enough o. It is very easy to cut cellotape now!!!!! I dont think the thiefers in Canada will open eye like Naija thiefers. Bottomline is carry your money TJ2010.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
priceless said:
Wow that was fast!!!!I pray ours come earlier too oh cos we plan travelling for a function like 40days after landing....I pray this speed continues oh.Congrats.
Yes SIS pretty fast!!! Amen to the prayers. Wish you great speed too in all spheres. Cheers