June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
jodav3 said:
Yemosa, You are correct. Their silence is giving us some concerns! We understand the process of settling down is not a child's play but we will always be happy to hear from you.
Lol
We are fine and settling down!!!

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Thank you Madam Tinuade for the response to my query.
I have been able to secure a furnished apartment in Toronto. Thank you.
I want to ask about the kids immunization thing. Do they request for immunization card or doctors signature before accepting kids to day care facilities and if so do you have any idea of important immunization. My kids have completed immunization under NPI program in Nigeria, are there other ones.

About food stuff. Which food stuff do you advice us to take along. My kids are around 3 years of age. They are now taking Nigerian food well.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
TJ2010 said:
Thank you Madam Tinuade for the response to my query.
I have been able to secure a furnished apartment in Toronto. Thank you.
I want to ask about the kids immunization thing. Do they request for immunization card or doctors signature before accepting kids to day care facilities and if so do you have any idea of important immunization. My kids have completed immunization under NPI program in Nigeria, are there other ones.

About food stuff. Which food stuff do you advice us to take along. My kids are around 3 years of age. They are now taking Nigerian food well.
Congrats about the house. For us our kids only did the NPI immunisation nothing more, we printed the immunisation form from one of the cic website can't remember which one now, filled in the info and have a doctor sign it and that's what we gave them at the school I don't know if that applies to day care too.

For food, all I can say is don't pay excess luggage because of food it's not worth it in my personal opinion. Melon (egusi) can be expensive here and peharps beans too but bottom line don't carry to the point of paying so much excess same with clothes the season changes fast so with clothes as what is suitable in winter might not be suitable for spring or summer hence I advise you don't bring too much but again this is my personal opinion might be different from others. Maximise your allowed baggage but no need for excess because of Naija food or Naija clothes!!

All the best

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
I have a question I want to ask. I dont have enough money to carry. I am suppose to carry 20,000 but I have 16,000 after I have paid for accomodation. I have paid for 2 month lodging bill for a furnished 2 bedroom apartment in toronto at the rate of 4300/month already. I want to ask if we are fine with what we have. Can we carry the money in cash. Can the money be in US dollar equivalent. Please advice. Can I tell them I have the whole 20,000 and give explanation if they want to check that I have paid for apartment out of it. Or else should I tell them I have 16,000 with me and give explanation that 2 month accomodation has been paid for already and show them the evidence of payment. What do you suggest I should tell them. Thanks.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
TJ2010,

Did you mean to write $1,300 or the $4,300 is correct? That is over N600,000 naira per month. This is outrageous and outside what we have read about cost of accommodation in different provinces in Canada! Please confirm.

TJ2010 said:
I have a question I want to ask. I dont have enough money to carry. I am suppose to carry 20,000 but I have 16,000 after I have paid for accomodation. I have paid for 2 month lodging bill for a furnished 2 bedroom apartment in toronto at the rate of 4300/month already. I want to ask if we are fine with what we have. Can we carry the money in cash. Can the money be in US dollar equivalent. Please advice. Can I tell them I have the whole 20,000 and give explanation if they want to check that I have paid for apartment out of it. Or else should I tell them I have 16,000 with me and give explanation that 2 month accomodation has been paid for already and show them the evidence of payment. What do you suggest I should tell them. Thanks.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:
I am sure you mean 1300 for the apartment which is not bad considering that it is a furnished one.
As per POF: With $16,000 you are good to go. They do not count the money in fact, they will not look at it. Just tell them what you brought and let them know that you are transferring the rest soon.

My friend with 4 children landed BC with less than $12,000 and he scalled through without any stress.

PM Replied.

Oloye

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
jodav3 said:
TJ2010,

Did you mean to write $1,300 or the $4,300 is correct? That is over N600,000 naira per month. This is outrageous and outside what we have read about cost of accommodation in different provinces in Canada! Please confirm.
Its 4300, not 1300. It depends on the province, area in the province and the facility that comes with the apartment. This is a fully furnished apartment. You only need your cloth and foods stuff. Everything is there. It more like an hotel.s It being paid for by a friend who is working in Canada.
Dont be scare there are very good apartment with just 500 to 750 per month with minimal facilities you can not get in most state in Nigeria. Houses are expensive in canada no doubt. But then dont forget that some amenities come with the apartment that either we dont have or is not regularly available with apartments in Nigeria e.g internet, light, water etc are constant. Thanks.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:
TJ

$4300 per month, do you mean $4300 for the two months!!!!

If this is $4300 for the 2 months then, I will agree that at 2150 per month you are okay but a bit on the high side. However, if you mean $4300 per month, I will ask you say the place na white house or what!

Please look into this to make sure you're not being .............

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
ANigerian said:
TJ

$4300 per month, do you mean $4300 for the two months!!!!

If this is $4300 for the 2 months then, I will agree that at 2150 per month you are okay but a bit on the high side. However, if you mean $4300 per month, I will ask you say the place na white house or what!

Please look into this to make sure you're not being .............
I am not be duped. Its the truth. It in toronto at stewart street. I can give you the website. If you want to check. There are more expensive apartment. Its being run like an hotel.
Please help answer the query. Ignore the 4300.
Chech here for the apartment and price. http://www.bjptours.com/55_Stewart_Street_Suite_731.html
Also check kijijiji.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:
I am not be duped. Its the truth. It in toronto at stewart street. I can give you the website. If you want to check. There are more expensive apartment. Its being run like an hotel.
Please help answer the query. Ignore the 4300.
Chech here for the apartment and price. http://www.bjptours.com/55_Stewart_Street_Suite_731.html
Also check kijijiji.
TJ

My apologies if you feel that I was being critical..............

As per the landing POF, it is always better to be on the safe side and have the full amount (this is my opinion). The border agents have discretion in whether they will allow you count the rent payment as part of your POF.

Wishing you safe landing!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
@ A Nigerian how are you and the family doing! Are you still coming this March? Please check your pm

@TJ2010 hmmm mm mm what can I say? It would have been different if you were asking for our view but as it is you have paid already so there is little we can do. Please the friend that helped you paid for this rent is he aware that after payment your POF might not be complete? If yes why did he not help you get a chePer apartment?

As per whether the rent would count as part of proof of fund is at the discretion of the immigration officer, many times they don't even ask to see so you might just walk free but if they do then you might just have to tell them you came with 16,000 and the balance is in account in Nigeria with the hope they won't ask further questions.

Please don't tell them you have spent 8600 on two months rent alone oooooooo remember the POF is suppose to carry you for 6 months meaning the 20k is to be spent on an average of 3200k a month accommodation and other expenses inclusive so you can't defend 8600 for 2 months accomodtion, however if you have enough POF then you can go ahead and pay any amount for rent.

@all please let's utilise this forum to the maximum and get as much information as we can get so we can make informed decisions at all times. Canada is expensive at least when you have not started earning hence every dime has to be judiciously utilised.

I would not advise a fully or partly furnished apartment for two months for anyone except if the person plans to land, document, collect PR card and then return back to Naija that way a furnished apartment might be okay but even at that please go for cheaper ones!!!

On a lighter note we got our PR Card yesterday it came exactly one month after landing we bless God.

Cheers all

topeboy

Aug 5, 2010
Hello people,

We will be landing in Calgary soon. Please we will need all the help and assistance from the landed seniors.

Thanks.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
@ Maam Tinu,tnx for d addvice on accomodation and BIG congrats on your PR card!!
Cheers!

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
@ A Nigerian how are you and the family doing! Are you still coming this March? Please check your pm

@ TJ2010 hmmm mm mm what can I say? It would have been different if you were asking for our view but as it is you have paid already so there is little we can do. Please the friend that helped you paid for this rent is he aware that after payment your POF might not be complete? If yes why did he not help you get a chePer apartment?

As per whether the rent would count as part of proof of fund is at the discretion of the immigration officer, many times they don't even ask to see so you might just walk free but if they do then you might just have to tell them you came with 16,000 and the balance is in account in Nigeria with the hope they won't ask further questions.

Please don't tell them you have spent 8600 on two months rent alone oooooooo remember the POF is suppose to carry you for 6 months meaning the 20k is to be spent on an average of 3200k a month accommodation and other expenses inclusive so you can't defend 8600 for 2 months accomodtion, however if you have enough POF then you can go ahead and pay any amount for rent.

@ all please let's utilise this forum to the maximum and get as much information as we can get so we can make informed decisions at all times. Canada is expensive at least when you have not started earning hence every dime has to be judiciously utilised.

I would not advise a fully or partly furnished apartment for two months for anyone except if the person plans to land, document, collect PR card and then return back to Naija that way a furnished apartment might be okay but even at that please go for cheaper ones!!!

On a lighter note we got our PR Card yesterday it came exactly one month after landing we bless God.

Cheers all
congratulation on the receipt of your pr card.i wish you the best...please how much is partly furnished accommodation around GTA area especially 2bedroom.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinuadeadebola said:
Mama T

That is the plan, trying to source a good ticket for before or shortly after easter! The family will be coming in after the school closes in Naija for the year in June!

Regards to your people!