June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Landed Seniors,

Please we would appreciate if you guys can share some information. For instance, i have read about the monthly cost of living in Canada from other thread but this amounts are usually stated in Indian currency hence difficult to understand. Tito, Boljet, Barsindo, lukeke and other naijas that have landed can you please share this info?

We would like to have an idea of how much on the average can a family of 4 live on for a month or better still how much we should try and save to last us for first 6 months?

I also read on other thread about advantages and disadvantages of various cities and best cities to land and we would like to hear your views.

We know you guys are very busy now but if you could drop a line or two during your free time it would do us a lot of good

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
congrats Tinu,nice to hear you sound positive and encouraging someone else.was in Vancouver today and even though it rained and was cold (affected me little) i kind of like it,it is very challenging and i thrive on that with God on my side,but i must tell you there are definitely more opportunities there,i'd rather stay in a room in Vancouver or Burnaby than a whole flat in the suburbs.the skytrain not bad,even though i was there when rush hour had eased off,but for a focussed person,it won't stop you from achieving ur aims,day pass was $9 which included bus and train within Vancouver even upto Surrey,not bad,this land has goodies,let's just take it one step at a time.it will bring out the winner in most of us.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
dreamteam said:
congrats Tinu,nice to hear you sound positive and encouraging someone else.was in Vancouver today and even though it rained and was cold (affected me little) i kind of like it,it is very challenging and i thrive on that with God on my side,but i must tell you there are definitely more opportunities there,i'd rather stay in a room in Vancouver or Burnaby than a whole flat in the suburbs.the skytrain not bad,even though i was there when rush hour had eased off,but for a focussed person,it won't stop you from achieving ur aims,day pass was $9 which included bus and train within Vancouver even upto Surrey,not bad,this land has goodies,let's just take it one step at a time.it will bring out the winner in most of us.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
My people,

Congrats to everyone who received their aor recently. Please remember that the 2nd stage is more crucial than the first. please your duties should be well spelt out, on letter headed and signed by your immediate boss or personnel officer. Please dont copy the exact duties on CIC websites try and rewrite them in your own words. Remember to include a complimentary card of the person signing your reference letter and please write a very good cover letter .

Arrange your document very well and label them accordingly and where necessary attach a list of all the appendices. Try and arrange them category by category as stated in the check list and attach a copy of the checklist. If you are stuck please ask question and any member would be glad to assist.

best of luck to you all

tito

Feb 10, 2007
tinuadeadebola said:
Landed Seniors,

Please we would appreciate if you guys can share some information. For instance, i have read about the monthly cost of living in Canada from other thread but this amounts are usually stated in Indian currency hence difficult to understand. Tito, Boljet, Barsindo, lukeke and other naijas that have landed can you please share this info?

We would like to have an idea of how much on the average can a family of 4 live on for a month or better still how much we should try and save to last us for first 6 months?

I also read on other thread about advantages and disadvantages of various cities and best cities to land and we would like to hear your views.

We know you guys are very busy now but if you could drop a line or two during your free time it would do us a lot of good
I have put all of my "life history" at the link below long ago..not sure there is more to add except if there are specific questions not already covered. It is boring if we have to repeat the story, hopefully, folks are preparing properly for the move.
All the best!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/naija-aluta-continua-t26089.0.html

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks tito for yours above. Am sure a lot of things have happened between then and now and you need to update us. You can speak on employment generally maybe for the banks, public service or even accountants generally?

I must confess that my geatest fear is the kids. From what you have seen around is it possible for our kids not to lose it? i mean when i travel i see kids doing all sorts smoking, indecent dressing, very rude behavious sexual activities even at a tender age to mention a few. I am worried becuase i know the society there can easily corrupt ones kid and i learnt you dont have liberty to discipline over there like in naija so wont the kids behave like the average white kid? please you guys should not misunderstand me i know we are in the 21st century but if what is happening in southeast london where a lot of blacks are domiciled is anything to go by then every parent has to be concerned.

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Landed Seniors,

I noticed I'm listed among those who have already landed! Our timeline na almost same o. Never mind, by the grace of God, this time next year (after I must have landed...officially) I'll surely contribute to this thread. Meanwhile let me say kudos to you for your thoughtfulness in starting the thread.

Cheers.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Tiniu,

The bible says ''TEACH YOUR CHILD THE WAY OF THE LORD AND HE WOULD NEVER DEPART FROM IT.Do your path by instilling discipline into the life of your kids and worry less about those other kids.You have to be positive about this am repeating again and again,DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE REPORT YOU ARE HEARING OR SEEING BUT BELIEVE IN THE REPORT OF THE LORD AND DO NOT BE MOVED BY WHAT YOU SEE OR HEAR.

My 2cent.

Ig

Reactions: Femie

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
tinu,there are options,all based on what Ig has said,look,if you live in BC,you could do home school for the children,means you don't work,ur hubby works.then i want to let you know something,what you are scared of is already scared of you.chill my sister,you are funny,when u were expecting ur AOR,ur focus was different,now u have it and see hope on the horizon,you are thinking school,in all you have faith,that's why you are planning ahead for school.it shall be rewarded, your faith ie.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
if you know nurses,tell them to go and find out about licence requiremnts in those far places,PEI,Manitoba<new Brunswick,and all,they are more accomodating

tito

Feb 10, 2007
tinuadeadebola said:
Thanks tito for yours above. Am sure a lot of things have happened between then and now and you need to update us. You can speak on employment generally maybe for the banks, public service or even accountants generally?

I must confess that my geatest fear is the kids. From what you have seen around is it possible for our kids not to lose it? i mean when i travel i see kids doing all sorts smoking, indecent dressing, very rude behavious sexual activities even at a tender age to mention a few. I am worried becuase i know the society there can easily corrupt ones kid and i learnt you dont have liberty to discipline over there like in naija so wont the kids behave like the average white kid? please you guys should not misunderstand me i know we are in the 21st century but if what is happening in southeast london where a lot of blacks are domiciled is anything to go by then every parent has to be concerned.
Hi Tinu,
You are correct, a lot have happened but not in the areas of employment...I did mentioned that I wont be seeking formal employment. Most of the jobs I saw don't offer much in terms of salary..I have other ventures that are more rewarding and fulfilling.

Kids can lose it anywhere and do lose it if the freedom is not controlled and communication not properly handled...child psychology is a wide field but raising kids is dependent a whole lot on the parents esp in the areas of guidance. I believe in prayer but God doesn't "sweep floors", so you have to work at raising your kids properly and present God with something He can bless.
I am not for imposing opinions but I do smack my kids in Canada when they cross the line and I also withdraw privileges to register displeasure..believe me, they do get the message loud and clear. I will do the bit I can but they will grow up to make their choices, hopefully, I would have done a good job to enable them make choices that are Godly so they can help humanity.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tito said:
Hi Tinu,
You are correct, a lot have happened but not in the areas of employment...I did mentioned that I wont be seeking formal employment. Most of the jobs I saw don't offer much in terms of salary..I have other ventures that are more rewarding and fulfilling.

Kids can lose it anywhere and do lose it if the freedom is not controlled and communication not properly handled...child psychology is a wide field but raising kids is dependent a whole lot on the parents esp in the areas of guidance. I believe in prayer but God doesn't "sweep floors", so you have to work at raising your kids properly and present God with something He can bless.
I am not for imposing opinions but I do smack my kids in Canada when they cross the line and I also withdraw privileges to register displeasure..believe me, they do get the message loud and clear. I will do the bit I can but they will grow up to make their choices, hopefully, I would have done a good job to enable them make choices that are Godly so they can help humanity.
Chrmn Tito well said.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
igbehinadara said:
Tiniu,

The bible says ''TEACH YOUR CHILD THE WAY OF THE LORD AND HE WOULD NEVER DEPART FROM IT.Do your path by instilling discipline into the life of your kids and worry less about those other kids.You have to be positive about this am repeating again and again,DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE REPORT YOU ARE HEARING OR SEEING BUT BELIEVE IN THE REPORT OF THE LORD AND DO NOT BE MOVED BY WHAT YOU SEE OR HEAR.

My 2cent.

Ig

My dear, its not worry par se. Maybe i was not able to construct my thought well in words but you see am one big believer of searching for enough information and knowledge before embarking on any venture. I want to get as much info as i can get to enable me make an informed decision. When i share my thought, worry concern or even fear, i get responses that helps to overcome some of this thoughts and help prepare one for the future ahead. I must confess that relocating is not an easy decision to make for me i dont know about others hence i seem to ask a lot of questions. One part of me cant wait to be in canada but another part is saying baby do you really think this is best for you? so my people there is a big fight inside me and this thread has been a big support hence i run to you guys again and again.

Ig, i do my best to raise this kids in a Godly way not forgeting what the bible expects from me as a believer but one cant but ponder over this things abi my sister?

have a great weekend

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
dreamteam said:
tinu,there are options,all based on what Ig has said,look,if you live in BC,you could do home school for the children,means you don't work,ur hubby works.then i want to let you know something,what you are scared of is already scared of you.chill my sister,you are funny,when u were expecting ur AOR,ur focus was different,now u have it and see hope on the horizon,you are thinking school,in all you have faith,that's why you are planning ahead for school.it shall be rewarded, your faith ie.
Dreamteam thanks for your advise. my brother you dont know the closer this thing becomes the higher your concern? now that its coming nearer and is looking like this VISA would land soon one is now weighing all the options and asking questions. I thank you for your response and i really want you to know that its not as bad as i make you guys feel. My eldest daughter is 8 and at her age i have with all sense of humility thought her somethings i know will remain with her for life. I have consciously raised her up in the fear of God and respect for seniors and good manners in general but i know the society there is different from ours hence my concern.

Thanks my brother

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Tinu,

I quite appreciate you concern and worry about the kids hey God is in control.Children of God don't worry but call upon God in times of distress.Have got 3 boys and I know God will never let them go with the crowd.Amen.God is wt you Tinu.

Ig