06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
Hi Folks,

My mother landed last month on October 23rd at the Pacific Border Crossing in BC.
However, her CIC status is still showing "Decision Made" and the last update was:
"6. We sent you correspondence on October 3, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

While her E-cas shows:
Final decision This application has been approved

I find it very odd. Shouldn't it show that she has landed at Pacific Border Crossing on October 23 etc....?

I have a funny feeling that the officer at the border did not submit my mom paper accordingly.
I have been waiting for her permanent residence card as she left Canada to go back home for 2 months. If I don't receive the PR card then, she won't be able to return to Canada without the PR Card.
I'm really worry now.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
She has her papers with her right? She should go ahead and apply for a PRTD (PR Travel Document) from the embassy/consulate in the country where she is now. Not even 60 days has passed since landing.

Don't worry about ECAS, 'Decision Made' is the last status that you will see in there.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
broham said:
I find it very odd. Shouldn't it show that she has landed at Pacific Border Crossing on October 23 etc....?
no, there is no guarantee ECAS is updated after landing. many people still have "in process" as a status after landing. ECAS means nothing. she landed, has a signed paper, she is a pr. it can take months for a PR Card to arrive, so she is not outside the norm.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
Thank you for your reply.
Just when I was curious about it, this morning my mom received the following email from IRCC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada)
I think they must have just received her paperwork and started processing her PR card. But to be on the safe side, I'll get her to apply for PR travel document from our home country to ensure that she will be allowed back in in February.

===========================
Hello,

Our records show that you may be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada. This email is a reminder that you must present your valid Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada.

Canadian permanent residents who do not present a valid PR card or PRTD may be denied boarding their flight to Canada for not having the appropriate travel documents.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside of Canada. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card is expired or will expire within six months, you should apply now to renew your card.

If you are in Canada and do not currently have a permanent resident card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident card.
If you are outside of Canada and do not have a PR card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).

Plan ahead and check the processing times to receive a valid PR card or PRTD before your next international trip.

Please note that if you believe you no longer meet Canada’s permanent residency requirements, your permanent resident status must be resolved before you can apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For example, if you choose to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status, you can then apply for an eTA or a visa. Learn more about your residency requirements and your options as a permanent resident of Canada.

We encourage you to share this information with your family and friends as we want to avoid Canadian permanent residents experiencing travel delays because they don’t have the appropriate travel document to board a flight to Canada.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The email your mother received was sent to everyone who is a PR on CIC's records and where they have an email address. It wasn't directed to her specifically.

ECAS took almost two months to update after my husband landed. You're worrying needlessly. It's perfectly normal for ECAS to be behind.