waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in Vancouver February 2011 (target)
bottomless_appetite said:
Welcome to Canada Apache. I hope you will love it here as much as I do.

Imbubbles, I hope you stay out of Surrey. It is one place i would not want to. Yes, it is cheap to live there, but it is dangerous for me. I had a bad experience in Surrey and would never come back again. Be careful of the Surrey Skytrain Station. Welcome to Canada, soon. ;)
Hi bottomless! thanks for the post, i appreciate it a lot! do you mind telling me your experience? I heard mixed opinions about surrey, but what i want to hear is how safe or dangerous it is to live in. My hubby's cousin lives in Surrey that's why we're staying there until we get a place of our own, but that would depend on where we're going to find a job. so pls if you dont mind sharing about ur experience? and if you think the skytrain area is not a safe place, can you recommend a place near surrey? thank :)

apache

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
04 Jun 2009
File Transfer...
09 Jun 2009
Med's Request
15 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
20 Jan, 29 Jan
Passport Req..
13 May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2010
we haven't really explored vancouver yet. we still have a few days to do so. i'll give you feedback as soon as i have. but so far, my experience has been good. for one, most of the drivers are good mannered. its a far cry from my experiences in saudi arabia :) 3 days already, and i still haven't heard a horn being honked on the street. strange eh??? :)

bottomless_appetite

Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
4131, 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug.13 '09
Doc's Request.
Oct.2, '09
AOR Received.
Jan 7 '10
Med's Request
Feb.14,'10
Med's Done....
Feb.25,'10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apri 21, 10
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: May 11, 2010
Oh yeah, as long as your husband's cousin lives there, you can stay there for the meantime. but be very extra careful. I know Surrey is a big place and there are places who are safe but most are unsafe. Surrey Skytrain Station is very dangerous, I wouldnt go on there. LRT in Quiapo is much safer. But i am not trying to scare you here, i just want you to be extra careful.

If you would like the City life, go to downtown vancouver, north vancouver albeit expensive to live there. But I dont like the city life, I have lived in the city all my life, i have been sick of the noise. And houses are kinda small too, apartment buildings are very common.

I live in the country side/suburb. I LOVE it here, i can see the mountains, i can hear the birds and the roads are very much wider. I live within the Tricities Area and I would highly recommend it. If you can find a job nearby, I would advise you to move here. (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge) Life is simple and you can bond with your family. Do you have kids coming along? I am in the area where schools (elementary and high school) are very close.

And oh, I just would not like to share my BAD EXPERIENCE in Surrey. but just pray and be very extra careful. Welcome soon to Canada.

zecdojojo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Congratulation apache, well i will be landing too in Vancouver by november but still looking for a house, how did you succeded in getting a house. Please i will appreciate any help on this aspect

lpntocanada

Star Member
Aug 9, 2010
Oh yeah, as long as your husband's cousin lives there, you can stay there for the meantime. but be very extra careful. I know Surrey is a big place and there are places who are safe but most are unsafe. Surrey Skytrain Station is very dangerous, I wouldnt go on there. LRT in Quiapo is much safer. But i am not trying to scare you here, i just want you to be extra careful.

If you would like the City life, go to downtown vancouver, north vancouver albeit expensive to live there. But I dont like the city life, I have lived in the city all my life, i have been sick of the noise. And houses are kinda small too, apartment buildings are very common.

I live in the country side/suburb. I LOVE it here, i can see the mountains, i can hear the birds and the roads are very much wider. I live within the Tricities Area and I would highly recommend it. If you can find a job nearby, I would advise you to move here. (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge) Life is simple and you can bond with your family. Do you have kids coming along? I am in the area where schools (elementary and high school) are very close.

And oh, I just would not like to share my BAD EXPERIENCE in Surrey. but just pray and be very extra careful. Welcome soon to Canada.
Hi! How about the area by the Guildford mall? I rented a place for 6 months in that area. I have 2 teenage boys so hoping it will not be festered with gangs. Any info is appreciated. ;D

Ining

Jan 24, 2009
Hi All,

We've just landed here in Surrey, BC last June 8....and for those asking if it is safe? Yes, it is. ;>

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
hi,

anybody got experience or idea about Burnaby area ?

thanks for your inputs.

canadp

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
March 13, 2010 (June 7 "In Process")
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
July 02, 2010 (sent July16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
apache said:
we haven't really explored vancouver yet. we still have a few days to do so. i'll give you feedback as soon as i have. but so far, my experience has been good. for one, most of the drivers are good mannered. its a far cry from my experiences in saudi arabia :) 3 days already, and i still haven't heard a horn being honked on the street. strange eh??? :)
or maybe there's no reason for them to do it? .. everyones disciplined :D

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Oh my! Surrey Skytrain Station being compared to not-so-safe LRT in Quiapo that means it's dangerous nga! I'll keep that in mind..thank you. i hope my cousin-in-law doesn't live anywhere near that place.

hmm bottomless, how long did you find a job? are you working in Coquitlam? How's public transportation there? how about job availabilities? i've heard nice things about Coquitlam and i would love to check it out as soon as we have time when we land.

BTW, we dont have kids yet... its just me and hubby :)

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Ining said:
Hi All,

We've just landed here in Surrey, BC last June 8....and for those asking if it is safe? Yes, it is. ;>
hi Ining! where in Surrey are you? are you renting your own place? are you near public transpo? how about job availabilities in your area? thanks :)

bottomless_appetite

Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
4131, 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug.13 '09
Doc's Request.
Oct.2, '09
AOR Received.
Jan 7 '10
Med's Request
Feb.14,'10
Med's Done....
Feb.25,'10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apri 21, 10
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: May 11, 2010
Coquitlam is lovely. Although I dont live there, I live kinda near coquitlam. I searched job everywhere and enjoyed the process. I am sticking to the job which hired me and I love it here.

I started a thread, "buying a car". I have shared some of my experiences there. ;)

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Coquitlam is lovely. Although I dont live there, I live kinda near coquitlam. I searched job everywhere and enjoyed the process. I am sticking to the job which hired me and I love it here.

I started a thread, "buying a car". I have shared some of my experiences there. ;)
have red your experience and it's an inspiration.. cant wait to finally land in canada and maybe we can get to me sometime. :)

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
apache said:
That's nice to hear: the same road courtesy in the US. As long as you do not commit a grave mistake on the road, nobody is going to honk a horn at you.

Ining

Jan 24, 2009
@imbubbles,

Were here @90avenue 147st. Yes we are near transportation but we have bought a car on our 2nd day here so we don't commute unless needed. Just renting a basement house here. Are u in Surrey as well? where here? I'm working since 1.5 months ago.