+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in Vancouver

m.shirinezhad

Jun 19, 2013
hi
congratulations. wish you happy time in VA .
how is the job market there . specialty for Construction occupations and mechanical hvac engineers .

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My favorite Greek food is Stepho's on Davie Street. If you like sushi, especially all-you-can-eat, go to Shabusen on Burrard St.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
Regarding bank account you should have chosen Scotia or CIBC as they are offering free banking services for one year for new immigrants plus unsecured credit card. RBC is offering free services for 6 months for new immigrants..But as you done it already so its ok any way.......How about health card? Have you applied for one?
Cannot complain about RBC, offered credit cards, too, plus bank safe and some other things. SIN has been ordered, and applied for MSP as well.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m.shirinezhad said:
hi
congratulations. wish you happy time in VA .
how is the job market there . specialty for Construction occupations and mechanical hvac engineers .
Thanks a lot, but I do not know. However, there are a LOT of building sites everywhere.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
My favorite Greek food is Stepho's on Davie Street. If you like sushi, especially all-you-can-eat, go to Shabusen on Burrard St.
I see.. know Stepho's, just a shame you have to queue up to get a table there. Whenever I walk past that one you see 10, 15 people waiting.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
Hi Mike,

Hope you are having a good time in Vancouver. How about job search ? Have you made a resume and have something in mind what to look for or whats your plans? This will be the toughest challange you face..
Thanks for asking, all is sorted and under control. I had almost 3 years to prepare and make connections. Next week will be full with meeting people that are expecting me to drop in. So fingers crossed..Otherwise I have to extend my holidays.. ;D

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikenz said:
Thanks for asking, all is sorted and under control. I had almost 3 years to prepare and make connections. Next week will be full with meeting people that are expecting me to drop in. So fingers crossed..Otherwise I have to extend my holidays.. ;D
Thats good to know..Good luck with your job search... :)