+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in Vancouver

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, the wife, the cat and myself landed in Vancouver today. After collecting the luggage we queued up for about an hour, then it was our turn. The immigration officer asked for passports and the COPR. That was it. Then we were asked to be seated and 3 minutes later we signed the COPR and were wished a nice time in Canada.

No proof of funds, no list with goods to follow, no nothing. Took 5 minutes the process.

Feels nice, but dead tired now..glad we have a nice apartment near False Creek, awesome views..

MikeNZ

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikenz said:
Okay, the wife, the cat and myself landed in Vancouver today. After collecting the luggage we queued up for about an hour, then it was our turn. The immigration officer asked for passports and the COPR. That was it. Then we were asked to be seated and 3 minutes later we signed the COPR and were wished a nice time in Canada.

No proof of funds, no list with goods to follow, no nothing. Took 5 minutes the process.

Feels nice, but dead tired now..glad we have a nice apartment near False Creek, awesome views..

MikeNZ
Congratulations bud!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well if you have goods to follow, then you must go to visit the CBSA office in downtown and submit the form before your things arrive in the port of Vancouver.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Well if you have goods to follow, then you must go to visit the CBSA office in downtown and submit the form before your things arrive in the port of Vancouver.
Correct..Its your job to ask CBSA officer at airport to sign and stamp goods to carry and goods to follow list. Otherwise any body can come out of airport with out declaring any thing...

congrats on landing any way.......Watch for PR card now...exchange driving license, apply for health card, get SIN no ,bank account etc..good luck.....

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After being here 6 days, most tasks have been done. Driver's license done, RBC account done, SIN done. Will be relaxing this weekend, probably go to Granville Island or North Vancouver for brunch. The apartment is lovely, with sea views and very convenient to anything downtown. It is just marvelous, I really really love it here. ;D

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
Congratulations :)
for how much you rented an apartment? would you like to give us some guidance about costs of different things when you landed.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, sure, I pay $2400 per month, downtown Vancouver with internet, phone, hydro included. So probably not your average circumstances.

Changing my drivers license cost $31.00. Eating out mostly since this is cheaper for me than buying groceries and cooking at home.

Car insurance will be roughly $120 a month with maximum discount, $9.75 is a day pass for skytrain, buses, and seabus. Other than that did not come across any problems. It is really awesome here.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
mikenz said:
Well, sure, I pay $2400 per month, downtown Vancouver with internet, phone, hydro included. So probably not your average circumstances.

Changing my drivers license cost $31.00. Eating out mostly since this is cheaper for me than buying groceries and cooking at home.

Car insurance will be roughly $120 a month with maximum discount, $9.75 is a day pass for skytrain, buses, and seabus. Other than that did not come across any problems. It is really awesome here.
One of things i love of eat out in Van is the sushi so fresh, good and cheap

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tell me about it.. love Sushi, well, love all Asian food. Went for Thai on Davie St the other night, yummi. Certainly is foody paradise for me.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
mikenz said:
tell me about it.. love Sushi, well, love all Asian food. Went for Thai on Davie St the other night, yummi. Certainly is foody paradise for me.
one of my favourite sushi places in Van is Sushigo in Robson close to the waterfront
thats my main place to eat every time I visit

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mike,

Hope you are having a good time in Vancouver. How about job search ? Have you made a resume and have something in mind what to look for or whats your plans? This will be the toughest challange you face..

kiala

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
mikenz said:

awesome as long as you have good money.. ;D

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikenz said:
After being here 6 days, most tasks have been done. Driver's license done, RBC account done, SIN done. Will be relaxing this weekend, probably go to Granville Island or North Vancouver for brunch. The apartment is lovely, with sea views and very convenient to anything downtown. It is just marvelous, I really really love it here. ;D
Regarding bank account you should have chosen Scotia or CIBC as they are offering free banking services for one year for new immigrants plus unsecured credit card. RBC is offering free services for 6 months for new immigrants..But as you done it already so its ok any way.......How about health card? Have you applied for one?