Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
So the process that started back in 2007 has come to pass.It's 10 days today since landing in Canada. The process has all along been very smooth. Within the 10 days,I have managed to secure a rental apartment,acquired the health insurance cards,The social card numbers,a house phone/internet/TV cable connection & a non secured credit card. I still feel I am so new but i guess soon I'll get assimilated into the system. As for the jobs,no luck so far. I have made several online applications but no response. Yesterday,I applied to work as a volunteer in an administrative capacity..This one I got a reply but not an invitation since it was basically asking the reasons for applying a volunteer job instead of a paid one. I gave out my reasons & now waiting.

I have noted,Canada is expensive especially when not at paid work.So I'd say hold on tight to that dollar!!..You'll need it while here during the initial stages!..Wishing all those waiting...Good Luck!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Re: landed in vancouver then proceeded to Edmonton

A warm welcome to Canada, Tonny. Hope you get the volunteer job and that it will help you network into something with a salary soon. Someone else was posting today and asking about Calgary...hope they find your post. Good Luck and WELCOME HOME!

Can10

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Dear tonnyinchina

Can you tell is what is your profession. I observed on this forum that IT professionals are getting jobs without much wait.

Warm regards.

shahzadm2

Sep 9, 2010
..tony my frnd...
can you tel us a little about how Edmonton is??and why did u decide to go to Edmonton...how is the weather there these days??and how is the city..??

tonnyinchina said:
So the process that started back in 2007 has come to pass.It's 10 days today since landing in Canada. The process has all along been very smooth. Within the 10 days,I have managed to secure a rental apartment,acquired the health insurance cards,The social card numbers,a house phone/internet/TV cable connection & a non secured credit card. I still feel I am so new but i guess soon I'll get assimilated into the system. As for the jobs,no luck so far. I have made several online applications but no response. Yesterday,I applied to work as a volunteer in an administrative capacity..This one I got a reply but not an invitation since it was basically asking the reasons for applying a volunteer job instead of a paid one. I gave out my reasons & now waiting.

I have noted,Canada is expensive especially when not at paid work.So I'd say hold on tight to that dollar!!..You'll need it while here during the initial stages!..Wishing all those waiting...Good Luck!!