Med's Done....
25-Jan-12, meds received line - 19Feb12
Passport Req..
5-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
9-Mar-2012, collected 15-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012 hopefully....
Finally, have completed the landing at Toronto Pearson.

All finished in just 5 mins.

The story goes....

I am a single applicant and arrived in Toronto last Tuesday in the afternoon. It wasnt peak time and there was no crowd. Reached the immigration desk and they signed my customs form and sent me to the immigration room.

There was just a couple of people ahead of me and soon I was called. They ask me where I was coming form and for COPR.

Asked me how much money I was brining with me (I had 5000 pounds and since it was less than 10k I didnt declare it on custom form. She asked me how much I will tranfer further more and i told her that I am not going to transfer any right now but later. None the less, I was asked to tell the whole amount.

I would suiggest at this point you can say the highest amout you can possibly bring as there will be no tax implication. I told her the actual amount which is quite modest. Dont think she made a note of it and didnt ask for any proof (i had the proof - bank statement etc).

I was ready with my small list of goods with me and later list but wasnt asked for it.

Thats it. Signed the form and was then sent to the welcome counter where they gave me brochures and reading stuff for starting life in Canada in a nice bag. Felt like I was in a marketing conference with the bag.

Anyway, then went to collect my luggage.

From the airport you can get the bus to the subway station Kipling for the trains into the city. Just ask anyone where you can get the bus from and they will guide you.

For bus, keep some change with you. The ticket is $3 per person and this will be valid for the bus journey from the airport to the subway station and the train journey as well and if you need another bus journey after that.

Hope this is helpful.

As for job, my strong suggestion is that you apply for as many jobs online as possible before you land here. You may not get any responses but this will help you in refining your CV and understand what the market is asking for.

Plus, update your linkedin profile. Make some connections on linked in with people in your industry. Networks are the best way to get jobs here.

All the very best to all.

karankohli

Star Member
Jul 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congratulations, hope you start the most amazing life in canada. Best of luck with the job hunt.

goodhope

Jul 12, 2011
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
karankohli said:
congratulations, hope you start the most amazing life in canada. Best of luck with the job hunt.
Congratulations :D

paramjit

Star Member
Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2013
LANDED..........
In July-2013
explorer976 said:

All finished in just 5 mins.

The story goes....

I am a single applicant and arrived in Toronto last Tuesday in the afternoon. It wasnt peak time and there was no crowd. Reached the immigration desk and they signed my customs form and sent me to the immigration room.

There was just a couple of people ahead of me and soon I was called. They ask me where I was coming form and for COPR.

Asked me how much money I was brining with me (I had 5000 pounds and since it was less than 10k I didnt declare it on custom form. She asked me how much I will tranfer further more and i told her that I am not going to transfer any right now but later. None the less, I was asked to tell the whole amount.

I would suiggest at this point you can say the highest amout you can possibly bring as there will be no tax implication. I told her the actual amount which is quite modest. Dont think she made a note of it and didnt ask for any proof (i had the proof - bank statement etc).

I was ready with my small list of goods with me and later list but wasnt asked for it.

Thats it. Signed the form and was then sent to the welcome counter where they gave me brochures and reading stuff for starting life in Canada in a nice bag. Felt like I was in a marketing conference with the bag.

Anyway, then went to collect my luggage.

From the airport you can get the bus to the subway station Kipling for the trains into the city. Just ask anyone where you can get the bus from and they will guide you.

For bus, keep some change with you. The ticket is $3 per person and this will be valid for the bus journey from the airport to the subway station and the train journey as well and if you need another bus journey after that.

Hope this is helpful.

As for job, my strong suggestion is that you apply for as many jobs online as possible before you land here. You may not get any responses but this will help you in refining your CV and understand what the market is asking for.

Plus, update your linkedin profile. Make some connections on linked in with people in your industry. Networks are the best way to get jobs here.

All the very best to all.

Did they ask u to show the reqd. funds for 1 person or where they satisfied with 5000 pounds shown by u.
Is it necessary to show the total POF reqd since we are 4 family members but I wish to land first and after say 1-2 months my family will join me. So can I show funds say 8K CAD first and tell them rest funds will get transferred at a later stage.
Will it be acceptable please reply as u have gone through it and can help me out.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
explorer976 said:
Congratz, so they didnt ask for exact proof of landing funds as explained by them in the instruction??

explorer976

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mailed 4-Jul-11, received 7-Jul-11, CC 16-Aug-11
Doc's Request.
sent all with app
AOR Received.
PER recd 27-Sep-11, started processing 4-jan12
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
13-Jan-12
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 2012 hopefully....
I had POF with me but they didnt want to see.

Asked me how much I am carrying right now and how much i will transfer at a later date. But didnt check my bank statement or anything.

But keep POF with you. They can ask for it.

It is not necessary to carry all the money with you. You can show the amount (reasonable to support you) with you and the rest to follow but keep the proof should they ask for it.

You should be okay but make sure you carry all the papers - bank statement or property or whatever POF with you.

paramjit said:
Did they ask u to show the reqd. funds for 1 person or where they satisfied with 5000 pounds shown by u.
Is it necessary to show the total POF reqd since we are 4 family members but I wish to land first and after say 1-2 months my family will join me. So can I show funds say 8K CAD first and tell them rest funds will get transferred at a later stage.
Will it be acceptable please reply as u have gone through it and can help me out.

explorer976

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
sent all with app
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
13-Jan-12
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 2012 hopefully....
No, they didnt.

Their choice really. I had all POF with me.

They didnt even ask me about the list of goods. And I didnt volunteer either. Not sure if I was supposed to or not.

Even at customs, no one stopped me or asked me anything.

I read some one else's landing experience and they met with customs and got their list checked - laptop, jewellery etc. But I saw nothing really.

sho78 said:
Congratz, so they didnt ask for exact proof of landing funds as explained by them in the instruction??

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
explorer976 said:
I had POF with me but they didnt want to see.
Asked me how much I am carrying right now and how much i will transfer at a later date. But didnt check my bank statement or anything.
But keep POF with you. They can ask for it.
It is not necessary to carry all the money with you. You can show the amount (reasonable to support you) with you and the rest to follow but keep the proof should they ask for it.
You should be okay but make sure you carry all the papers - bank statement or property or whatever POF with you.
But it is required to take necessary POF as mentioned by them right?, have they removed this requirement because one more applicant did the same as you did he didnt take full amount and they didnt say anything.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
sho78 said:
But it is required to take necessary POF as mentioned by them right?, have they removed this requirement because one more applicant did the same as you did he didnt take full amount and they didnt say anything.
But they say that you should bring the actual funds as instructed by them right not only proof??

explorer976

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
sent all with app
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
13-Jan-12
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 2012 hopefully....
As my understanding, you have to have the necessary funds per person - Proof + carry with you should be equal to the requirement.

But I dont think it is necessary to carry all the money in cash with you at the time of landing. So if you want you can break it into carry and transfer at a later date BUT HAVE THE POF WITH YOU.

Just dont make the mistake of not carrying enough with you so they doubt that you dont have funding as it is required as part of your application.

Everyone's circumstances differ so they make different arrangements. So whatever is your circumstance, arrange all the funds and have the proof with you in case they ask for it.

sho78 said:

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
explorer976 said:
I am not worried abt proof, but I am asking abt carrying the actual required funds, so what I understand you don't need to carry the full required funds and you can carry reasonable amount and rest you should have proof am I right?

explorer976

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
sent all with app
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
13-Jan-12
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 2012 hopefully....
According to my understanding yes.

Double check with senior just to be sure.