waived
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
23rd march 2016
Hey everyone,

We (me, wife, 1yr old son) landed in Toronto on 26th March. I am in IT we came from kuala lumpur, Malaysia. Basically we are from India.
The only benefit we had was i had job in hand before landing. Yes u hear it right. Job In Hand b4 landing.
Today i am writing to all you guys just to boost up ur energy levels, it is tough to get job but u have to work hard in getting job especially if ur in IT, u can get job.
1 of our friend in IT too got job before landing.

My background:
I have more than 10yrs of experience in Mobile Application Development.

It's quiet costly here, we rented apartment in prime location in Brampton, as my husband's office is in Brampton we are paying $1750 per month. We wanted to have good apartment with all amenities so we opted for lil costs ones, u can get basements in 700-1200 per month.

If you have any queries or need any help feel free to message me, even for job. I can help u with that too.
sorry have to rush for office so will end here.

Thanks

pra

Aug 13, 2015
Hi Amayra,

Congratulations :) .

I am also from India, we are trying for Candian PR from India. It would be great if you guide us in this. Could you please share your mail id? i need some clarifications .

Thanks in Advance
Madhu

neeraj.gen

Jan 10, 2016
amayra said:
Hey everyone,

We (me, wife, 1yr old son) landed in Toronto on 26th March. I am in IT we came from kuala lumpur, Malaysia. Basically we are from India.
The only benefit we had was i had job in hand before landing. Yes u hear it right. Job In Hand b4 landing.
Today i am writing to all you guys just to boost up ur energy levels, it is tough to get job but u have to work hard in getting job especially if ur in IT, u can get job.

My background:

It's quiet costly here, we rented apartment in prime location in Brampton, as my husband's office is in Brampton we are paying $1750 per month. We wanted to have good apartment with all amenities so we opted for lil costs ones, u can get basements in 700-1200 per month.

If you have any queries or need any help feel free to message me, even for job. I can help u with that too.

Thanks
Hi amayra,

First of all, thanks for sharing your story with us. Second, I am also from IT (Web-development with 7+ years) field and belongs to India. I am also looking for PR in Canada and for that I am already done with my Educational Assessments through WES and also done with IELTS test. Now can you please guide me (or people like us with same IT background) to process the file in right program. Please guide me how to get the job before landing in there and advance preparations I need like the documents and funds.

It would be great help for me and would be thankful to you on this.

coolgy22001

Jun 26, 2014
Hi Amayra,

It's good to read some success stories. I am currently in Canada from the UK 7 months now and still have not had an interview. I have recently completed an MBA from the UK and will be graduating in July. Greatful if you can share any info. on how you went about your job prospects.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Some of the tips, i could give. I was able to get a job before i permanently moved to Canada as well. I did my landing procedure on Sept 2015, then went back to US to complete my existing work, as well as my wedding. Then i came to Toronto, and i was able to find job within a week. However, whether i am in Toronto or US, it wouldn't have mattered much.

a) Get a VOIP number in Canada. Use this number across job boards like linked etc. Recruiters like you to be physically present in Canada when they call.

b) Create a linkedin profile, and make sure you create a very good resume. Make sure your location is set to Canada, along with a Canadian number.

c) Talk to consultancy firm - Ranstad, SI Systems, Modi's, Workopolis etc worked well for me. In Ranstad, they would interview you and would assign a person from Ranstad to work with you. In regards to permanent jobs, try through linkedin, and establish contacts, and constant communication with prospective recruiters. I used to mail them through linkedin. Remember, they dont allow walk-ins.

d) Create a good CV, and a document, explaining why you should be hired. I kind of highlighted my strengths in my CV itself.

e) You would need open work permit, or permanent resident status, even before attempting any of the steps.

I was trying for jobs, while i was in US. For first 1 month, i didnt get a single call or reply. There are days when you would get frustrated. But i was using these time to sharpen my skills. It was hard to do so, without knowing the future.

Once i changed my location in job boards, and my phone number, i got 3-5 offers with in a week. Most of the interviews would happen with in Canada, so be prepared to come to Canada for interview. In my case, the interviews were through Skype.

I took the first offer, since i am sponsoring my wife, and it was a 1 year contract. Good luck to all.

shaz82

Nov 14, 2014
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Doc's Request.
None
Thanks for sharing information it is a big help.

ssoy

Jan 11, 2016
nartcr said:
I took the first offer, since i am sponsoring my wife, and it was a 1 year contract. Good luck to all.
Thank you for the tips. If possible, could u also give a brief description of the sponsoring process? What docs did u need, how much time it took, etc? Would be very helpful. Thanks

Chinna_FSW

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application Package
File Transfer...
10-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
12-03-2015 (SLU : 09-02-2015)
Med's Done....
26-03-2015 (TLU : 09-04-2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2015 (DM : 08-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-01-2016
Hi Amayra,

Many thanks for sharing your story. Positive vibes :)

Cheers !!

amayra said:
Hey everyone,

My background:

Thanks

Chinna_FSW

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-01-2016
Hi Nara,

Fantastic tips. It'll be invaluable to many folks. Much appreciated :)
Can you please shed more light on getting VOIP number. I'm in UK now and would like to get VOIP to start my trials.

Cheers !!

nartcr said:
Some of the tips, i could give. I was able to get a job before i permanently moved to Canada as well. I did my landing procedure on Sept 2015, then went back to US to complete my existing work, as well as my wedding. Then i came to Toronto, and i was able to find job within a week. However, whether i am in Toronto or US, it wouldn't have mattered much.

a) Get a VOIP number in Canada. Use this number across job boards like linked etc. Recruiters like you to be physically present in Canada when they call.

b) Create a linkedin profile, and make sure you create a very good resume. Make sure your location is set to Canada, along with a Canadian number.

c) Talk to consultancy firm - Ranstad, SI Systems, Modi's, Workopolis etc worked well for me. In Ranstad, they would interview you and would assign a person from Ranstad to work with you. In regards to permanent jobs, try through linkedin, and establish contacts, and constant communication with prospective recruiters. I used to mail them through linkedin. Remember, they dont allow walk-ins.

d) Create a good CV, and a document, explaining why you should be hired. I kind of highlighted my strengths in my CV itself.

e) You would need open work permit, or permanent resident status, even before attempting any of the steps.

I was trying for jobs, while i was in US. For first 1 month, i didnt get a single call or reply. There are days when you would get frustrated. But i was using these time to sharpen my skills. It was hard to do so, without knowing the future.

Once i changed my location in job boards, and my phone number, i got 3-5 offers with in a week. Most of the interviews would happen with in Canada, so be prepared to come to Canada for interview. In my case, the interviews were through Skype.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
ssoy said:
Thank you for the tips. If possible, could u also give a brief description of the sponsoring process? What docs did u need, how much time it took, etc? Would be very helpful. Thanks
There is another thread for sponsors in this forum. Yes, if you are married after you become PR, you could sponsor your spouse. The only requirement is that the sponsor has to be able to support him and her although sponsor need not be employed.

For Spouse, she doesnt have to do IELTS, or get her educational details certified by Canada. Would suggest to read inland/outland procedures for sponsoring spouse.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Chinna_FSW said:
Hi Nara,

Fantastic tips. It'll be invaluable to many folks. Much appreciated :)
Can you please shed more light on getting VOIP number. I'm in UK now and would like to get VOIP to start my trials.

Cheers !!
You can get google/skype or Vonage number for starters. There are plenty of services which provide VOIP. Recruiters check the area code and they are generally not interested for out of country candidates. Canadian experience matter more here in Canada.

Suggest to get phone number with Toronto area code. Be flexible to relocate. Once you know your move date, you can start applying for job positions approximately 1 to 2 months before landing date.

I will provide a detailed write up in a day or 2.

Chinna_FSW

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-01-2016
Hi Nara,

Many thanks for your inputs. +1 for your sincere efforts in sharing the knowledge.
Looking forward to your even more detailed post :)

Cheers !!

nartcr said:
You can get google/skype or Vonage number for starters. There are plenty of services which provide VOIP. Recruiters check the area code and they are generally not interested for out of country candidates. Canadian experience matter more here in Canada.

Suggest to get phone number with Toronto area code. Be flexible to relocate. Once you know your move date, you can start applying for job positions approximately 1 to 2 months before landing date.

I will provide a detailed write up in a day or 2.

zaynahdream

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
included in application
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-04-2016
Interview........
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2017
LANDED..........
InshAllah very soon
nartcr said:

very informative! +1 for you

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
May we know your speciality field in IT ?

neel25

Mar 13, 2016
amayra said:
Hey everyone,

My background:

Thanks
Hi amarya
I am also from IT field. I got pr and we are planning to go toronto in august. Can u suggest about how can i get job over there? What did you do?
Thanks in advance