+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in Nov 2008, left for US in Dec and moving in Aug 2010 for good.

champ80

Mar 11, 2010
I did my initial landing in November 2008 from Niagara border by driving to Canada. I received my PR card in four weeks and also received my SIN within 4 weeks. After receiving my PR, SIN cards, and opening bank account, I moved back to US to continue my job as i had to finish the project I was working on. I have now planned to move back to Canada in August 2010 for good and continue with my residency obligation, so i can work towards obtaining Canadian Citizenship and settle there.

My question is that will I be facing any problem? Also, I had a list to follow, but i am not sure, if that thing is expired or can i still use that list to bring thigs to Canada. Also, i have a car which i financed in April 2007 and i am still making payments on it. What can i do with that car? Can i continue to drive n Canada and make payments in US or i have to return or sell car in USA? Any advise will help.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You shouldn't face any problems on re-entry. As a PR, you can be outside Canada for up to 3 years in 5.

With a financed car, you might have trouble importing it. You might need permission from the financial institution and they might not want to let you take it because once you are in Canada, you might just stop paying and it would be hard for them to take the car back from you. You can still ask though.

champ80

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks Leon. I will contact the bank and see what can be done, becasue I definitely don't wnat to ruin my credit here in US. I was thinking of taking car to Canada and continue making payments. But I will check with the bank. Thanks again for the answer.

I hope my move goes smoothly. i will keep posting my experiences here.. Since i field for my PR, this forum has really helped me. I use to come with a different User ID, but lost the password...