+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landed in canada yesterday

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soj,
Ibadan here we come in May. Just keep us posted and we shall join you in burying your father.

Oloye

favourme

Nov 21, 2006
Warri, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2004
Hi SOJ,

Sorry about your father's death. I pray God to grant you all it requires to carry out the burial.

oluseun

Dec 3, 2007
A new comer

Hello Everyone,
I have been having a sleepless night on how i can live in canada, + my family.
Anybody that will like to give us a leverage as in advance is most welcome.
Thanks.
Oluseun
Ekun Oko Queen

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Soj,

Thanks for feeding us back about the location of papa's burial.
I was born and raised in Ibadan so I won't likely miss it work permitting.

Olusegun,

Your are welcome.

I will advise you to stay tuned to this thread and learn first-hand about immigration procedures hot and fresh especially from your fellow naijas who are already in the process.
All the same if you can make to Soj's dad's burial in Ibadan in May they you will hear from the veterans in the process. All the best

keto

Mar 21, 2008
Hello
I am keto and I wish to enter Canada and start the immigration process, I would like you to share your experience with me and have some consultations as you have allready passed all the procedures.
Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to starting friendly chat with you. Here is my E-mail:ketijaparidze81@gmail.com

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Hi Folks,

Where is Abeni_okin? Has anybody heard from her lately? what's up with her application?

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think Abeni_Okin should be somewhere preparing to land. Any way, your contributions are always appreciated kindly get on the forum soon

Oloye

Atuegbe

Mar 26, 2008
Congrats as u ve gotten to yr dream land. Pls keep us informed about all other things. Accommodation and the job stuff. Stay blessed.

Atuegbe

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
My Naija people,

Does anyone understand this proposed amendment(s)? I've read so many interpretations of the law by other people. My understanding of it is that skills in high demand will be given priority over the not-so-in-demand skills and thie law only apply to application on or before 27/2/08.
That, to me means, that people who applied before then will just go through the very long process but WILL NOT be rejected. They will just have to wait that long or longer. Is anyone on the same page with me?

As an aside, the bill is not likely going to go through given all the objections i have had to read from canadians and pressure groups in that country. That remains to be seen though!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mot said:
My Naija people,

Does anyone understand this proposed amendment(s)? I've read so many interpretations of the law by other people. My understanding of it is that skills in high demand will be given priority over the not-so-in-demand skills and thie law only apply to application on or before 27/2/08.
That, to me means, that people who applied before then will just go through the very long process but WILL NOT be rejected. They will just have to wait that long or longer. Is anyone on the same page with me?

As an aside, the bill is not likely going to go through given all the objections i have had to read from canadians and pressure groups in that country. That remains to be seen though!
1. It is applications received after 27/02/08 that any new regulations will apply.
2. The old applications will probably be processed, but lets say there is a demand for nurses in Canada, so all the applications would checked for nurses, old and new and they would receive priority. If you had a skill that was not in demand, you application could wait many years until it reached the top of the pile.
3. The amendments are in the budget, if they are defeated in Parliament the government would fall and there would be an election, I don't think the Liberal party wants an election.
4. The pressure groups are the Immigration lawyers, who see a whole source of revenue drifting away, who would hire a lawyer to submit an application that may never see the light of day.

PMM

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Thanks, PMM,

That makes a whole lot of sense.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
my naija people,my dad's burial is on may 8 x 9,venue is bishop akinyele memorial church iwo road ibadan,entertainment at bcos orita bashorun ibadan.i will scan the invitation on the forum asp.cheers