26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Kunwar11 said:
Thank u all . Sorry was little bit busy as I stared a job after 5th day of landing plus started a college at the mean time i.e Iam working 40 hours a week and studying 20 hrs of a week , life again has become busy and of course interesting . My 5.5 year son has started a school ( actually we enrolled at the same day , son in school n dad in college ) my wife has also got job but hasn't started yet , hopefully will start within 1-2 days . Got health card after 5 days but have to wait few weeks for PR card . Am staying in friend's house but will move to my place on 1st oct , have found a very gud house to live at $1000 plus 3 bed rooms . My job is about 15 min walk , college is 6 min from bus station n son's school is about 8 min walk so everything is ok so far. I chose calgary coz its a rapidly developing country that's what my friends had told me and yes it is . I had many friends in Toronto n Edmonton but was only one friend in Calgary who proved one helpful friend is better than 1000 of hello- hi friends . People are very good here everything is ok here but we need canadin qualification to get gud job . My present job is not bad though I get $17 per hour . Welcome to Calgary whoever want to come here and thanks all of u.
Congrats... I think you made a wise choice deciding to go to college, it will help in the long run. Are you going to a main stream college (attached to a large university) or a low profile one.

Regards,

Kunwar11

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
sydney ,Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
IELTS Request
submitted
Med's Request
1st May 2013
Med's Done....
7th May 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 19th july 2013
LANDED..........
Landing on 12 th Sep 2013
rizmayo said:
Congrats... I think you made a wise choice deciding to go to college, it will help in the long run. Are you going to a main stream college (attached to a large university) or a low profile one.

Regards,
.. Thank u friend . It's a Pathway course to the university but its related to my work experience in Australia . Once I get the certificate Iam sure I will get the better job based on my 5 years working experiences n trainings in Australia . Thanks again friend

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
Kunwar11 said:
.. Thank u friend . It's a Pathway course to the university but its related to my work experience in Australia . Once I get the certificate Iam sure I will get the better job based on my 5 years working experiences n trainings in Australia . Thanks again friend
Hello Kunwar...

congrats on the landing and the job, can i ask please whats your job? and was it hard to land it?

thanks

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
Kunwar11 said:
Thank u all . Sorry was little bit busy as I stared a job after 5th day of landing plus started a college at the mean time i.e Iam working 40 hours a week and studying 20 hrs of a week , life again has become busy and of course interesting . My 5.5 year son has started a school ( actually we enrolled at the same day , son in school n dad in college ) my wife has also got job but hasn't started yet , hopefully will start within 1-2 days . Got health card after 5 days but have to wait few weeks for PR card . Am staying in friend's house but will move to my place on 1st oct , have found a very gud house to live at $1000 plus 3 bed rooms . My job is about 15 min walk , college is 6 min from bus station n son's school is about 8 min walk so everything is ok so far. I chose calgary coz its a rapidly developing country that's what my friends had told me and yes it is . I had many friends in Toronto n Edmonton but was only one friend in Calgary who proved one helpful friend is better than 1000 of hello- hi friends . People are very good here everything is ok here but we need canadin qualification to get gud job . My present job is not bad though I get $17 per hour . Welcome to Calgary whoever want to come here and thanks all of u.
well done, have achieved so many milestones in such a short period. I heard that for putting your kids to school, you have to show your rental agreement,...without that how did you manage to put your kid in school! Can you share what type of job you are doing now, thanks and very best of luck Kanwar

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kunwar11 said:
Kunwar, congrats man, one question, are the jobs easy to come by? and are the apartments easy to find? someone told me its really hard getting an apartment in the beginning, thanks buddy

Kunwar11

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
sydney ,Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
IELTS Request
submitted
Med's Request
1st May 2013
Med's Done....
7th May 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 19th july 2013
LANDED..........
Thanks all of u friends . My experience says nothing is harder and nothing is easier either . I didn't have to show any rental paper for admission of my kid , he had to sit for the exam ( assessment ) . Iam not doing the job based on my profession but its ok , it's not a bad job actually . Comparatively it's cold here but lots of opportunities for all level of people . Used cars are not as expensive as in Australia but insurence is a bit expensive . It's not very difficult to find house to live but may depends how lucky u r and how well u go through it . There are new comers centres that can help us to provide used furnitures and other stuffs if we need , I haven't got them yet but need to get them soon. My days r running smoothly little bit busy though working , studying , dropping/ picking up child to n from to school . Got credit card of $1000 each which is very imp to build up credit history . Haven't spent much fund , had heard people finish the fund and start working .BUT Iam very much confused one thing I.e drinking can beer or coke coz price is the same . Thank u all again.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Kunwar11 said:
BUT Iam very much confused one thing I.e drinking can beer or coke coz price is the same .
LMAO
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kunwar11 said:
Thanks all of u friends . My experience says nothing is harder and nothing is easier either . I didn't have to show any rental paper for admission of my kid , he had to sit for the exam ( assessment ) . Iam not doing the job based on my profession but its ok , it's not a bad job actually . Comparatively it's cold here but lots of opportunities for all level of people . Used cars are not as expensive as in Australia but insurence is a bit expensive . It's not very difficult to find house to live but may depends how lucky u r and how well u go through it . There are new comers centres that can help us to provide used furnitures and other stuffs if we need , I haven't got them yet but need to get them soon. My days r running smoothly little bit busy though working , studying , dropping/ picking up child to n from to school . Got credit card of $1000 each which is very imp to build up credit history . Haven't spent much fund , had heard people finish the fund and start working .BUT Iam very much confused one thing I.e drinking can beer or coke coz price is the same . Thank u all again.
thanks mate, what quadrant are you in, heard NE is good, would u recommend

Kunwar11

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
sydney ,Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
IELTS Request
submitted
Med's Request
1st May 2013
Med's Done....
7th May 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 19th july 2013
LANDED..........
ItsBeenLongNow said:
thanks mate, what quadrant are you in, heard NE is good, would u recommend
. Honestly speaking I don't have any information of other place/ state but have heard NE is far better , and Iam in NE too. Thanks

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
How is Calgary job market for hotel professionals ?

sri5529

Sep 3, 2012
Hi Kunwar,

Very happy to hear this. Setting well in new country in a short span is not a easy task espessially with family.
Glad that every thing moving smoothly for you. Good luck & best wishes.

You guys are ray of hope to all of us.

Regards,
Srikanth

Kunwar11

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
sydney ,Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
IELTS Request
submitted
Med's Request
1st May 2013
Med's Done....
7th May 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 19th july 2013
LANDED..........
Thank u friends . I have heard its gud n high chances to get jobs in hotels but don't know the pay rate . Iam surprised here coz of variable pay rate . In Australia pay rate used to be almost the same in similar fields . Thanks again

harry7to192000

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2-2011
AOR Received.
29-4-2011
IELTS Request
initialy sent
File Transfer...
sometimes in april
Med's Request
12-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
12-3-2013
guys upon landing do we need to show proof of canadian dollar purchased from india

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry7to192000 said:
guys upon landing do we need to show proof of canadian dollar purchased from india
Yes, on landing we need to show POF, its part of our immigration process

Andy007

Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Yes, on landing we need to show POF, its part of our immigration process
can we show cheques as proof of funds?