+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Immigrants in Toronto/GTA - Lets Network /Meet

A

anushauc

We are at Yonge n North York ( one station away from Yonge n Sheppard)

birbal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18/06/2010
Landed on 18th June. I am at Scarborough.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:
Who is at Yonge & Sheppard, that is somewhat close to my place- Don Mills - North York
It's one of the members from our Dubai2Canada Group. She's residing at Yonge & Sheppard. And coming to our next meet from there. The details of the meet is being posted next.

Iqwinder

Jun 17, 2010
My Senior's / Friends,

Thanks alot for creating such a thread, I am planning to land in mid Aug with My spouse & 7 months baby.
I have some queries , hope all of have been through the immigration process and can help me alot, Your valuable replies are appreciated:

1. As we are three (Me, my Spouse & 7 months Baby), How much money I have to show and in which form ?
2. Should I take the Travel Insurance ,the procedure & the amount ?
3. How much luggage I could take along with and in which form (eg: two bags 25 kg each or one 50 kg) ?
4. My flight is having one stop, Should I have to take any transit visa etc ?

Kindly try to help as your concern is really needed in this regard.

Iqwinder

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
NEXT MEET AT MALTON-MISSISSAUGA

Ok, here's the details of our Next Meet, as it has been finalized lately...

-Meeting Organizers:... Dubai2Canada Group
-Meet Coordinator:...... Member "lopap" from Trackitt.com.
-Date of Meeting:........ 4th July-2010 (Sunday)
-Time of Meeting:....... 12:30pm-Anything
-Venue of Meet:.......... Westwood Mall, Malton, Mississauga, ON, L4T 2T9
-TTC Bus Stop:........... Next door, colocated with the Mall
-Tenure of Meet:......... 2-3hrs. Or more as per personal choice
-Type of gathering:...... Family Event, Casual Networking, Kids r Welcome
-Theme of Event:........ Get-together over Lunch@Mall Food Court (Self-Paid)

Note:
-Plz be informed that members r coming from various areas, viz. Toronto, Mississauga & Brampton.
-The meet is open to everyone, even if u r not in the Dubai2Canada Group. So, all r WELCOME.
-It's a good way of networking for all new comers. We can grow our friend's circle. Be it from any region.

Transportation Advice for Toronto:
1. Toronto TTC Bus Route-58/B starts from Spadina & ends@Venue -Westwood Mall, Malton, Mississauga.
2. Alternately, Toronto Subway comes to Islington. Take Mississauga Transit Route-11 from there to Venue.

All desiring members of this forum r most welcome to join us. We'll be more than happy to get to know each other. So, if u r desirous plz post your willingness on this very thread. And there on I can PM u my Cell No. as a joint group msg. Thus, we can touch-base for pre-checks, if any.

See u there...

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Iqwinder said:
My Senior's / Friends,

Thanks alot for creating such a thread, I am planning to land in mid Aug with My spouse & 7 months baby.
I have some queries , hope all of have been through the immigration process and can help me alot, Your valuable replies are appreciated:

1. As we are three (Me, my Spouse & 7 months Baby), How much money I have to show and in which form ?
2. Should I take the Travel Insurance ,the procedure & the amount ?
3. How much luggage I could take along with and in which form (eg: two bags 25 kg each or one 50 kg) ?
4. My flight is having one stop, Should I have to take any transit visa etc ?

Kindly try to help as your concern is really needed in this regard.

Iqwinder
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Most of your queries could be answered thru one thread... Plz check my "Master Thread" & u'd know.

-The Funds should be equal or more to the CIC guideline (the table for No. Of Pax).
-The Funds should be 20:80. 20% Cash or TC, 80% Bank Draft.
-It's a wise idea to obtain a Travel Insurance from your homeland. Read the Master Thread.
-Luggage depends on the Airline & your Port of Embarkation. The max is 23kgs per Checked-in Bag.
-Europe & Americas allow 1 bag/person. While India allows 2 bags/person. Vide most airlines.
-In most cases u do not need a Transit Visa, except for via the US.

Best of Luck & Bon Voyage!

Qorax

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
@Qorax
You’re gr8 sir and ur great work is continued in Canada too. I wish I could meet you one day there in Canada.
Please keep this thread going..till we reach there.

Sincere Regards
Lakhvinder

mrdynamo

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma77 said:
yeh its gr8 idea! me landed @ toronto on 19 june now staying @ brampton.
hai SHARMA JI :),
i too will land at Brampton.SIR i too want to join ur group.i m doctor & need ur guideance regarding giving all medical exams.NETWORKiNG is the major factor for once SUCCESS in Canada... ;D ;D

ash_1967

Jul 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1231 (1111)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2009
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done on 15/01/2009 and submitted with full docs to Visa Office on 12/03/2010
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
Med's Done....
26-06-2010 and Medical & Passports Sent on 28-06-2010 which Recd by CHC on 29-06-2010
Interview........
Waived by grace of God
Passport Req..
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on 22nd and issued on 22/07/2010 and Received on 24/07/2010 by grace of God
LANDED..........
Still not decided
Hello All,
I am very keen to meet and do friendship with you all. I love to make friends. I wish to fly now and meet with you on ist meedting held on 4th of July-10, But unfortunately I could not get through. Please pray for me.

@Qorax

Where do you stay in Mississauga? I am asking because I visited once to Canada and was stay to Glen Erin Drive, Mississauga and after landing I am in a plan to stay in Mississauga or Brampton. I am an accounts guy and got job in Carpet store at Dundas in Mississauga. So I think these two intended place to live are near to Dundas.

Kindly pray for me so I could join you their in Canada soon?

Best wishes to all my prospect friends?

Thanks

Warm Regards

Ash_1967

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushauc said:
People who have landed in the last couple of months - Lets meet/discuss - job opportunities, shopping, housing and other settlement issues. Lets meet near a subway/bus connected area , so that its easy for all to commute.

We landed on 21st June and are currently living in the North York , Toronto area with my aunt. I am a banker and my husband is an IT infrastructure manager.
We are actively looking for jobs and a place to live in a well connected area.

Any thoughts are welcome ..

Cheers

congratulations anusha! i have heard that north york is a very good area! good luck on the job hunt....

hopefully someday we will join the networking group that you have created...

we are still waiting for our passport request!

take care

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
Hello all,

Its indeed a good thread & it really help to all of us who are planed to land in near future.
Inshalla we will join you once in to CANADA Just pray for us........

Thanks

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Most of your queries could be answered thru one thread... Plz check my "Master Thread" & u'd know.

-The Funds should be equal or more to the CIC guideline (the table for No. Of Pax).
-The Funds should be 20:80. 20% Cash or TC, 80% Bank Draft.
-It's a wise idea to obtain a Travel Insurance from your homeland. Read the Master Thread.
-Luggage depends on the Airline & your Port of Embarkation. The max is 23kgs per Checked-in Bag.
-Europe & Americas allow 1 bag/person. While India allows 2 bags/person. Vide most airlines.
-In most cases u do not need a Transit Visa, except for via the US.

Best of Luck & Bon Voyage!

Qorax

Hi Qorax,

May i suggest having been to such gatherings myself where everybody is meeting for the first time....maybe you guys can grab hold of a table in the food court and have a canadian flag or some sort of small indication on the table, that it is the right group....so that any latecomers or anyone joining knows that this is the group that they need to go to....

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excellant thread. Thnaks to the thread starter and all the contributors. Though I will land there in October and hopefully this thread and the group cretade thorugh it will live a veryyyyyyyyyy long life. Hope to see you all soon in Canada.

Special thanks to Qorax. For sending an invite to everyone so quickly. It's great to have people like you, Rocky, accounts, PMM, Leon on this forum.

You guys rock. ;D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SD said:
Hi Qorax,

May i suggest having been to such gatherings myself where everybody is meeting for the first time....maybe you guys can grab hold of a table in the food court and have a canadian flag or some sort of small indication on the table, that it is the right group....so that any latecomers or anyone joining knows that this is the group that they need to go to....
Why? U can always call a member before to touch-base.

A

anushauc

Re: NEXT MEET AT MALTON-MISSISSAUGA

qorax said:
Ok, here's the details of our Next Meet, as it has been finalized lately...

-Meeting Organizers:... Dubai2Canada Group
-Meet Coordinator:...... Member "lopap" from Trackitt.com.
-Date of Meeting:........ 4th July-2010 (Sunday)
-Time of Meeting:....... 12:30pm-Anything
-Venue of Meet:.......... Westwood Mall, Malton, Mississauga, ON, L4T 2T9
-TTC Bus Stop:........... Next door, colocated with the Mall
-Tenure of Meet:......... 2-3hrs. Or more as per personal choice
-Type of gathering:...... Family Event, Casual Networking, Kids r Welcome
-Theme of Event:........ Get-together over Lunch @ Mall Food Court (Self-Paid)

Note:
-Plz be informed that members r coming from various areas, viz. Toronto, Mississauga & Brampton.
-The meet is open to everyone, even if u r not in the Dubai2Canada Group. So, all r WELCOME.
-It's a good way of networking for all new comers. We can grow our friend's circle. Be it from any region.

Transportation Advice for Toronto:
1. Toronto TTC Bus Route-58/B starts from Spadina & ends @ Venue -Westwood Mall, Malton, Mississauga.
2. Alternately, Toronto Subway comes to Islington. Take Mississauga Transit Route-11 from there to Venue.

All desiring members of this forum r most welcome to join us. We'll be more than happy to get to know each other. So, if u r desirous plz post your willingness on this very thread. And there on I can PM u my Cell No. as a joint group msg. Thus, we can touch-base for pre-checks, if any.

See u there...

Qorax

Qorax,

Count the 2 of us. Me and my Husband - Anusha and Chari. We have your number and you have ours.
Can you let us know on the details of the person travelling from Sheppard-Yonge? We may probably join and come together if the member is interested..

Friends,

Anyone else coming from this area / route, you are welcome to join us. Please PM.

Regards,
Anusha & Chari