Landed (CSQ applicant)

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

My wife and I got our Passports with the PR last afternoon. We drove to the lacolle - NY border in the evening and completed the formalities. I would like to share my timeline before I start off with the experience.

Application to CSQ- July 7th 2009
CSQ fileno recd - 17th Aug 2009
CSQ & interview waiver - 5th Nov 2009
PCC APPlication mailed (India, USA and UK) - 12th Nov 2009
Fed App mailed to Buffalo - 20th Nov 2009
Recd PCC (UK- 6 Dec 2009, Ind- 9th Feb 2010, FBI - 8th March 2010)
Recd AOR&Med forms 6th Jan 2010
Meds done - 11th jan 2010
RPRF cashed - 1st April 2010
Passport request - 12th may 2010
passport Mailed to Ottawa - May 24th 2010
passport received with PR visa - June 15th 2010
Landed - June 15th 2010

Total time taken - 11 Months ;D

We were asked to enter USA and return to Canada. At the US side the officer asked us a couple of questions and then directed us to go to the Immigration area. I mentioned that I have been in Canada on a work permit and have received my PR and wanted to visit the Canadian immigration and customs to complete the landing process.

At the US immigration they finger printed us (just the index finger) and then provided us with a white letter stating that our entry to USA is rejected (common procedure). The officer explained that this will not cause an issue if I'd like to reenter US in the future. This was a mere formality.

We made a U turn and returned towards the Canadian side. The canadian IO asked us the purpose of visit and I explained that we have received our PR and would like to complete the landing process. She saw our existing work permits and asked us to park our car and proceed to the Canadian immigration building.

We were the only ones..practically empty bldg..so we did not have to wait. First we went to the immigration area. We were asked for the passports, CSQ and COPR. We were asked to double check the information on the COPR and then sign and date it in front of the officer. The officer took our work permits and printed out a new document which reflected all the info from COPR and stapled it next to the visa. She then smiled and said " Congratulations, you are now a PR of Canada". ;D
Our CSQ were returned. She then provided us with a little information on our rights and obligations as PR. The officer was friendly. Gr88 exp!!!

We then proceeded to the customs area. Had nothing to declare, no goods to follow. Just had to finish the paperwork to import my car which was already in Canada and had quebec tags..was easy...took about 30 mins.

In all it took less than 1 hr at the border. The officers were friendly and courteous. Great experience...feel free to ask questions. Would be glad to help.

Thanks to everybody in this forum. This forum rocks!!!!

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hi mtlguy,

Congrats on your landing.... just a hypothetical question... although i m in a very initial stage of my application,..do you think with a CSQ and PR (if i get it), i will be able to land in toronto and complete the landing faclities and then move to quebec in a week's time..!!

Shahi

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Congratulations,mtlguy!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! Good luck with your new life is Canada!
We are still waiting for CSQ, but if we get them and the PR we will probably try to do the same thing - bring our car to Canada (currently in usa).
Do you know would it be a problem this, since our car has only us license plates and stickers?
Thank you! And posts like yours make me very happy! Hopefully more people in future will share their successful experience with Quebec immigration procedure!

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
Hi mtlguy,

Congrats on your landing.... just a hypothetical question... although i m in a very initial stage of my application,..do you think with a CSQ and PR (if i get it), i will be able to land in toronto and complete the landing faclities and then move to quebec in a week's time..!!

Shahi
I highly doubt it....but if you have a valid reason for using a port of entry other than quebec...i recommend you call the CBSA office in advance and find out if they will let you land through that particular post.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ton40 said:
Congratulations,mtlguy!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! Good luck with your new life is Canada!
We are still waiting for CSQ, but if we get them and the PR we will probably try to do the same thing - bring our car to Canada (currently in usa).
Do you know would it be a problem this, since our car has only us license plates and stickers?
Thank you! And posts like yours make me very happy! Hopefully more people in future will share their successful experience with Quebec immigration procedure!
You are allowed to import your car free of cost as a part of your household goods. You will have to go through Federal and provincial inspections before you can register your car in quebec. I'll be happy to guide you when you are ready to land. Feel free to PM me then.

Good luck!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Thank you mtlguy!
We are still far away from landing, but its always good to know all kinds of details for the new settlement :)))

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hello mtlguy,

can you please inform me following. I have also received my CSQ and I am a student here in Montreal.

1- Can I go to the border and get a temporary work permit (TWP) based on my CSQ ?
2- I want to know what other options do i have to stay in Quebec after my study permit expires in few months as my PR will take 5-6 months more.

Many Thanks

mtlguy said:
Dear Friends,

My wife and I got our Passports with the PR last afternoon. We drove to the lacolle - NY border in the evening and completed the formalities. I would like to share my timeline before I start off with the experience.

Application to CSQ- July 7th 2009
CSQ fileno recd - 17th Aug 2009
CSQ & interview waiver - 5th Nov 2009
PCC APPlication mailed (India, USA and UK) - 12th Nov 2009
Fed App mailed to Buffalo - 20th Nov 2009
Recd PCC (UK- 6 Dec 2009, Ind- 9th Feb 2010, FBI - 8th March 2010)
Recd AOR&Med forms 6th Jan 2010
Meds done - 11th jan 2010
RPRF cashed - 1st April 2010
Passport request - 12th may 2010
passport Mailed to Ottawa - May 24th 2010
passport received with PR visa - June 15th 2010
Landed - June 15th 2010

Total time taken - 11 Months ;D

We were asked to enter USA and return to Canada. At the US side the officer asked us a couple of questions and then directed us to go to the Immigration area. I mentioned that I have been in Canada on a work permit and have received my PR and wanted to visit the Canadian immigration and customs to complete the landing process.

At the US immigration they finger printed us (just the index finger) and then provided us with a white letter stating that our entry to USA is rejected (common procedure). The officer explained that this will not cause an issue if I'd like to reenter US in the future. This was a mere formality.

We made a U turn and returned towards the Canadian side. The canadian IO asked us the purpose of visit and I explained that we have received our PR and would like to complete the landing process. She saw our existing work permits and asked us to park our car and proceed to the Canadian immigration building.

We were the only ones..practically empty bldg..so we did not have to wait. First we went to the immigration area. We were asked for the passports, CSQ and COPR. We were asked to double check the information on the COPR and then sign and date it in front of the officer. The officer took our work permits and printed out a new document which reflected all the info from COPR and stapled it next to the visa. She then smiled and said " Congratulations, you are now a PR of Canada". ;D
Our CSQ were returned. She then provided us with a little information on our rights and obligations as PR. The officer was friendly. Gr88 exp!!!

We then proceeded to the customs area. Had nothing to declare, no goods to follow. Just had to finish the paperwork to import my car which was already in Canada and had quebec tags..was easy...took about 30 mins.

In all it took less than 1 hr at the border. The officers were friendly and courteous. Great experience...feel free to ask questions. Would be glad to help.

Thanks to everybody in this forum. This forum rocks!!!!