+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed and in Quarantine

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
No I didn't but other persons with it faced the same problem. The officer prob was having a bad day lol

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
I'll try to start another thread with details of how my quarantine and how everything went once I'm done with quarantine. Thank you and all the best in your process.
Hey. I have just got my visa approved.

Have a lot of questions about U of Winnipeg quarantine plan. And your AirBnB.

1) How did you travel from airport to Airbnb? Do they allow using a cab? Or UWinnipeg arranged transportation?

2) What are the requirements of quarantining in an Airbnb? You can't share any space right like kitchen or bathroom with other guests right? If yes, then it will have to be a private apartment right?

3) How was your AirBnB like? Costs? Where exactly?

4) How did you manage food, groceries( if you are cooking) etc?

5) If I choose a studio Airbnb in a building, how will I travel to the apartment without exposing others maybe in an elevator or lobby? Won't the officer ask me this question since it is legit?

6) What was the University quarantine plan like? How was it expensive?

Thanks so much :)

Reactions: Pascalala

Pascalala

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020

1) How did you travel from airport to Airbnb? Do they allow using a cab? Or UWinnipeg arranged transportation?

2) What are the requirements of quarantining in an Airbnb? You can't share any space right like kitchen or bathroom with other guests right? If yes, then it will have to be a private apartment right?

5) If I choose a studio Airbnb in a building, how will I travel to the apartment without exposing others maybe in an elevator or lobby? Won't the officer ask me this question since it is legit?

Congratulations dear on your approved visa.. I tap from your blessing

Reactions: phaijalkhan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What if I don’t have the letter of authorization or support letter from the college? I’m a returning student coming back to Canada with a valid Study Permit. Any thoughts?
Bring proof of registration, course confirmation and proof that you paid your tuition. Would also bring a copy of your lease or other housing.

Reactions: mtalwar18

goodyouth144

Oct 17, 2020

I got the quarantine location in an Uber

Exactly, you cannot share amenities such as kitchen or bathroom and you should have private bedroom. Ideally an accommodation that is self-contained.

It was a self contained space with my own kitchen, bathroom and no other occupants were there. I paid around $500 CAD for two weeks stay.

I brought food from home and I used Instacart and Skidthedishes.

Just wear a mask, do not make any stops and try as best as possible to socially distance your self by at least 6ft per the rules.

Yes, my University's quarantine package was more expensive.

Reactions: phaijalkhan

Kobby84

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020

Exactly, you cannot share amenities such as kitchen or bathroom and you should have private bedroom. Ideally an accommodation that is self-contained.

It was a self contained space with my own kitchen, bathroom and no other occupants were there. I paid around $500 CAD for two weeks stay.

Just wear a mask, do not make any stops and try as best as possible to socially distance your self by at least 6ft per the rules.

What was the cost of the university package?

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023

Hey thanks man for the answers.

I am heading to Winnipeg as well. Can you recommend the Airbnb you used? Like share which one you used if you liked? Just for a reco since it's gonna be like 14 days.

Also, do you get to buy a local sim at the airport? If not, how do authorities contact you?

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

goodyouth144

Oct 17, 2020
Hey thanks man for the answers.

I am heading to Winnipeg as well. Can you recommend the Airbnb you used? Like share which one you used if you liked? Just for a reco since it's gonna be like 14 days.

Also, do you get to buy a local sim at the airport? If not, how do authorities contact you?

Thanks man. Appreciate it.
The Airbnb I used started leasing the place on the 1st of January so it's no longer available but you can check on Kijiji for any options. I downloaded the Textnow app which gave me a local phone number that I could send and receive calls, that is the number I gave on ArriveCan.