+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed and in Quarantine

goodyouth144

Oct 17, 2020
I landed in Toronto on the 16th of December and I'm now in quarantine. I will give a brief run down of my travel experience but feel free to ask questions about quarantine.

I arrived at the airport in my home country of Jamaica and as I read on here from other travel experiences, the airline agents were hesitant to allow me to board because of the COVID-19 travel restrictions. I was asked for a letter of authorization from the agent from the airline while checking in and I waited for about 30 minutes while they corresponded with officials in Canada to see if I was allowed to board due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions. (I would advise you to get a letter of travel authorization from your school and be prepared with all other documentation needed).
After the checks were made, I was allowed to board and I was on my way Toronto.

Upon arrival I was asked for the customs declaration form and the receipt for the ArriveCan app (make sure to complete before boarding).
I went on to another officer who also checked the ArriveCan receipt and the custom declaration form and he instructed me to the next officer.

At the counter, I was asked questions about my purpose of travel, a few questions about my program choice and details about my quarantine plan. I was not requested to show the quarantine plan but I would advise for you to have it ready to present.

I was only asked for my Letter of Intro and Letter of Acceptance from my DLI and in around 5 minutes my SP was printed and I was on my way to connect to my next flight.

Overall, the process was smooth and efficient for me.

*Note* this was just my experience and your experience may be different.

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Nice.....thanks for the update. I wanted to leave too but they didn't allow my fam to travel (on reg TRV) just me. So i have deferred my travel plans to next year whist i apply for travel exempt for them. When does school start?

Reactions: goodyouth144

goodyouth144

Oct 17, 2020
Nice.....thanks for the update. I wanted to leave too but they didn't allow my fam to travel (on reg TRV) just me. So i have deferred my travel plans to next year whist i apply for travel exempt for them. When does school start?
You're welcome and all the best when you and your family travel. School starts on the 6th of January for me

Reactions: Tavia

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
I landed in Toronto on the 16th of December and I'm now in quarantine. I will give a brief run down of my travel experience but feel free to ask questions about quarantine.

I arrived at the airport in my home country of Jamaica and as I read on here from other travel experiences, the airline agents were hesitant to allow me to board because of the COVID-19 travel restrictions. I was asked for a letter of authorization from the agent from the airline while checking in and I waited for about 30 minutes while they corresponded with officials in Canada to see if I was allowed to board due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions. (I would advise you to get a letter of travel authorization from your school and be prepared with all other documentation needed).

Upon arrival I was asked for the customs declaration form and the receipt for the ArriveCan app (make sure to complete before boarding).
I went on to another officer who also checked the ArriveCan receipt and the custom declaration form and he instructed me to the next officer.

At the counter, I was asked questions about my purpose of travel, a few questions about my program choice and details about my quarantine plan. I was not requested to show the quarantine plan but I would advise for you to have it ready to present.

I was only asked for my Letter of Intro and Letter of Acceptance from my DLI and in around 5 minutes my SP was printed and I was on my way to connect to my next flight.

congrats! did you also have to show covid report before boarding the flight?

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019

Can you give us idea how much time it took for you to complete the questionare are and got your study permit printed

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023

Hey hey. Congrats! I just checked you are heading to University of Winnipeg. I haven't got the visa yet but I am also headed to U of W for their program in May. Can you share more details about quarantine and eventually what kind of accomodation you're gonna choose?

Maybe start another thread for U of W accomodation and quarantine?

goodyouth144

Oct 17, 2020
Hey hey. Congrats! I just checked you are heading to University of Winnipeg. I haven't got the visa yet but I am also headed to U of W for their program in May. Can you share more details about quarantine and eventually what kind of accomodation you're gonna choose?

Maybe start another thread for U of W accomodation and quarantine?
I'll try to start another thread with details of how my quarantine and how everything went once I'm done with quarantine. Thank you and all the best in your process.

Reactions: phaijalkhan

Pascalala

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020

Congratulations to you dear..

Reactions: goodyouth144

_briannaashley

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

So you had the travel support letter from your school?

Reactions: mtalwar18

_briannaashley

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Did you have the support letter?