Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
Finally landed in Toronto on the Saturday 1st of May. Went to first customs desk and were referred to the immigration section. Here we were asked where we intended to stay and the official filled out our landing forms, and we had to show proof of funds. The officer was very polite and welcomed us to Canada. We then went on to the next officer who was also very polite. Again we had to show the proof of funds and handed him a copy of our Goods To Follow list. He also filled out the application for Permanent Residence then also welcomed us to Canada. It was a very easy process.
We went to Services Canada on monday and got our S.I.N. numbers which took about 15 minutes. On Tuesday we went to the bank ( TD Canada Trust ) and lodged our two bank drafts. These took 5 working days to clear which I have been informed was extremely quick.
For driving we had to contact our licensing authority back home for a LETTER OF AUTHENTICITY which we have to show to Canada,s licensing office. This letter entitles us to apply for the G2 exit driving test which if we successfully pass will give us the full G liscense. one problem though is there is a backlog in the driving tests due to a strike which thankfully is now over.
Today I am going to the ministry in Toronto to get my job qualifications verified. I will keep you guys posted on that.
Bye for now.

deepusingh

Jan 14, 2010
CONRATULATIONS :D to you n ur family.....May u hv a Great Life in Canada!

I applied in July'09 to Nova scotia...n file ws transfered to new delhi in jan'10 under fast track....evrythn went fast untill a month bk whn RPRF ws returned since it ws of greater amount....resend it n they got it on 19th april...since thn nothn heared frm them however my DD hs been encashed tht i found frm my issuing bank....status still in process...only God knows whn itll change to Decision Made :(.....Kindly assist...

Good Luck@@@@@

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gerrybyrne said:
Finally landed in Toronto on the Saturday 1st of May. Went to first customs desk and were referred to the immigration section. Here we were asked where we intended to stay and the official filled out our landing forms, and we had to show proof of funds. The officer was very polite and welcomed us to Canada. We then went on to the next officer who was also very polite. Again we had to show the proof of funds and handed him a copy of our Goods To Follow list. He also filled out the application for Permanent Residence then also welcomed us to Canada. It was a very easy process.
We went to Services Canada on monday and got our S.I.N. numbers which took about 15 minutes. On Tuesday we went to the bank ( TD Canada Trust ) and lodged our two bank drafts. These took 5 working days to clear which I have been informed was extremely quick.
For driving we had to contact our licensing authority back home for a LETTER OF AUTHENTICITY which we have to show to Canada,s licensing office. This letter entitles us to apply for the G2 exit driving test which if we successfully pass will give us the full G liscense. one problem though is there is a backlog in the driving tests due to a strike which thankfully is now over.
Today I am going to the ministry in Toronto to get my job qualifications verified. I will keep you guys posted on that.
Bye for now.
Hey gerry! Glad to know that everything went very smooth during the landing procedure :)

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
congratulations. all the best.

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Hi Gerry,

Thanks for sharing with us.

Happy to hear that everything went smoothly.

Wish you a successful life in Canada.

Regards,

RPN

Cyra

Star Member
Aug 2, 2009
the IO just see that Proof of Funds papers/statement or he keeps the copy of paper with him???

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
Congratulations! Thanks for the feedback. I hope we all have the same positive experience when we land...

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kabayan said:
Congratulations! Thanks for the feedback. I hope we all have the same positive experience when we land...
Hi gerrybyrne,

Congrats on landing in the dreamland. Thanks for sharing the landing experience and hope to have many more inputs from you about Canadian experience.

Have a Great Future in Canada.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Gerrybyrne

Your dream came true. Probably now its time to hardship and plan for a better future in your dreamland... Wish you all the very best. Keep us posted and also pl. keep praying for us to be able to follow you soon

raikkonen.kimi

May 4, 2010
HI GERRYBYNE...I WANT TO ASK ONE THING THAT DO WE HAVE TO SHOW THE SAME PROOF OF FUNDS THAT IS THE PHOTOCOPIES OF THE FIXED DEPOSITS THAT WE PRODUCED IN THE CANADIAN EMBASSY..??? OR CAN WE TAKE OUT THE MONEY AND TRANSFER IT TO AN ANOTHER ACCOUNT AND TAKE THE BANK STATEMENT....IS THE PHOTOCOPY OF FD'S ALSO ACCEPTED ???

jitz

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation buddy

Good to hear that everything went great

Wish you a successful life in Canada and please update us frequently

Regards,

Jitz