+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed 18-June. Both me & my fiancee got a job withing a month. Ask me anything!

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Alexios07 said:
Ever heard of the Disney's IT workers fiasco? if you frequently browse enough on several IT forums, you will get the general consensus about the outsource IT worker.

Typical example on how Indian IT workers communicate over emails

Don't you think there are more besides the higher salary in Canada? like higher food quality, air quality, safer workplace environments, higher living standards? If it's just the salary alone, I don't think any skilled workers would move to Canada at all.
Why are you targeting Indian IT workers. In IT, analytical and reasoning skills are more valuable than english.

Thats just my opinion.

Most of my clothes, electronic devices are made in China. I own a Honda car. Shall i stop using these goods because Canada is losing manufacturing jobs to China?

Its a global market place. In order to compete in global market, you need to outsource. Outsourcing is the reality, be it IT, manufacturing etc.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolhyd said:
Why are you targeting Indian IT workers. In IT, analytical and reasoning skills are more valuable than english.

Thats just my opinion.
I AM not targeting Indian IT workers, as I'm not a white native American. I'm just saying that some American IT workers do not like Indian immigrants because whenever we mention about Indians, all they can think of is the Indians are here to steal their IT jobs (H1-B, Infosys, Wipro etc.) They also sometimes make fun of some weird Indian-English phrases that Indian IT workers love to use, like "the needful", "kindly revert"...

For me personally, I also prefer to talk to Philippino call agents than Indian's counterpart, since most of the time, I cannot understand what Indian agents are saying, due to the heavy accent.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
coolhyd said:
We should take into account the standard of living. With 80k you can live a very good life here in Canada. Education till grade 12 is free. Medical is free.

Can you buy a BMW or Audi in india with 12 lakhs income? Absolutely no. You can buy in Canada with your 80k income. This is just one example.
Education - In India top Engineering and medical school like IITs, AIIMS cost virtually nothing, same programs runs around 200k in canadian universities. No doubt its free till grade 12 but you pay insane amount of taxes.
Medical - in my city its 7 months wait for an MRI scan, imagine someone with back pain living on pain killers for 7 months before doctors can even see whats wrong. No doubt you can go to doctor and wont pay anything, but you pay MSPs plus they dont cover any prescriptions and surgeries. In india, bypass surgery costs around 12 to 15 lakhs, here they cost around 100k, that too after so much waiting time.
sure you can buy BMW, but you pay for it in 15years. Not the case in India, you buy decent cars, and live debt free. Plus enjoy with your friends. BMW hold the same social status here as honda city holds in India. Which world are you living my friend.

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well,
Not everyone immigrates in Canada for the higher salary. We are not in the industrialization era. You can make 100k laks in India (or Albania in my case) but when you go out on the streets, pollution, traffic, bad public service, bad infrastructure and widespread corruption will be everywhere. And when you make so much money your security will be at risk too, your kids won't be safe etc.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
And you can go to any doctor and can undergo any surgeries the next day in India. Canadian free healthcare is only good for regular illnesses like cold, fever and child birth. How often do you use health services for those kind of things. Medical bills are the number one reason for bankruptcies. Do some reading. P.S - I am from medical background.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
RegularGuy said:
Education - In India top Engineering and medical school like IITs, AIIMS cost virtually nothing, same programs runs around 200k in canadian universities. No doubt its free till grade 12 but you pay insane amount of taxes.
Medical - in my city its 7 months wait for an MRI scan, imagine someone with back pain living on pain killers for 7 months before doctors can even see whats wrong. No doubt you can go to doctor and wont pay anything, but you pay MSPs plus they dont cover any prescriptions and surgeries. In india, bypass surgery costs around 12 to 15 lakhs, here they cost around 100k, that too after so much waiting time.
sure you can buy BMW, but you pay for it in 15years. Not the case in India, you buy decent cars, and live debt free. Plus enjoy with your friends. BMW hold the same social status here as honda city holds in India. Which world are you living my friend.
You are so very wrong about education. Who said it costs 200k ?

Only medicine costs that much.

How may of 1.2 billion people can get into IIM and IIT's.

In Canada you have more opportunities to get into a world class university than in India.

By-pass surgery is free in Canada. You are so wrong here.

If living in india is so very good, then India should rank way higher in terms of standard of living and quality of life. Which world are you living in my dear friend?

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since we are talking about high skilled jobs in this thread, most of the employers pay extended healthcare for you.
I don't know how is the service in Indian hospitals. Albania the healthcare is free, but good luck with the service and the doctors that you will get. All the Eastern European doctors have/are moving to Germany and other high developed countries.

Most of European countries have much higher taxes than Canada. Canada has higher taxes than US. I am paying 25% taxes in Canada, my friend in Germany it's paying 35-38% (hence they get better healthcare service)

RegularGuy said:
And you can go to any doctor and can undergo any surgeries the next day in India. Canadian free healthcare is only good for regular illnesses like cold, fever and child birth. How often do you use health services for those kind of things. Medical bills are the number one reason for bankruptcies. Do some reading. P.S - I am from medical background.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astro313 said:
Since we are talking about high skilled jobs in this thread, most of the employers pay extended healthcare for you.
I don't know how is the service in Indian hospitals. Albania the healthcare is free, but good luck with the service and the doctors that you will get. All the Eastern European doctors have/are moving to Germany and other high developed countries.

Most of European countries have much higher taxes than Canada. Canada has higher taxes than US. I am paying 25% taxes in Canada, my friend in Germany it's paying 35-38% (hence they get better healthcare service)
Are you sure it's 25 percent? Should be around 30 percent if you are making around 100k. Depending on your income tho, if you are making around 300k your tax will be in higher 40-45 percent

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
coolhyd said:

Same way, not everyone can go to University in Canada. They only have 15 to 20 universities I believe, and if I am not mistaken, UBC MBA runs in around 70k,which is well beyond reach of any average Joe.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
RegularGuy said:
coolhyd said:

Same way, not everyone can go to University in Canada. They only have 15 to 20 universities I believe, and if I am not mistaken, UBC MBA runs in around 70k,which is well beyond reach of any average Joe.
By the way UBC MBA costs only 46K for Cnadian citizens and PR's. I think IIM also costs pretty much same these days.

You can easily get a education loan in Canada. You can pay off that within 3 years post your MBA. Have you ever heard of tution credits? I got back 15000 dollars this april : )

Do you get back anything in India : )

But dude you should seriously think about going back to India?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol, I think RegularGuy has never heard of credit card, mortgage, OSAP and student financial aid.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
coolhyd said:
By the way UBC MBA costs only 46K for Cnadian citizens and PR's. I think IIM also costs pretty much same these days.

You can easily get a education loan in Canada. You can pay off that within 3 years post your MBA.

But dude you should seriously think about going back to India?
told you, I am aiming at above 200k. Thats the only way I can justify my stay here. I know a Canadian PR who did MBA from UBC, 47k is tuition, then there are 5 to 6 more fees, it runs around 55k and living expenses add to another 20k

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to clarify, tuition fee for MBA in UBC Sauder

http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/MBA_Full_Time/Admissions/Fees_and_Expenses

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dream big buddy but as my father says: Don't burn your house before building the castle.

Don't know why I got downvoted, some of the guys here are either trolls or haters.

RegularGuy said:
told you, I am aiming at above 200k. Thats the only way I can justify my stay here. I know a Canadian PR who did MBA from UBC, 47k is tuition, then there are 5 to 6 more fees, it runs around 55k and living expenses add to another 20k

Reactions: ArjonDJ

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Hansdza said:
Just to clarify, tuition fee for MBA in UBC Sauder

http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/MBA_Full_Time/Admissions/Fees_and_Expenses
Go little further for actual expenses

http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/MBA_Full_Time/Admissions/Fee_Breakdown_and_Living_Expenses