+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

land in Canada and go back to US

khashougeh

Jul 10, 2008
Hi, I work for a company (headquarter in US) that has an office and is registered in Canada.

I am still waiting for the visa office in Buffalo to request the passport (applied through Campbell Cohen). If I land in Canada and come back to US. Would continuing working for my company count towards my residency in Canada since the company is registered in Canada?

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
No, you have to reside in Canada

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

khashougeh said:
Hi, I work for a company (headquarter in US) that has an office and is registered in Canada.

I am still waiting for the visa office in Buffalo to request the passport (applied through Campbell Cohen). If I land in Canada and come back to US. Would continuing working for my company count towards my residency in Canada since the company is registered in Canada?
No, you have to be hired by a Canadian company and transferred abroad. The Canadian company must meet the following conditions to be considered:

6.2. Canadian business
The definition applies to both large and small businesses, and includes:
• federally or provincially incorporated businesses that have an ongoing operation in Canada;
• other enterprises that have an ongoing operation in Canada, are capable of generating
revenue, are carried out in anticipation of profit and in which a majority of voting or ownership
interests are held by Canadian citizens, permanent residents or Canadian businesses
; and
• enterprises that have been created by the laws of Canada or a province

PMM