+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Lambton College Toronto' - help

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi,

I read a lot of post, we can change college after landing Canada, check the link below. We must ensure we get visa in the first time otherwise we are quite difficult to get visa because our profile is not strong enough.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rules-about-changing-my-college-t185420.0.html

Tks, Thang

gopinath21 said:
Yeah. But, i have heard that one cannot change college. He/she can only change the course within the same college.

If we could change college after getting Visa then i would also file visa for this program and move to NAIT? Can you please tell me if that's possible?

rackishaquarian

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
hi gopi , this is rakesh , i have applied for financial planning 1 year course in centennial , i ve got five years banking experience .is the one you are about to better than what i am doing? and how much time does it take for to getoffer letter from lambton

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
pvatsal67 said:
Why you told that it is useless program?
Is all programs in lambton toronto campus is useless?
Bcz I m planning to apply in quality engineering and management. 2 yr of.
Is it good program
Hi,
I don't know about engineering. But business PG Diplomas/Graduate certificates are pretty useless in canadian Job Market.
They prefer either Bachelors or Undergrad diplomas. Or for higher posts they prefer masters degree. But no value for the 'So called' PG certificates/grad diplomas.

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Sonata95 said:
Hi,

I read a lot of post, we can change college after landing Canada, check the link below. We must ensure we get visa in the first time otherwise we are quite difficult to get visa because our profile is not strong enough.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rules-about-changing-my-college-t185420.0.html

Tks, Thang
Yeah. But i am worried as the rules have changed in June, and some people are saying that you cannot change the college.
But i am not sure whether they are right. This post is also of Feb.

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
rackishaquarian said:
hi gopi , this is rakesh , i have applied for financial planning 1 year course in centennial , i ve got five years banking experience .is the one you are about to better than what i am doing? and how much time does it take for to getoffer letter from lambton
Hi rakesh bro,
I don't know much, but all i can say is go for a 2 year course instead of 1 year. You will be eligible for PGWP of 3 years.
It took me 5 days to get an offer letter from Lambton.

Asher89

Sep 9, 2014
The Study permit issued by canadian government will not have name of the university.. once you get the study permit, you are allowed to study in any university during that period.. You can change colleges once you are in canada. But remember the process is the same.. You have to apply to the new university the same way you did for first one.. If you don't get any other admission, you cant change.. The down side in changing colleges is that you will end up paying more even if the courses are same..
For example: If you did 4 courses and transfer to other university and if your courses are related/same they will accept 50% of your credits.. that 50% varies based on the university.. If the university you wanna transfer is low ranked, they sometimes accept 100% credit transfer.. If the courses are different.. They wont transfer any credits.

50% of credit transfer means, your four courses which you have done, will be considered as 2 courses. So you need to do two more courses, and pay more them. which takes extra time and money..

Now, you need extra time to complete the course in other university. But your validity of your study permit and visa might expire during this time. You need to them apply for extension of study permit.

Never join a university having in mind that you can transfer to other.. If you have that thought. Wait for a while and apply to the university/college you really want to go.

Source : Personal Experience :D

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Gopinath21,

Can you share your profile? what is your IELTS brand. I have not yet finished IELTS and will take exam on 20 Sep and will get result early Oct'14. I am afraid that I have not enough time for Jan'15 intake.

Tks, Thang

gopinath21 said:
Hi rakesh bro,
I don't know much, but all i can say is go for a 2 year course instead of 1 year. You will be eligible for PGWP of 3 years.
It took me 5 days to get an offer letter from Lambton.

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Sonata95 said:
Hi Gopinath21,

Can you share your profile? what is your IELTS brand. I have not yet finished IELTS and will take exam on 20 Sep and will get result early Oct'14. I am afraid that I have not enough time for Jan'15 intake.

Tks, Thang
B.Com - 65%
78.5% in 12th
and 84.5% in 10th
Gave my IELTS on 12th july and scored - L - 8.5, R - 7.5, W - 7, S - 7.5, overall - 7.5

NO, you have sufficient time, just keep other things ready, get a conditional letter and arrange for other things like GIC and stuff. then, after getting your IELTS, apply for the unconditional offer letter and file a visa.

and, have you finalised the program yet? I am very confused about to go to NAIT for the undergraduate diploma or Lambton for the Graduate certificate.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Gopinath21,

Why confuse?

I just choose Lambton just for visa purpose, so the program is not important because I will change later to Alberta (SAIT). I have not yet finalized which course I will choose from SAIT because I should choose the course relating oil & gas so for easy find job and better salary.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sait-program-t235266.0.html

gopinath21 said:
B.Com - 65%
78.5% in 12th
and 84.5% in 10th
Gave my IELTS on 12th july and scored - L - 8.5, R - 7.5, W - 7, S - 7.5, overall - 7.5

NO, you have sufficient time, just keep other things ready, get a conditional letter and arrange for other things like GIC and stuff. then, after getting your IELTS, apply for the unconditional offer letter and file a visa.

and, have you finalised the program yet? I am very confused about to go to NAIT for the undergraduate diploma or Lambton for the Graduate certificate.

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Sonata95 said:
Hi Gopinath21,

Why confuse?

I just choose Lambton just for visa purpose, so the program is not important because I will change later to Alberta (SAIT). I have not yet finalized which course I will choose from SAIT because I should choose the course relating oil & gas so for easy find job and better salary.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sait-program-t235266.0.html
Right. But won't the 1st semester fees get wasted while changing college? Also, have you seen the eligibility for the course that would give an easy to find job?

Also, what is your profile?

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
No you just wasted about a few hundred dollars not full 1st semester fee, pls check refund policy in your college you apply.

gopinath21 said:
Right. But won't the 1st semester fees get wasted while changing college? Also, have you seen the eligibility for the course that would give an easy to find job?

Also, what is your profile?

Asher89

Sep 9, 2014
Sonata95 said:
No you just wasted about a few hundred dollars not full 1st semester fee, pls check refund policy in your college you apply.
i have wasted 5000$ in tranferring university after 6 months and i turned down 4000$ scholarship from dalhousie university because i transferred.the scholarship is for being in top 5 of the class scoring A+ in all the courses..Dalhousie University -> University of Alberta

KayaNow1

Aug 13, 2014
So im planning to apply to Lambton college this week
For PG financial planning and wealth mgmt Jan 15
How long will it take to get the admin letter??

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi All,

I applied Lambton college via Otario college website as link below. They asked payment around $95 CAD but I checked with one person in the forum he said that if we apply via agent is free of charge?

Anyone apply by yourself and need to pay application fee, pls help to confirm.

Tks, Thang

https://secureapplicant.ontariocolleges.ca/uniquesig73d06141628d432bbc2eb719db950017/uniquesig0/InternalSite/Login.asp?resource_id=C01F17D7A60E4442B716EA70B8361611&login_type=2&site_name=secureapplicant&secure=1&URLHASH=da5a805b-919d-41d5-acad-093f0a7d2fcb&orig_url=https%3a%2f%2fsecureapplicant.ontariocolleges.ca%2f