+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Laid off on work permit, waiting for CEC PR

Markisa

Feb 28, 2012
Hi All,

Posted the same topic on the wrong section i guess. So i moved this here.

So my status right now is quite complicated and difficult so hopefully there is someone who had a similar experience.

OK, i graduated from UBC back in 2008 so i got a Post graduation work permit until 2011. After that i finally decided that i want to stay here, extend my work permit so this time i get the regular work permit, and i send my CEC application on November.

I got AOR on January 26th and i was told that my application is sent to Case Pilot office Ottawa. I have not heard anything else ever since and when i emailed them i was told that my case is still in queue and they will notify me ASAP.

Now, here comes the complicated part. I got laid off yesterday. So now i am basically in limbo; my application for PR is still not done and in order to get a new work permit i have to apply for LMO which is scary for me since i know a lot of companies might not like that.

So my question is:

Anyone ever had anything like this where they have to apply for LMO on new job. How do you convince your employers to help you do that (Of course other than having an exceptional skills.) Is there anything that you can tell them that LMO is not really a burden other than it will take a while before i can start?

If this does help, my occupation is in IT field, i have experience as Software Engineer and Business Analyst, so i do have a relatively broad skill set.
I am also located at Vancouver, BC so if there is anyone who have pointer for this area it will be helpful.

Thank you

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
Markisa said:
Hi All,

Posted the same topic on the wrong section i guess. So i moved this here.

So my status right now is quite complicated and difficult so hopefully there is someone who had a similar experience.

OK, i graduated from UBC back in 2008 so i got a Post graduation work permit until 2011. After that i finally decided that i want to stay here, extend my work permit so this time i get the regular work permit, and i send my CEC application on November.

I got AOR on January 26th and i was told that my application is sent to Case Pilot office Ottawa. I have not heard anything else ever since and when i emailed them i was told that my case is still in queue and they will notify me ASAP.

Now, here comes the complicated part. I got laid off yesterday. So now i am basically in limbo; my application for PR is still not done and in order to get a new work permit i have to apply for LMO which is scary for me since i know a lot of companies might not like that.

So my question is:

Anyone ever had anything like this where they have to apply for LMO on new job. How do you convince your employers to help you do that (Of course other than having an exceptional skills.) Is there anything that you can tell them that LMO is not really a burden other than it will take a while before i can start?

If this does help, my occupation is in IT field, i have experience as Software Engineer and Business Analyst, so i do have a relatively broad skill set.
I am also located at Vancouver, BC so if there is anyone who have pointer for this area it will be helpful.

Thank you

I am in similar situation but under FSW2, I have received PER and waiting for AOR. Laid off from LMO which has provided me work permit till 2015.
Please share your experience or any impact on your PR application. I havent informed CIC about my lay-off yet.

Thanks