+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Laid off a day before AOR

craig9

Jun 23, 2017
So I got laid off from work on Monday, Jun 12th and submitted my documents/received the AOR on Tue, Jun 13, two days before the ITA expired.
I just realized that in the work history section, the job I was laid off from is shown as the 'current job', with no end date specified. My HR letter confirming my job responsibilities was issued on May 15. I do have 5+ years experience anyway so there's no change in CRS points.

- What would the best route of action here be? Would raising a CSE/submitting a webform suffice?
- Would being in between jobs adversely affect my application?

thanks

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
I believe u are fine. No need to worry abt dat. Since ur employment can be verified and d layoff did not in anyway affect ur points, i believe there is no cause for alarm.

dopehead

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
So I got laid off from work on Monday, Jun 12th and submitted my documents/received the AOR on Tue, Jun 13, two days before the ITA expired.
I just realized that in the work history section, the job I was laid off from is shown as the 'current job', with no end date specified. My HR letter confirming my job responsibilities was issued on May 15. I do have 5+ years experience anyway so there's no change in CRS points.

- What would the best route of action here be? Would raising a CSE/submitting a webform suffice?

thanks
Sorry to hear that.
When you submit your documents you're affirming that all documents etc are true to the best of your knowledge.
Because you submitted your documents after you were laid off and the submitted documents show you're still working, this may be construed as intentional misrepresentation and could land you in hot water.
It's highly improbable that someone from IRCC is going to call your former firm to verify your employment but in no way is it impossible. IMO, it's always best to err on the side of caution and submit a webform outlining what happened.
I don't believe that being in between jobs would have a negative impact on your application since this doesn't change your CRS score.

Good luck

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018

I would highly recommend you to raise the CSE and submit updated job reference letter and relieving letter including the last day of work and explain your situation with LOE.
It wont affect your application but better be safe and include up-to date information and let IRCC know about your situation.Do not leave it to them to figure out or it will cause unnecessary rejection later on. All the best.
thanks

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raise a CSE and inform of the current situation, if possible with reference letter where appear the last date you worked there. Just to be safe.