FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
No I have not. It's not toll free and I gathered it takes a lot of tossing around before you get someone to actually assist you.
I’ve called a number of times and the officers were very helpful. Wait times are usually long but the direct interaction is worth the wait. You can call Canada for free using TextNow.

Jero75

Dec 10, 2019
I’ve called a number of times and the officers were very helpful. Wait times are usually long but the direct interaction is worth the wait. You can call Canada for free using TextNow.
OH wow thanks. Truly appreciate this. Do you have a number I can call.

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
Here you go: +1 (888) 242-2100. Have your application information ready before you call.

wizzyfc

Sep 21, 2019
I am sure.

Yes the we webform says "Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days by email or fax".
My application, I hope it has been approved otherwise they won't have requested for a passport. I was requested to submit my passport which I did. I got a letter saying you "a decision has been made. We require your passport to finalize your application. This was done in June.

I
You could check your online account to know if application has been approved. You would also have receive a counterfoil which means your passport has been stamped. If all these has happened, then all that need to be done is locate and send back your passport. Also go ahead to call the number given to you. Best of Luck!

Jero75

Dec 10, 2019
Ok thank you for this info.
Wrote to the various depts info, feedback, Lagos immigration, Ottawa, and did the web form. Same response still processing at the embassy. Now I see "no record"on the vfs tracking portal.
Today made it 6 months since I submitted my pp. It takes only 15 days I gather to have it stamped all things being equal.

wizzyfc

Sep 21, 2019
Wrote to the various depts info, feedback, Lagos immigration, Ottawa, and did the web form. Same response still processing at the embassy. Now I see "no record"on the vfs tracking portal.
Today made it 6 months since I submitted my pp. It takes only 15 days I gather to have it stamped all things being equal.
Did you check the online account for Approval/Counterfoil?

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
Any luck getting your passport back? This is a very unusual case.

Reactions: Jero75

Jero75

Dec 10, 2019
Any luck getting your passport back? This is a very unusual case.
So sorry I have not been here lately. I can assure you it is highly unusual. All the replies I got from feedback, lagosmmig, info, help lines was still processing. No response from the webform I raised. Nothing from Ottawa too.
Over 7 months now. Thinking of scheduling an appointment to go to Lagos office.
Nothing on my profile.

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
PPR: 17th December 2019
Submitted passport 18 December 2019
Passport collected: 20th January 2020

I submitted my passport via VFS Lagos and VO on the counterfoil is Accra.

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
So sorry I have not been here lately. I can assure you it is highly unusual. All the replies I got from feedback, lagosmmig, info, help lines was still processing. No response from the webform I raised. Nothing from Ottawa too.
Over 7 months now. Thinking of scheduling an appointment to go to Lagos office.
Nothing on my profile.
Did you speak to an officer when you called IRCC Ottawa? Have you considered engaging an immigration lawyer?

Jero75

Dec 10, 2019
Did you speak to an officer when you called IRCC Ottawa? Have you considered engaging an immigration lawyer?
I have not spoken with anyone from Ottawa yet. I only sent an email. It has been more than 28 days now and no reply on my webform. Thank you for insight on getting a lawyer.