+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lagos Visa Office

wizzyfc

Sep 21, 2019
I learnt on this platform that since Nov 2. PR applicants from Nigeria are no longer asked to send passports to Accra, Ghana and that stamping of Visa is now done at the Lagos Embassy.

Has anyone submitted there passport(s) to the Lagos Embassy through VFS and gotten it back since the commencement of this? If yes, kindly let us know how long the whole process took.

Jero75

Dec 10, 2019
I learnt on this platform that since Nov 2. PR applicants from Nigeria are no longer asked to send passports to Accra, Ghana and that stamping of Visa is now done at the Lagos Embassy.

I submitted at the vfs office Abuja since June 27th. I have waited anxiously. Just confirmed that my passport is processing at the Lagos office. No hope in sight even after doing emails.

Has anyone submitted there passport(s) to the Lagos Embassy through VFS and gotten it back since the commencement of this? If yes, kindly let us know how long the whole process took.

Reactions: wizzyfc

Jero75

Dec 10, 2019
You should try do an email to this address "feedback.cannig@vfsglobal.com" if nothing reasonable comes out of it then i will advise that you raise a web form to Lagos Visa Office and maybe Ottawa visa Office too.
I have the same issue.

I sent an email got this response :
Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre in Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to VFS Global Canada, Nigeria.

Kindly be informed that your application is still under processing at the Embassy.

Do I still need to do another mail

wizzyfc

Sep 21, 2019
Please raise a web form to Lagos Visa Office and also to Ottawa Visa Office. They should be able to tell why it has taken so long.

I have the same issue.

I sent an email got this response :
Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre in Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to VFS Global Canada, Nigeria.

Kindly be informed that your application is still under processing at the Embassy.

Do I still need to do another mail

Jero75

Dec 10, 2019
Please raise a web form to Lagos Visa Office and also to Ottawa Visa Office. They should be able to tell why it has taken so long.
Thank you so very much for this. Will surely get on it right away. Kindly direct me where I can get the web form from.

wizzyfc

Sep 21, 2019
No luck yet. Still hoping. Sent the email which they auto acknowledged. Yet to respond. Same with the webform, it will take 28 days before they respond.
I am at my wits end.
Are you sure it takes 28days for them to respond? I wrote lagos office two weeks ago and also copied the ottawa office and the ottawa office replied in three days. I did not mention the ottawa office cos i read here after writing to them that they do not respond to emails anymore but to my surprise they did respond. You could try that too. Has your application been approved?

Jero75

Dec 10, 2019
Are you sure it takes 28days for them to respond? I wrote lagos office two weeks ago and also copied the ottawa office and the ottawa office replied in three days. I did not mention the ottawa office cos i read here after writing to them that they do not respond to emails anymore but to my surprise they did respond. You could try that too. Has your application been approved?
I am sure.
Yes the we webform says "Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days by email or fax".
My application, I hope it has been approved otherwise they won't have requested for a passport. I was requested to submit my passport which I did. I got a letter saying you "a decision has been made. We require your passport to finalize your application. This was done in June.

I

Reactions: Bimzy2020

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
Have you tried calling Ottawa?

I am sure.

Yes the we webform says "Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days by email or fax".
My application, I hope it has been approved otherwise they won't have requested for a passport. I was requested to submit my passport which I did. I got a letter saying you "a decision has been made. We require your passport to finalize your application. This was done in June.

I

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
Hey folks, those who have received their passport, how long did it take from submission to collection?