+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Labour Market Opinion

Jan 4, 2013
Hi.

1.I am trying to find out if I need a labour market opinion. The criteria on the CIC website whereby you do NOT need a LMO is if you are a professional working in Canada under an international agreement. Would the IEC (International Experience Canada) be considered an international agreement?
Thanks very much to anyone that can help on this question.

2.Also, I am applying for the work permit status IN Canada because my working holiday visa/work permit with the IEC will expire very soon. Is this okay as I have read one post here and it says it has to be for the exact same type of work permit. What dos this mean? Does it matter that I will be a first time applicant for the work permit in Canada because my IEC work permit is soon to run out. My job offer is until Sep 2013. I know I need to apply 30 days before current work permit expires.

Thanks very much for any help that can be given.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ciaratraditional said:
Hi.

1.I am trying to find out if I need a labour market opinion. The criteria on the CIC website whereby you do NOT need a LMO is if you are a professional working in Canada under an international agreement. Would the IEC (International Experience Canada) be considered an international agreement?
Thanks very much to anyone that can help on this question.

2.Also, I am applying for the work permit status IN Canada because my working holiday visa/work permit with the IEC will expire very soon. Is this okay as I have read one post here and it says it has to be for the exact same type of work permit. What dos this mean? Does it matter that I will be a first time applicant for the work permit in Canada because my IEC work permit is soon to run out. My job offer is until Sep 2013. I know I need to apply 30 days before current work permit expires.

Thanks very much for any help that can be given.
1. Yes you need an LMO, the IEC is an international agreement, but it is issued under Sec 205 of the Regulations, rather than Sec 204 which covers international agreements.
2. You wont' have implied status and can't continue to work when your IEC runs out.

supa-g

Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013
Med's Request
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
Passport Req..
18-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
You can get implied status when, you submit the work permit application before expiration your current open work permit on IEC, even, if you switch form open work permit to closed work permit, which requires LMO. I called CIC twice, and got the same information from 2 different consultants.
In your case probably, you will need LMO.