+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Labour costs in Canada

albertpr

Jan 22, 2012
Not too sure if this is the right place to get this info but I will still give a try

I have done my landing as Alberta nominee but did not apply for Alberta healthcare. My wife is due to give birth to twins in Aug. My US visa completes in July . I am planning to move to Alberta in July but may not be able to get a job there immediately. Also I am not sure if I will be covered by alberta healthcare for labor costs in Sep.

Please advise if they do cover or how much is the labor costs if they dont cover

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
albertpr said:
Not too sure if this is the right place to get this info but I will still give a try

I have done my landing as Alberta nominee but did not apply for Alberta healthcare. My wife is due to give birth to twins in Aug. My US visa completes in July . I am planning to move to Alberta in July but may not be able to get a job there immediately. Also I am not sure if I will be covered by alberta healthcare for labor costs in Sep.

Please advise if they do cover or how much is the labor costs if they dont cover
What do you mean labour costs? If you can produce proof of residence in Alberta, you get health coverage on your first day here. Try to apply for SIN that begins with '6' because that is an Alberta SIN.

Alberta Health Care currently covers all its residents even temporary workers and students, free of charge.

jinneebhat

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
TRUONGAN said:
What do you mean labour costs? If you can produce proof of residence in Alberta, you get health coverage on your first day here. Try to apply for SIN that begins with '6' because that is an Alberta SIN.

Alberta Health Care currently covers all its residents even temporary workers and students, free of charge.
Thanks for the info. I may have a similar situation but I already applied SIN in ON.
So if I rent a home in AB, the govt shall cover all medical expenses from day 1? Somehow I heard that they cover after 3 months!!

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
jinneebhat said:
Thanks for the info.
I already applied SIN in ON.
So if I come and rent a home in AB, the govt shall cover all medical expenses from day 1? Somehow I heard that they cover after 3 months!!
If you bring your rental contract to registry, they would accept that as proof of residence. My tenant used rental contract to apply for AHC.