+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Labor Market Opinion(LMO) - Positive Result/Success Rate

J

jenishkottaram

Hello,

I've completed my PG Diploma course(1 yr), so the govt. issued an open work permit until Sep 2012. Currently I'm working as a web developer in Toronto and my employer is ready to apply for LMO. I would like to know the chance of getting a positive LMO for an IT professional. I've read in some other forums that the chances of rejecting LMO is higher in Ontario for IT people.

Is there any option to extend my work permit here? or stay here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

chidera

Feb 16, 2012
Hi Dear, I am interested in working in Canada and how do i go about applying for (LMO) or can you help me with a job. I have MBA in marketing and i am working in a motor company as the Head, Operations/Logistics.
I will be if can be of assistance.
Thanks
Chris
234-8023121984

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Jenishkottaram

I do not much about IT developer(i am not not one) but I am a PGWP as you are, I got a positive LMO, my employer applied, I am awaiting the renovation of my work permit; as far as I know, when you have been working for an employer as postgraduate student, your employer do not need to show effort of hiring, however, it is better at least to show the effort that your employer did to hire someone at the time that you were hired, because that means that other Permanent residents and canadian citizens could have applied but you were the selected. If you have work permit until Sept 2012, that means you started to work not too long ago with your employer, i would say this could be an advantage for you because the effort to hire are fresh and your employer can use that in your favour. Because the process for LMO is taking so long (3 or more months) I suggest your employer submit the paperwork at least 3 months before... Good luck in your future process ;)

jenishkottaram said:
Hello,

I've completed my PG Diploma course(1 yr), so the govt. issued an open work permit until Sep 2012. Currently I'm working as a web developer in Toronto and my employer is ready to apply for LMO. I would like to know the chance of getting a positive LMO for an IT professional. I've read in some other forums that the chances of rejecting LMO is higher in Ontario for IT people.

Is there any option to extend my work permit here? or stay here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

J

jenishkottaram

@terry2011 Thanks you very much for your reply. I really appreciate this. I've been working for this employer for the last 5 months(From Sep 2011) and my position is permanent. Is that going to help me anyway?

The employer is ready to help me regarding any way. Is this mandatory to put advertisement on News Paper or Jobs sites like (Monster, Woropolis etc).

Thanks for your help!

@chidera Bro! I don't have much idea about the that, I believe you need to find an employer and employer is willing to hire you, then you can apply for, WP.

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Jenishkottaram:
most of the time ( as I have read in this forum and read on the website) your employer has to advertise in job sites like Jobbank, or others well known sites but as I said, if you are PGWP, this shouldn't be a problem, because if you read the website where it says that in our case is not demanding, however, as I suggested that your employer showed the effort when they hired you, because I guess when they did it with you, they also advertised and others candidates applied, etc. I guess the important is to show that the company have tried to hire other canadian citizen and residents openly in a recruitment process and that you were not just chosen or hired without all this. ... remember timing is clue, it is very good you are already starting to work on it ;).

jenishkottaram said:
@ terry2011 Thanks you very much for your reply. I really appreciate this. I've been working for this employer for the last 5 months(From Sep 2011) and my position is permanent. Is that going to help me anyway?

The employer is ready to help me regarding any way. Is this mandatory to put advertisement on News Paper or Jobs sites like (Monster, Woropolis etc).

Thanks for your help!

@ chidera Bro! I don't have much idea about the that, I believe you need to find an employer and employer is willing to hire you, then you can apply for, WP.