+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Labor Market Impact Assessment

Zed2018

Oct 14, 2018
Hey There,
Huge favor. I had to leave Canada due to the removal order requirement. Canada Border Services Agency required me to leave the country with a one year bar punishment. While I was waiting for my departure to come due, I'd found an employer whose wanted to help me get a work permit so I could come back to Canada. My departure date was on February 26th 2018, It is been 8 months since I left. I called the employer a month ago and told me that they already had sent the LMIA application long ago (Probably by April/May) but I haven't received any response from them even though they told me they are willing to send me any info as soon as they would hear anything. I just wonder if, I ever could receive a + or - response from the Canadian Government? Should I wait more time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey There,
Huge favor. I had to leave Canada due to the removal order requirement. Canada Border Services Agency required me to leave the country with a one year bar punishment. While I was waiting for my departure to come due, I'd found an employer whose wanted to help me get a work permit so I could come back to Canada. My departure date was on February 26th 2018, It is been 8 months since I left. I called the employer a month ago and told me that they already had sent the LMIA application long ago (Probably by April/May) but I haven't received any response from them even though they told me they are willing to send me any info as soon as they would hear anything. I just wonder if, I ever could receive a + or - response from the Canadian Government? Should I wait more time?
It's hard to say. Generally LMIAs take around 4 months to process - but it's certainly possible that more time is required.

Even if you get a positive LMIA, you won't be able to apply for a work permit to return to Canada until a full year has passed since you left Canada (i.e. Feb 26th, 2019).

Hopefully you didn't pay any money in exchange for getting the job offer / LMIA. If you did, then it's almost certainly a scam.