+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA VAC Processing time

jijo_thomaz

Oct 3, 2023
hi everyone, is anyone know about the current processing time of LA VAC? I sent my passport on Sept 22 and VAC received it and is under process on Sept 26. Still no update after that. Normally how long does it take to stamp the visa? In the CA portal, it says your passport is approved. So I am worried about when it gets back. I have some travel plans that I booked a ticket for.

jijo_thomaz

Oct 3, 2023
Not yet. However the status changed on Friday (06 Oct) as the decision envelope is in transit from IRCC to VAC Los Angeles. It takes 10 days to change the status. Today (09 Oct) it again changed to "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Los Angeles on 2023/10/09. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs". My mail is not working as they entered it wrongly, so I tracked using the VFS website.

lohithp

Oct 9, 2023
Oh nice! I'm still waiting for the status to change and I have my travel on Saturday, didn't expect them to take three weeks just for stamping. Please let me the timeline once you get your passport, thanks

jijo_thomaz

Oct 3, 2023
Oh nice! I'm still waiting for the status to change and I have my travel on Saturday, didn't expect them to take three weeks just for stamping. Please let me the timeline once you get your passport, thanks
I got passport yesterday, took 19 days to get it back

09/21: Sent Passport to VFS
09/22 : Received Passport by VFS
09/25: Create ticket and sent passport from VAC to Embassy Los Angeles
09/26 : Embassy Received passport, updated the status as "In Progress"
10/06: Decision made and decision envelope (Passport) was couriered back to VAC from Embassy
10/09: VAC received the passport and gave to VFS to courier
10/10: Passport Received

lohithp

Oct 9, 2023
Thank you for the details. Fortunately the status changed for my passport and has been shipped from VAC, will be receiving it tomorrow

columeng

Oct 12, 2023
can you please share your timeline ?
If it helps, here is my timeline. I am still waiting for IRCC LA to process my visa

10/3 - Mailed passport to VAC
10/5 - Passport received at VAC
10/5 - Passport forwarded to IRCC LA
10/6 - Passport received at IRCC LA and under process

No updates after that.

Would you mind sharing your timeline?

bilwsaa

Oct 12, 2023
10/4 - Passport received at VAC

almost same timeline

Reactions: columeng

columeng

Oct 12, 2023
10/4 - Passport received at VAC

almost same timeline
Thanks! Any updates for you today? I haven't heard anything though I saw a post from someone whose passport was received on 10/5 and dispatched from IRCC today. Hopefully we hear back on Monday.

cancanada2000

Oct 18, 2023
My passport was received by IRCC LA on Oct 6. No updates since then. Have travel on Nov 1 planned including another appointment at New Delhi VAC. Sweaty palms.

cancanada2000

Oct 18, 2023
Awesome and Thank You !! I checked again and its moving from IRCC to VAC for me too.
I have never gotten a single email though lol, now hopefully the VAC ships it back soon.