Abelo

Jan 11, 2023
Dec 13: submitted
Dec 16: biometrics
Dec 24: Passport submission request
* passport was at another embassy so couldn’t submit until Jan 6
Jan 6: passport sent
Jan 9: received at Los Angeles center
Still no updates from them. Has anybody sent passport to LA VAC and how long before any updates? I have an urgent travel next week. I’m getting worried

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
@Abelo Hi, I'm in the same boat as you and my documents were received by LA CVAC on January 9th as well. Below is my timeline. We can track together and update amongst us if either of us have an update.

Dec 4th - Application submitted
Dec 27th - Biometrics completed
Jan 5th - Passport Request
Jan 6th - Sent Docs to LA CVAC
Jan 9th - They received the Docs & signed the Fedex label.

Abelo

Jan 11, 2023
@Abelo Hi, I'm in the same boat as you and my documents were received by LA CVAC on January 9th as well. Below is my timeline. We can track together and update amongst us if either of us have an update.

Dec 4th - Application submitted
Dec 27th - Biometrics completed
Jan 5th - Passport Request
Jan 6th - Sent Docs to LA CVAC
Jan 9th - They received the Docs & signed the Fedex label.
Nice. We can track together. Called them already. Sent an email and they asked for some info which I sent. Hopefully they get to do it before friday

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Nice. We can track together. Called them already. Sent an email and they asked for some info which I sent. Hopefully they get to do it before friday
@Abelo They sent an email today that they have received the documents and provided an Acknowledgement of Receipt. Did they mention how much time they take to stamp the visa and send the passport back? What additional info did they ask. Can you please let me know.

Abelo

Jan 11, 2023
They didn’t even send me an acknowledgment email. They asked for my name, phone number etc. They still didn’t provide any useful information