+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA Consulate lost my passport along with application

RanjeetST

Jul 29, 2013
Hi All,

Seeking help of experts here.
I sent my passport along with temp visa application to Canadian Consulate. USPS shows that Canadian consulate LA has recieved the application, however I never heard back from consulate about this.

When I visited LA office, consulate said they will look into the back office and come back to me but I never recieved any response from them. I have sent them more tahn 10 eamils, but they never reponded.

Its been 6 months. I need a suggestion from you if I can take any action against Canadia consualte in LA.

Thanks

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
RanjeesT,
Why don't you go back there and make them know that its ur passport with the Canadian visa or nothing.. 6 months ain't no joke

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Apply for GCMS notes and PHYSICAL FILE. Do search on forum and follow advice of Qorax or Cocknbull as they have out together good threads about ordering. Good luck.

arvindh22

Jan 22, 2014
Hi Ranjeet
Hope you got your passport back. Am on the same boat. I submitted my online request on Nov 22nd 2013. Based on the request I received to send my original passport, I sent my passport through USPS 2 day shipping method. My passport reached LA consulate on Dec 9th 2013. Earlier this week I got a mail from Ottawa office asking me to send my passport in 2 weeks otherwise my case will be closed. I had sent quite a few mails to LA consulate to track my passport but haven't got any response. Planning to travel to LA from Kansas next week to check on my passport. Can you please let me know what your experience at the consulate ? Will they let us in if we go in person. Please let me know.
Regards,
Aravind

brlsoft

Feb 6, 2014
Hi Aravind,

No updates for your case. had you have a chance to Visit the LA office?

I'm in the same boat, I have sent my passport on 23 Jan, 2014 and today received a withdrawn notification according to not receiving my passport.

Please Help

Regards,
BRL

arvindh22 said:
Hi Ranjeet
Hope you got your passport back. Am on the same boat. I submitted my online request on Nov 22nd 2013. Based on the request I received to send my original passport, I sent my passport through USPS 2 day shipping method. My passport reached LA consulate on Dec 9th 2013. Earlier this week I got a mail from Ottawa office asking me to send my passport in 2 weeks otherwise my case will be closed. I had sent quite a few mails to LA consulate to track my passport but haven't got any response. Planning to travel to LA from Kansas next week to check on my passport. Can you please let me know what your experience at the consulate ? Will they let us in if we go in person. Please let me know.
Regards,
Aravind

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
arvindh22 said:
Hi BRL,
Write to me @ arvindh22 @ yahoo.com. We need to discuss over phone.
Regards,
Aravind
If I were you I would send a registered letter to the Minister of Immigration detailing what has happened with a copy to the MP who represents the destination city

Yodelgange

Mar 27, 2015
Find a the highest level person you can correspond with and continue to contact them repeatedly. Get their name and document it. There's too much bureaucracy in the U.S. and it's easy to lose accountability unless you personalize and put a bug in someone's ear. If they know you'll be calling every day, it will be impossible to let this slip through the cracks.