+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kuwait Entry/Exit Record

janoo

May 16, 2014
I have worked in Middle East for 35 years I was very happily living there.

Only due to school reason I left as in Saudi Arabia there are limited sources for

higher education... I have no issue with my sponsor, you must understand that

in every society there are good people or bad..

I also do not understand why CIC make the issue for middle east visa,

law say simple if you complete your 1095 days in Canada out of 4 years i.e. 1460 days

than you are entitle for Canadian Citizenship.... if you travel to middle east for one

one week every six months you will be having 8-10 trips to middle east and you still

hold valid visa which you may want to keep until you secure Canadian Citizenship

as south asian country have difficulty to get the middle east visa once it is cancilled.

Main purpose of holding middle east visa only if any opportunity come we may

utilize and there is no harm so all of you kindly relax and if CIC asking anything

which is possible you can provide and am sure that today world if any

thing needed from middle east we may find someone to assist.

enjoy the cold weather ...

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Hi All
I was following this post and have a question. I used to live in Kuwait but decided to leave because I wanted to provide myself and my family with a country that would welcome us and we can call it home (I'm Iranian, even though I lived all my life in Kuwait, but I could never become a citizen there, saying this, I will forever be grateful to Kuwait for all that it provided me and my family during the years we lived there). I still hold a valid Kuwaiti Residency in my passport (as a Spouse and its not a work permit) , I'm hoping to be able to keep my residency as its my only way to enter Kuwait to visit my family because as an Iranian, I can not enter Kuwait with an Iranian passport without a residency nor can we obtain visit visa...I travel to Kuwait every 6 months simply for this reason so that my residency doesn't get expired. We landed in Canada in July /2012 , so with the new changes of residency requirement, I think we can apply for citizenship in July 2016 (4 out of 6 yrs). Do you think my holding the Kuwaiti residency valid in my passport would be of a problem to me? I hold to all my boarding passes and have all documents that proof my parents are old and live in Kuwait.
Your guidance and thoughts on this are appreciated.
Thanks
FR

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@may2014
Do you know the department where to get the Kuwait Driving License authenticated for able to get exemption of the mandatory waiting time for Canadian G1 license?

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AMJ said:
@ may2014
Do you know the department where to get the Kuwait Driving License authenticated for able to get exemption of the mandatory waiting time for Canadian G1 license?
AMJ, Kuwait driver's license is not accepted in some provinces in Canada as I know. The province where I live accepts certain licenses from different countries and Kuwait is NOT in that list of countries. I am not sure about Ontario, You would have to just wait on ! or if you have a license from your original country, that could be accepted. Are you Kuwaiti?

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try with your Pakistani license if you have one , that might work.

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
I had an International Driving Licence from Kuwait and also My Kuwaiti Driving license translated and authenticated , when I came to Canada,I was directly scheduled for the written test and in 2 weeks I sat for the driving test and got my Canadian D. license. What I realized was that having a letter from the Traffic Department in Kuwait , also from the Car Insurance Company that would certify for how many years you have been driving and that your record is clean from fines and accidents, that helped a lot in reducing the Insurance charges for the car we purchased in Canada.
Hope your find this info useful.

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SinghLovCan said:
AMJ, Kuwait driver's license is not accepted in some provinces in Canada as I know. The province where I live accepts certain licenses from different countries and Kuwait is NOT in that list of countries. I am not sure about Ontario, You would have to just wait on ! or if you have a license from your original country, that could be accepted. Are you Kuwaiti?
Ontario accepts Kuwait Driving experience ( not license swap ) but the DL has to be authenticated from Maroor so that you could directly appear for G1 test. I failed to locate the area where this department is?

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
FR said:
..... and also My Kuwaiti Driving license translated and authenticated , when I came to Canada.
Do you remember the place from where the DL was authenticated?

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
The Traffic Department in the Locality you have your Civil Card Address appearing under it. I got mine from Shuweikh. ٍ اىارة مرور العاصمة

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So bottom question is : Should I get this report or not, It has not been requested of me yet. I have never travelled out of Canada. I think they request more from UAE applicants, becoz they have e-gate system.

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
SinghLovCan said:
So bottom question is : Should I get this report or not, It has not been requested of me yet. I have never travelled out of Canada. I think they request more from UAE applicants, becoz they have e-gate system.
Was your Kuwaiti visa still valid when you applied for Canadian citizenship?

If not, then why would want to request that report from Kuwait? I don't see a reason for you to waste time and money to get this unless they ask for it.

When I applied for citizenship, I had expired Kuwait visa (Iqama) in my passport. The officer just asked few question about it and I told him that I no longer live in Kuwait. I got my oath letter 2 months after the exam. I send my application in July 2013 and I got the oath letter in Feb 2014.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ezz1981 said:
Was your Kuwaiti visa still valid when you applied for Canadian citizenship?

If not, then why would want to request that report from Kuwait? I don't see a reason for you to waste time and money to get this unless they ask for it.

When I applied for citizenship, I had expired Kuwait visa (Iqama) in my passport. The officer just asked few question about it and I told him that I no longer live in Kuwait. I got my oath letter 2 months after the exam. I send my application in July 2013 and I got the oath letter in Feb 2014.
The Kuwaiti visa was valid (not cancelled) when I landed here and it expired 1 year after my landing. Please advise, your story gives me hope :)

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
SinghLovCan said:
The Kuwaiti visa was valid (not cancelled) when I landed here and it expired 1 year after my landing. Please advise, your story gives me hope :)
I'm assuming that you didn't visit Kuwait after you became landed, correct? if yes, then I think you should be OK.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ezz1981 said:
I'm assuming that you didn't visit Kuwait after you became landed, correct? if yes, then I think you should be OK.
No after that I did not visit Kuwait. Also my wife never visited Kuwait, but she has sometime as unemployed. So I am worried about her also. Are you Indian? When I came to Canada, I had a valid Iqama in the passport. Most people on this forum scaring me that I will get RQ and will need to produce Entry/Exit Record. What do you suggest?

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
SinghLovCan said:
No after that I did not visit Kuwait. Also my wife never visited Kuwait, but she has sometime as unemployed. So I am worried about her also. Are you Indian? When I came to Canada, I had a valid Iqama in the passport. Most people on this forum scaring me that I will get RQ and will need to produce Entry/Exit Record. What do you suggest?
Stay positive... If you have strong tie to Canada you won't get any RQ. Ultimately, it is up to you to make the decision here as far as getting the movement records from Kuwait. If money is not an issue and you know people in Kuwait then go for it.