+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Check - Current (2019) situation

nutmeg13

Nov 12, 2019
Is that because the CIC wants the Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply ‘For confirmation of investigation card materials (including lapsed criminal sentences)’ (범죄·수사경력 회보서: 수사자료표 내용 확인용 (실효된 형 등 포함))?

I went to Korea for a quick vacation and got the PCC. The admin person at the police station has seriously warned that I cannot share this file to anywhere but that's what CIC wants so I've submitted. I saw another lady who was getting the PCC on behalf of her sibling who lives in Canada.

Do you have any family member to get the PCC for you..? I don't know much about what has changed since, but hopefully you can get the right document... :/

P.S - I've also looked at allminwon.com, and seemed like legit website, but I didn't use it after all...
THe one that you get from them does it have a red stamp that states cannot be submitted in translation from their language

nutmeg13

Nov 12, 2019
Hi DaryIM
If you don't mind asking, Did Cic request PCC while your file was in proces? Did they return your file for missing PCC? When did you Apply?
the reason I'm asking you is I submitted Spousal Application last week and I couldn't get one PCC from Country B unless I have to pay $2000 flight, and Agent, now I'm worried that Cic may return my Application for missing PCC even through I put small note saying 'Saying PCC unobtainable from Country B.
WHat happen to your application? Did CIC still request for it?

cha'

Feb 14, 2022
Hello, I used https://askkorealaw.com/2018/03/26/korean-criminal-investigation-records-check-reply/

I had my first contact with Me Chung on Jan 24, 2022.
The next day, I received instruction on what he needed to start the procedure:
- passport copy (used while being in Korea)
- current address/phone number,
- past Korean Alien Registration Number (if the applicant can remember),
- past Korean address (only if the applicant can remember),
- power of attorney forms (that was provided after paiement)

The proceeding fee was from 350 USD to 450 USD and need to be sent before you can get the power of attorney files to fill. I sent the fee via WISE. And chose the 1 day option (there is a 7-day option)

The power of attorney docs + Korean Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) application doc are :
1. Power of attorney (Immigration Check): (for Korean Police to verify that you are abroad at the time of application)
2. Power of attorney (entry): (for ward office to get access to your entry/exit check.)
3. Application for Criminal Record
4. Power of attorney (Criminal Record Check) (for Korean Police)

On Jan 28th. 2022, I received the document. On the same day I submitted it, my working permit (EIC) was accepted.

IMPORTANT: before submitting this document I tried submitting the simple police certificate (nb: no records was clearly written) + a paper written by the Korean consul explaining that the document asked by IRCC isn't given to foreigner and is illegal to use for immigration purpose -- no need to tell you that I was still asked to submit the "with lapsed record" police certificate. I felt really bad having to go to this length to get the asked paper.

I'm very thanksful to Me Chung !
I hope my comment on the proceeding, reassured you guys! I took "a chance" and I'm glad I did.